Espn Seems To Think Miami's Backfield Is The 5th-worst In The Nfl | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Espn Seems To Think Miami's Backfield Is The 5th-worst In The Nfl

SCLSU Mud Dogs

Foosball is the devil
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score

It's an insider article but this reddit thread provides the full list. It's pretty garbage.

I can huff and puff and be all bothered by this thoroughly horrible ranking or I can just enjoy the success of the team that much more when it comes.

I was a Kenyan Drake fan before we selected him so I was always going to believe in his talent. What he did last year affirmed to me that he was exactly who I thought he could be.

If you offered me Chrisitan McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon or Jordan Howard for Drake, I know I'd pass.

I can huff and puff and be all bothered by this thoroughly horrible ranking or I can just enjoy the success of the team that much more when it comes.

I was a Kenyan Drake fan before we selected him so I was always going to believe in his talent. What he did last year affirmed to me that he was exactly who I thought he could be.

If you offered me Chrisitan McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon or Jordan Howard for Drake, I know I'd pass.

Now that last part is a bit of a stretch. I think at this point, I'd take McCaffrey and Gordon over Drake.

Opinions, opinions, opinions. Sure there are a number of teams with higher profile backs than Miami. By that I mean backs that are under 30, have either had a decent amount of NFL success or entered the league with a decent amount of draft hype. I'm sure people outside of Miami see Gore as being on his last legs, Drake as a young and unproven prospect and Ballage as a complete wildcard (could be a contributor or non-factor).

I just like that there seems to be no entitled backs or receivers on the roster. Nobody complaining because the team as a whole didn't run the ball enough or they didn't get x number of carries. No receivers complaining about their individual targets, receptions or td opportunities. Just a group players that will let the spotlight shine on different players on a week to week basis. It will make Gase's and Tannehill's job easier.

I can't say I blame them, I mean even if Drake was the 5th leading rusher from the time he became our primary back during that same 8 game sretch the team overall was still 25th in rushing yards.

Drake proved to be one of the best (If not the best) RB in the final quarter of last season... Gore will probably be the backup in a sense (He will probably end up with as many touches as Drake by years end) this coming year, even though he again was very effective last year...Ballage has been the talk of camp, and many believe could have been a huge steal for the Dolphins.

Yes, ESPN yet again proving they are actually the last word in sports information....Well actually the last place you should get your sports information.

I stopped paying attention to what anyone at ESPN has to say a long time ago.Too much New York/New England bias and a lot of lazy reporting. I know that I am excited to see what Drake can do as the starter from the start. Also happy to have a future HOFer as the #2 guy. Gore proved last year that he can still play. Very excited about Kalen Ballage's potential especially in the passing game. I am confident that Gase will use all these guys to their strengths.

Drake proved to be one of the best (If not the best) RB in the final quarter of last season... Gore will probably be the backup in a sense (He will probably end up with as many touches as Drake by years end) this coming year, even though he again was very effective last year...Ballage has been the talk of camp, and many believe could have been a huge steal for the Dolphins.

Yes, ESPN yet again proving they are actually the last word in sports information....Well actually the last place you should get your sports information.
I wouldn't give ESPN any more credibility than the crazy cat lady next door.

There was a time when ESPN got 20 hours of viewership per week out of me. Now, I very very rarely watch, or go to their website.

Espn was stupid five years ago. Now they cover professional wrestling as part of their journalistic endeavors.

Back
Top Bottom