ESPN report: "Big names to be cut on March 1st." | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN report: "Big names to be cut on March 1st."

Originally posted by aquaman
feidler can go be an extra hobbit on a new lotr movie for all i care.

i think JF looks more like a kebbler elf than a hobbit.

I gotta question why is everyone here sooo frickin high on Mark Brunell and nobody wants Brad Johnson?

He led his team to a SUPER BOWL WIN less than a year ago for cryin out loud. Yeah he threw interceptions but he also didn't have the same kind of consistent play going on around him from his WRs. Jurevicious was out a ton of time, Keyshawn had a tiff with the coach and started playing half-speed THEN got kicked from the team, and Pittman certainly had his frickin problems (driving a truck into the car that held his baby in it just because it held his wife in it too).

And despite all that its not like the guy imploded he just uncharacteristically threw interceptions. He's had plenty of experience in Norv's offense and to tell you the truth the last time Norv's offense was clicking on all cylinders, it was Brad Johnson tossing the ball with scrubbies like Mike Westbrook and Albert Connell catching it. Sure he's old, but if we're lookin for a guy to come in and play one season at a high level, before he loses his job to a learning rookie, he's about as good as you get.

No thanks

Originally posted by MiamiFan1354
What about Crebet. I hate the guy but h has always lit us up, so he must be pretty good.

Chrebet's a little weinie. Gets a concussion and has "migraine" headaches and depression. Give me a break. We don't want this whiner.

Have you ever had a migraine?? I used to get them alot. They ain't fun. Especially when they follow concussions (had my share of those too).

Garrard is a name that makes my toes tingle. He's got a lot of things going for him. But can he read a defense?? Is he accurate?? Does he make good decisions?? I wish I knew for sure.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I gotta question why is everyone here sooo frickin high on Mark Brunell and nobody wants Brad Johnson?

He led his team to a SUPER BOWL WIN less than a year ago for cryin out loud. Yeah he threw interceptions but he also didn't have the same kind of consistent play going on around him from his WRs. Jurevicious was out a ton of time, Keyshawn had a tiff with the coach and started playing half-speed THEN got kicked from the team, and Pittman certainly had his frickin problems (driving a truck into the car that held his baby in it just because it held his wife in it too).

And despite all that its not like the guy imploded he just uncharacteristically threw interceptions. He's had plenty of experience in Norv's offense and to tell you the truth the last time Norv's offense was clicking on all cylinders, it was Brad Johnson tossing the ball with scrubbies like Mike Westbrook and Albert Connell catching it. Sure he's old, but if we're lookin for a guy to come in and play one season at a high level, before he loses his job to a learning rookie, he's about as good as you get.

Hell....Earl Morrell was 70!!!!:lol:

Originally posted by Brad528
We need to trade Wally and Sam to Detroit for there first rounder and try to get Ben or Eli

I like that idea Brad528!!!

Fair question

Originally posted by Muck
Have you ever had a migraine?? I used to get them alot. They ain't fun. Especially when they follow concussions (had my share of those too).

No I have never had a migraine. But I have never heard a professional football player complain of migraines and depression (reminds me of a woman on her you know what). Never had a concussion though either so I don't know how to feel. I just feel like he's a girly man...

Yeah Muck has given just a little more information in this thread than what most would like to know. His toes tingle for some guy named Garrard and he used to get migraines.

Something is not right here. :shakeno:

Re: Fair question

Originally posted by njfinfan

No I have never had a migraine. But I have never heard a professional football player complain of migraines and depression (reminds me of a woman on her you know what). Never had a concussion though either so I don't know how to feel. I just feel like he's a girly man...

It can break down even the toughest man. One good example is Terrell Davis. He got a migraine during the second quarter of the Super Bowl and had to come out for awhile. Shannahan told him to go back in for one play down on the goalline so they could sell play-action......even though TD could barely see.

That's how I would get. I could barely see when I'd get them....along with nausea and other ailments. The last one I got was during the Colts-Bucs MNF game this year. I always seem to get them for big sporting events. Missed a big De La Hoya fight one night too. :lol:

I don't know. I just don't seem to see Chrebet in a wimpy way. He's made alot of plays over the middle in his career and taken some good hits.

You've convinced me man. If I had experienced them, maybe I'd be more sympathetic. Thank goodness, from how you've described them, I haven't had either.

Mark Brunnel- Obviously, but i don't want him in Miami. His body is giving on him, and his last 2 games were AWFUL. i don't believe he can can last 5 games before getting hurt and possibly out for the year.

Brad Johnson- Gruden says he's the starter opening day...

Rich Gannon- I don't know if it was his offense, or just him. i don't see how a player can have a HUGE droppoff in such a short amount of time. makes me wonder if Miami has the right system. Plus i don't know if Oakland is gonna drop him.

JERRY RICE- Take him for cheap, and a #3.

Wayne Crebet- good #3,

Peter Warrick- why would he be released?

Joey Galloway- good speed guy.

Rod Smith- Old, don't want him

TY LAW- I think he'll restructure, they need him.

Back
Top Bottom