ESPN: Reports Dolphins Dominate Defense | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN: Reports Dolphins Dominate Defense

ESPN: Sportscenter reports that the Dolphins Defense is dominating Cam Cameron's Offense at training camp, They are not allowing any open passes etc.

Dolphins offense isn't the Bills offense so it really don't matter. Not to talk trash but I expect us to drop 30+ on you in both games because of Losman's mastery against the dolphins.

Dolphins offense isn't the Bills offense so it really don't matter. Not to talk trash but I expect us to drop 30+ on you in both games because of Losman's mastery against the dolphins.

You really expect 30+ against a D that ranked top 5 last year and is expected to be there again this year? High hopes, I would personally bet against it, but time will tell.

And you only scored 37 total against us last year in two games.

ESPN: Sportscenter reports that the Dolphins Defense is dominating Cam Cameron's Offense at training camp, They are not allowing any open passes etc.

You have to wonder whether the D is simply that good.

The D took over games last year starting in Chicago.

This year should be even better on paper...

The players should have fully digested the D scheme by this season.

Daniels is back and playing at a high level.

Allen is doing OK so far and was written up as keeping up with Ginn stride for stride.

Porter is a Quantum upgrade over Spragan.

Roth is probably an upgrade over Carter.

The pass rush was all over opposing QBs like a stink last year. Recall how the Phins slammed around Tom Cool until he was screaming at his OL, which was actually quite good.

This year's model with Roth and Porter should be even better and may challenge the league lead for sacks.

Thus, is it much of a surprise that the D is gaining constant penetration into Miami's backfield during camp when they did the same thing last year against some very good opposing OLs?

I am reserving judgment on the O until I see them play against some other less stellar Ds during preseason games.

You really expect 30+ against a D that ranked top 5 last year and is expected to be there again this year? High hopes, I would personally bet against it, but time will tell.

Our offense is going to be scary good this year, and just like your defense isn't allowing anything, our offense is firing on all cylinders right now in camp.

Losman is ready to take his game to another level.

Our offense is going to be scary good this year, and just like your defense isn't allowing anything, our offense is firing on all cylinders right now in camp.

That could be, or it just could be your D ain't all that. Same topic we used to be discussing here. Your D did take some big hits this offseason.

Who cares?

There's a forum where you can talk about the jills and the other teams in the AFC East

Now back to the Dolphins...

On at least one site, fanatasyguru.com, our offense is getting a little love:

Ronnie Brown and Lorenzo Booker (RBs, Mia) – The running back situation in Miami is on the up and up, and that’s putting it lightly. Brown appears to be in peak physical condition, is likely to see more catches, and is seeing a ton of reps in training camp thus far. Booker has impressed in his workouts due to his pure, unadulterated speed. This combo under Coach Cam Cameron is actually shaping up to be as lethal as a death row injection.

You have to wonder whether the D is simply that good.

The D took over games last year starting in Chicago.

This year should be even better on paper...

The players should have fully digested the D scheme by this season.

Daniels is back and playing at a high level.

Allen is doing OK so far and was written up as keeping up with Ginn stride for stride.

Porter is a Quantum upgrade over Spragan.

Roth is probably an upgrade over Carter.

The pass rush was all over opposing QBs like a stink last year. Recall how the Phins slammed around Tom Cool until he was screaming at his OL, which was actually quite good.

This year's model with Roth and Porter should be even better and may challenge the league lead for sacks.

Thus, is it much of a surprise that the D is gaining constant penetration into Miami's backfield during camp when they did the same thing last year against some very good opposing OLs?

I am reserving judgment on the O until I see them play against some other less stellar Ds during preseason games.

Will Allen was probably the fastest guy on the team before Ted. Glad to hear that he can keep up with Ted. We're going to need all of that speed when we play the Patsies now that they have Moss and Stallworth. Question is ... how do we deal with Moss's size and speed? :hmmm:

Our DBs better work very hard on their body control, timing their jumps, getting their head around and all that ... a lot. I'd be happy if they can just stay with Moss and Stallworth and knock down passes with those guys ... don't worry about getting picks unless they're easy ones. Randy Moss might be a little dirty too, so they better be ready for that too.

This might mean something but it is the first week of training camp. So to me it doesn't mean diddley.

I'll resume in a few words why we WILL be a more balanced team this year...Cam Cameron in place of Nick Saban! Players certainly think so...

Now come on. Not only will the Bills drop 30+ on us twice, imagine what's in store for teams that don't have as good a defense as us! I mean JP Friggin' Losman! The Second Coming of Peyton Manning! And don't forget that offensive line! Not everyone can overpay for slightly above average talent like that! And don't forget Marshawn Lynch, the next Thurman Thomas! And there's a rumor they may even employ a 2nd receiver to go along with Lee Evans!

Back
Top Bottom