ESPN 2013 Playoff Machine | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN 2013 Playoff Machine

Playing around with this, I tried to just look at each individual game and determine which team I think is better and has the best chance to win each game.

It's really tough to predict what Baltimore will do, but if we can find a way to beat a depleted Steelers team this weekend, we have a very, very, very good shot to get in. We might even be able to lose to the Patriots in two weeks -- as much as that would suck to get swept -- as Baltimore has some brutal games coming up against the Patriots, and Bengals/Lions on the road.

So yeah, even if you think this team sucks and doesn't deserve a playoff game, the fact is that we should be in it right down to the wire if we can pull out a win this weekend. And I got us playing Cincinnati @ Cincinnati as our wild card game. We're 2-0 against them under Philbin. :idk:

Its imperative Cincinnati has something to play for week 17. Detroit should be a much better team than they are with the talent they have but their coach is a knob though so I wouldn't bank on them helping us out. Hopefully Reggie can do us one more solid before its all said and done.

Reggie! Reggie! Reggie!

The Ravens are pretty well coached and Flacco although inconsistent, has been-there-done-that. I mean, the Lions and Bengals can **** the bed any given week. I'd say the only one they will "for sure" lose is against the Pats... everything else is more of a toss up to me.

Most of all, though, we just need to win our games to even make this a fruitful discussion.

The Steelers game will be tough. I think that will be the toughest game left on the Schedule. I believe if the Dolphins beat the Steelers they will win out or maybe have a possible upset loss at Buffalo. The Ravens will beat the Vikings and Patriots and lose to the Lions and Bengals. So if the Dolphins beat the Steelers I predict they end up 10-6 or 9-7 while the Ravens end up 8-8.

Dolphins will take the number 2 seed and have a first round bye. End of story.

We win out. 10-6
Ravens lose only @lions. 9-7
Colts lose @cincy and @kc. 10-6
Bengals lose to ravens to @pitts. 10-6
Patriots lose @miami, @baltimore, and either to the bills or browns. 10-6

The only huge long shot there is pats losing to the bills OR browns. Everything else, while not likely, is entirely possible.

This puts us tied with NE and we win the division. Since we have tiebreakers over cincy and Indy, we have the number 2 seed.

NE will beat cincy, KC will beat Indy. NE will then lose @ Denver and Miami will beat KC. Then Miami will go on to lose the AFC championship @ Denver. Sorry, love this team, but I'm not a homer.... Haha.

I think we'll need to go 10-6 to make it, what'll kill the season for us is the fact that the Bengals will likely be resting players week 17, its possible they are in a dog fight for the number 2 seed but I don't see it happening with their schedule. Having said that Lewis rested players in a situation a few years ago when they played the Jets week 17 and then the Jets went on to destroy them in the first round of the playoffs so it'll be interesting to see how he plays it if it unfolds similarly.

Dolphins will take the number 2 seed and have a first round bye. End of story.

We win out. 10-6
Ravens lose only @lions. 9-7
Colts lose @cincy and @kc. 10-6
Bengals lose to ravens to @pitts. 10-6
Patriots lose @miami, @baltimore, and either to the bills or browns. 10-6

The only huge long shot there is pats losing to the bills OR browns. Everything else, while not likely, is entirely possible.

This puts us tied with NE and we win the division. Since we have tiebreakers over cincy and Indy, we have the number 2 seed.

NE will beat cincy, KC will beat Indy. NE will then lose @ Denver and Miami will beat KC. Then Miami will go on to lose the AFC championship @ Denver. Sorry, love this team, but I'm not a homer.... Haha.

Love your optimism but I doubt it happens. Makes me feel good anyway and I'm pulling for it :-)

Oh, I doubt it too. The collapse after 3-0 reminded me that these are the dolphins, and most likely the same dolphins we've come to know and despise over the last decade. Based on past experience, i doubt we even make it...

So in playing around with this if we get in it looks like we'll have to play either @ the Ravens, @ the Bengals or @ the Patriots (unless the unthinkable happens and we get the 2 seed). Think I'd rather play Cincy>Ravens>Pats. For me, playing in New England is the scariest prospect of all the possible playoff teams.

Back
Top Bottom