espn rumors qb flip in miami | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

espn rumors qb flip in miami

There is no reason to switch qb's yet. Pennington was not really that bad or really bad at all. We need to stop playing games and taking him off to put in white though. If we continue to have no success on offense then we go to Henne to switch things up. Pure silliness at this point.

It wasn’t one game. It was last season finale combined with this last game. It is two games back to back where the Dolphins, as a team, are easy to win against. Enough with the Pennington love. He’s an ex-Jet. He got cut because he was not good enough to be a Jet. You want their discarded quarterback? HOW PATHETIC!!!! Do you not watch other games or what? Our quarterback can’t play the game. We have got to get someone who can stretch the field and then Miami is not easy to win against. Maybe it is not going to be Henne. I know Woodley took us to the Super Bowl and because of that Dan Marino did not start until week five or whatever it was. WASTED FIVE GAMES BEING NICE TO WOODLEY! Maybe Henne lights it up? Pennington can not, we are not going to sneak up on anybody ever again. We have been exposed. Make the change now.
Or I’ll tell you how I really feel.

The idiots at ESPN show there stupidity by mentioning the fact that Henne was inactive last week. The only reason he was inactive is because if you bring in your 3rd string which woud have been WHite then one of the first two qbs have to sit. So if Pennington would have went down I believe Henne would have been permitted to enter the game yet Pennington would have to remain out for the remainder of the game. It seemed to me like just a way around the rules that miami was taking advantage of.

Miami could be considering replacing Penny because of the opposig defense can play short , thus cutting off the short passes and clogging running lanes. We have to have a long game or teams will use the defense the Ravens and Falcons used to shut our offense down.

The play calling was pretty vanilla yesterday, and I can't blame Pennington for a lot of it, except where he did his Jay Fielder-pass-attempt-fumble. You cannot take as long as Chad did deciding what to with the ball, especially when Abraham was eating Jake Long's lunch. I think you have to give Chad another shot, and if the offense still looks bad, then you give Henne a shot.

Actually, Jake Long had 3 poor plays. He gave up 2 sacks (one to Abraham) and allowed Abraham to pressure CP on another. He played solidly the rest of the game. On one of his sacks it looked like the D-line ran a stunt and he was just off balance, he wasn't overpowered.
I was pretty down about Long yesterday too, but after reading the 3 So. Fla papers his play wasn't as bad as I thought. His mistakes are correctable. It's premature to start ranting and raving that he doesn't have the footwork of a LT. That rumor was quashed at the scouting combine.

Actually, Jake Long had 3 poor plays. He gave up 2 sacks (one to Abraham) and allowed Abraham to pressure CP on another. He played solidly the rest of the game. On one of his sacks it looked like the D-line ran a stunt and he was just off balance, he wasn't overpowered.
I was pretty down about Long yesterday too, but after reading the 3 So. Fla papers his play wasn't as bad as I thought. His mistakes are correctable. It's premature to start ranting and raving that he doesn't have the footwork of a LT. That rumor was quashed at the scouting combine.

Giving up two sacks is pretty bad no matter what else he did good in the game. I mean would u be happy if he gave up only 32 sacks but did eerything else well

Giving up two sacks is pretty bad no matter what else he did good in the game. I mean would u be happy if he gave up only 32 sacks but did eerything else well

Dating back since last season I don't see a pattern or bad habits. Once again I will stay FAIR MINDED and reserve judgement until I see a pattern.
I don't think I implied anywhere in my post that I was pleased in any way, shape or form, with his play yesterday.

Switching QB's after 1 game is stupid, and I'm pretty sure our coach isn't stupid.

There is no reason to switch qb's yet. Pennington was not really that bad or really bad at all. We need to stop playing games and taking him off to put in white though. If we continue to have no success on offense then we go to Henne to switch things up. Pure silliness at this point.

Man, I hated putting White in, I just hate the White pick all around. It makes no sense now, and it didn't make any sense when he was drafted. Putting a cold (rookie)player in to make a play is NOT a good idea.

The problem of yesterdays game was the cumlulative effect. It wasn't just one player. We clearly lost as a team last night. The easiest thing to do is blame the QB, or Fasano because he lost 2 balls. Or Long for giving up 2 sacks

There is plenty of blame to go around.

If penny has another performance like his last two games you can guarantee a flip. Its already in the coaches minds. The snowball has started rolling.....

Oh brother.. I didn't expect these threads until week 6 at leasy.. Not week one..

Obviously not much newsworthy info coming from yesterdays game.

I'm surprised you didn't realize this about the fans on this website. If we started the season 9-0 and lost a game people would be calling for blood. There is a lot of people that don't know much about football that post here. Not saying about the person who started this trend, he was just passing on information. There is a lot of it though.

Jake Long gave up two sacks following a pro bowl year which he gave up 2.5 sacks...finheaven general opinion: we should have drafted Matt Ryan and put him behind a sub-par line.

Chad Pennington was MVP runner-up last season and was a lockerroom leader last year. had a bad game versus Atl...finheaven general opinion: bench him for Chad Henne and don't give him a new contract next year.

Anthony Fasano finished 3rd among TE last year in TD receptions, 2 fumbles later...finheaven general opinion: Dallas can we have our 4th round pick back?

Its the same thing week after week. We win, Sparano should be given a bust in Canton. We lose, 50 players should be cut or traded before the next game or we are doomed this season. It just goes in one ear and out the other any more.

The play calling was pretty vanilla yesterday, and I can't blame Pennington for a lot of it, except where he did his Jay Fielder-pass-attempt-fumble. You cannot take as long as Chad did deciding what to with the ball, especially when Abraham was eating Jake Long's lunch. I think you have to give Chad another shot, and if the offense still looks bad, then you give Henne a shot.

I have alot of trouble with our Wr's not getting open, I also thought our line played pretty bad. Ronnie looked for most of the game like he was the back to Ricky and our TE's well, bad day all around. The only thing I was happy with was our Defense. 19 points to that offense at home. If the O would of showed up we might have won.

ESPN is always making **** up for there VIP insiders hahaha

Back
Top Bottom