Espn Report: Carson Palmer wants to be traded. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Espn Report: Carson Palmer wants to be traded.

WestSideFin

Active Roster
Reaction score
Carson Palmer up for grabs?

Carson Palmer-QB-Bengals Jan. 23 - 1:39 pm et

Carson Palmer will demand a trade from the Bengals, according to ESPN's Chris Mortensen.
According to Mortensen, Palmer is willing to "play the retirement card" if he doesn't get his wish. We're not exactly sure what Palmer is thinking here. Set to make $11.5 million in 2011, his rapidly declining play will attract limited interest on the trade market. If he stays in Cincy, he is at least likely to get one more season as the starter while they groom a new quarterback. It appears he has simply grown frustrated with the Bengals' struggles and wants out. Mortensen suggests that Seahawks coach Pete Carroll, Palmer's former college coach, could be an option.
Source: Chris Mortensen on Twitter

rotoworld.com

Carson Palmer?????????

Do you think the coaching staff gets desperate and tries to trade for the unhappy Carson Palmer. According to ESPN Carson wants to be trade and will contemplate retirement if he doesnt get his wish. Being from Ohio I have seen Carson play a lot of games for the Bengals. His play has definitely declined and he is getting old at the age of 31. But nonetheless he would be an upgrade. Possibly get him for a future 2nd round pick or maybe a 3rd and 5th in this years draft. If we are trying to win now there is no chance we can draft a QB without having a veteran QB to start now. What do you guys think? At the very least its an option to think about.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=4459

Can't post link, go to espn.com but it said he wants to be traded or he will
consider retirement...

Career 87 rating, 154 TD's and 100 INTs, completely screwed up by a clown of a Head Coach and two clown receivers (Ocho/TJ and then Ocho/TO) still only 31 years old and would be comfortably the best QB we have had in 10 years.

I think he goes back to California where he came from and joins the 9ers. I'd rather have Harbaugh calling my plays to Gore, Crabtree and Vernon Davis rather than have the Cleveland Show calling plays to Brandon Marshall and not much else.

ehhh im not certain if i would like him here.

To me, this is the best of the actual options available to us now. A QB with enough leadership skills to actually be elected team captain.

Cincys hands are kinda tied in a sense...i cant see teams giving up much for him and cincy might as well take whatever they can get for him...which in my honest opinion wont be much. Hes never been the same since that injury like 4 years ago or whenever it was.

Mort said he was considering Seattle, San Francisco and maybe Arizona

Ya im not sure were this team wants to go at QB. Heck im not really sure what they should do... But i have a good feeling about next year i think we will turn some heads........ Go Phins.......

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

All speculation.. Bottom line is you never know Palmer could be miami bound....

those sound like realistic options...i personally dont think were going to try to go after him too hard. Ireland might see what it would take to get him but i dont see them realistically pursuing him all that hard.

He in my mind is the best option. If we can get him ill be relieved, but I don't think it will happn.

said on espn that the most incentive would be for him to end up in nfc west. either in seattle with pete carrol or in sf, his wife's hometown. Miami happens to be the opposite side of the country that theyre saying he wants to be on. Don't get me wrong, for cheap, I'm willing to give him a shot....

What would you have to trade for him??? He's the best out of all the available options, but with so many teams needing qb's this year, the price tag could be steep.

I would take him over VY any day, even with VY not costing us picks or trades.

He'd be an upgrade over Henne but not by much...he's getting older. Are we really going to get another washed up QB way past his prime?

Back
Top Bottom