ESPN report: "Big names to be cut on March 1st." | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN report: "Big names to be cut on March 1st."

Originally posted by Section126
Dude, everybody knows that Leftwich came in because they wanted to go with a younger guy.....they weren't going to win...so they gave him experience.....BTW, he was reduced to "partime status right after that performance against Carolina.......it had nothing to do with his overall performance......

In that case, we better sign this guy before the Patriots trade QB T. Brady for him.....:lol: :lol:

"Part time status" - Now that's one I haven't heard before.

:hail: QB M. Brunell. The "part time bench warmer"....:toliet:

NO TO BRUNELL!!!:nana:

YES TO RIVERS!!!:thewave:

PHINZ RULE!!!:D

The HC for the Jags was going in a different direction...and Mark Brunell was not part of his plans...

Blitz...your posts are misleading on this topic...Brunell was a solid QB...he has been in the Pro Bowl...made it to the AFC Champ. game...can throw the deep ball...can make all the throws you ask him to make...he would be an upgrade if we signed him.

He would not be a bad 2 year player for us...he could groom sage or the new qb if we draft one.

Gotta go with Section 126 on this one...but again this is just my opinion...

Go Fins!!!

Mark can still play. But his injuries will be a problem as the season gets longer. The Phins had better get a good #2 or have Sage ready to play. If they sign Mark or Kurt.

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG

ChambersOwnz84 & Section 126 : :peck:

How old are you, 5?

Reading your posts give me a headache, and I think I speak for about 75% of the members here.

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
Reading your posts give me a headache, and I think I speak for about 75% of the members here.

Gee, that's too bad, I really like you....

NOT!!

:lolcry:

ChambersOwnz84 & Section 126 : :peck:

The Brunell Bandwagon : :monkeyr: :astro: :astro: :astro:

PHINZ RULE!!!:ally:

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
Finished or played???....What's the difference???....

QB M. Brunell has missed a total of 24 games in his 11 year career. How many were due to injury doesn't even matter. Hell, he missed 13 games just this year!!!

Injured or not, he was not QBing the Jags this year. If he couldn't hold onto his starting job in Jacksonville, how's he going to keep it anywhere else??? Some say that he wasn't even injured this year at all. What does that say about a HC's conifdence in his abilities....very little IMO.

When HC's make the change at QB from veteran to rookie, you know something isn't right. JDR made that change, and I don't think he regrets it either. He could have just started BL for a couple of weeks, and then let MB go back to the starter, but why bother when the starter isn't as productive as the rookie???....

That tells me one thing. If we can draft QB P. Rivers, a rookie, why go and spend needed $$$ on a veteran who isn't going to be any better??? He couldn't beat out BL in Jax, so how's he going to out gun a hungry Rivers???

I'm getting in on this one a little late, but let me throw in my 2 cents. I'm actually for Brunell AND Rivers.

The Jags committed to Leftwich this year because they KNEW they were not going to contend this year and wanted Leftwich to get up to speed on the learning curve as soon as possible.

Miami is a vastly different situation. The team shows no signs of yielding to a rebuilding mode; thus, we need a quarterback who can win NOW while the future QB learns. Quick, what was the last team led to a playoff berth by a rookie quarterback?

Tick ... tick ... tick ...

P.S. I'll try to ignore the fact your monkey is urinating on my smiley. :D

Originally posted by MDolphins2003
Mark can still play. But his injuries will be a problem as the season gets longer. The Phins had better get a good #2 or have Sage ready to play. If they sign Mark or Kurt.
Coughlin certainly gave Brunnell a ringin endorsement
Giants coach Tom Coughlin, whose quarterback was Mark Brunell in Jacksonville, said the Dolphins would be advised to sign Brunell. "Mark is an outstanding football player who can still do very well," Coughlin said. "His opportunity to move on will be there. And there are going to be a lot of people in this league that are interested in him."...
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports...ons/thursday/sports_04f0c26ca54c42a100fa.html

and John Clayton said that Warner will be Rams starting QB in 2004 so forget him

I hope Dan gets on the field and throws his Fins Uni back on...that would be awesome...

Go Dan Go Fins!!!

Back
Top Bottom