ESPN: Kiper's Updated Mock Draft for Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN: Kiper's Updated Mock Draft for Dolphins

Perfect72

It's Only Happened ONCE!
Reaction score
The NFL draft is fast approaching on April 28, which means there will be plenty of mock drafts over the next several days.
ESPN draft expert Mel Kiper provided his “Grade A” projection for all 32 teams Tuesday. Similar to Todd McShay’s mock draft last week, Kiper provided his ideal picks for each draft slot.
Here were Kiper's “Grade A” selections for the Miami Dolphins:

I'd be pretty disappointed.

But as I've said before, I loved last years draft, that's never happened before 2 years in a row, so if this draft sucks for me, I'm already expecting that.

Don't really love the picks themselves but LB and CB certainly fit our needs. WR....not so much

Considering Matt Hazel who has no NFL receptions is our #4 right now and we have no #5 WR on the roster as of yet...WR might be more of a need than you think. Plus I'm not very high on Kenny Stills either and he's our #3.

Considering Matt Hazel who has no NFL receptions is our #4 right now and we have no #5 WR on the roster as of yet...WR might be more of a need than you think. Plus I'm not very high on Kenny Stills either and he's our #3.

Griff Whalen was pretty solid as a reserve receiver for Indy the past few years. One of my customers is a really big Colts fan, and he talked him up pretty well after Miami signed him

Grif Whalen is our #4 . . . he will more than likely stick as that. Still managed 19 catches last year on a Colts team that had 4 WRs in front of him and 2 active TEs. Hazel would be our #5 right now and thats up for grabs for sure.

Agree on Stills, but hard to imagine him not being the #3 when the season starts.

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

Griff Whalen was pretty solid as a reserve receiver for Indy the past few years. One of my customers is a really big Colts fan, and he talked him up pretty well after Miami signed him

Yep, and he does special teams work. I think the #4 job is his to lose. Hazel will have to work to get the #5 and be the primary backup outside.

Do think we could address WR in this draft at some point.

100 percent truth. Except that Stills is considered a 2 -- which is even worse. Landry in no way is a 2 WR b/c he's simply not a boundary WR. He may be 2 on the depth chart but not on the field.

Which means that Miami is far weaker at WR than many on here think. Miami is in the spot that it's been for years. If 1 WR goes down, we're left with a bunch of number 3 level WRs trying to fill roles they simply are not designed to fill.

LD

I still can not stop laughing when I see "Griff" (Whalen...insignificant) typed here.

This is all I can think of:

0.jpg

After years of suffering through the likes of Roberto Ankle Weights Wallace and Brandon London and the free agent stiff who is so memorable we don't remember his name, and pretending that Brian Hartline was a competent receiver despite falling from a gust of wind, we finally have a decent core at receiver and we screw up a strength by not retaining a player we waited on and developed. Matthews is a tough kid who is competitive and a fighter. And we walked away from that.

Back
Top Bottom