ESPN 2013 Playoff Machine | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN 2013 Playoff Machine

We really needed the Steelers to win last night, Baltimore is in the drivers seat big time right now holding tiebreakers over us and the Jets. It'll be interesting to see if the SuperBowl champs get the benefit of some questionable calls down the stretch to help them get in.

We really needed the Steelers to win last night, Baltimore is in the drivers seat big time right now holding tiebreakers over us and the Jets. It'll be interesting to see if the SuperBowl champs get the benefit of some questionable calls down the stretch to help them get in.
I still believe that yesterday's outcome was irrelevant for the Dolphins' playoff chances. I doubt 8-8 would have been enough anyway so we have to finish 9-7 or 10-6 to have a chance. For 9-7 we would have to win 4 of our last 5 games. I don't think this team can do it. Our playoff dreams more or less ended last week against Carolina when were 2 yards shy of a first down and had to punt in the final minutes.

Yesterday's result merely decides whether the Ravens or the Steelers take the last Wildcard spot. Game, Set & Match Baltimore. They won't need questionable calls to help them make the playoffs.

Ravens still have to travel to Detroit, the patriots at home and finish at home with the bengals. They may control their destiny but it won't be easy. I think they lose to the lions and pats.

People aren't realizing that Baltimore very well could win that division, in which case, we'd have the tiebreaker over Cincinnati

The way I see it there are 5 games left and we will most likely be out if we lose 2 games. That means we will need to go 4-1 or 5-0.......Not seeing that happen. Unless we start playing much better we are out.

Granted, they are all big, but we'll get another shot against the jets. A win next week basically eliminates the steelers

The thing is they hold the tie breaker over us right now so we need to have a better record than them or beat them twice to get the tie breaker.

People aren't realizing that Baltimore very well could win that division, in which case, we'd have the tiebreaker over Cincinnati

I think this is the scenario we should be rooting for. That way, we can still lose a game to finish 9-7 and win the tiebreak over them.

Miami, Pitts and Balt all tied at 8-8 if they win all their home games with Pitts getting the tie breaker. We really need to beat Pittsburgh this week and we need the Bengals to start losing so they have something to play for week 17.

Playing around with this, I tried to just look at each individual game and determine which team I think is better and has the best chance to win each game.

It's really tough to predict what Baltimore will do, but if we can find a way to beat a depleted Steelers team this weekend, we have a very, very, very good shot to get in. We might even be able to lose to the Patriots in two weeks -- as much as that would suck to get swept -- as Baltimore has some brutal games coming up against the Patriots, and Bengals/Lions on the road.

So yeah, even if you think this team sucks and doesn't deserve a playoff game, the fact is that we should be in it right down to the wire if we can pull out a win this weekend. And I got us playing Cincinnati @ Cincinnati as our wild card game. We're 2-0 against them under Philbin. :idk:

I love this thing. I'm such a sports geek, I like to mix and match the wins and losses and seeing how the scenarios could play for teams depending on the wins each week.

Back
Top Bottom