Espn Seems To Think Miami's Backfield Is The 5th-worst In The Nfl | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Espn Seems To Think Miami's Backfield Is The 5th-worst In The Nfl

I wouldn't give ESPN any more credibility than the crazy cat lady next door.

There was a time when ESPN got 20 hours of viewership per week out of me. Now, I very very rarely watch, or go to their website.

Yeah, I refuse to waste my time with those people.

I can huff and puff and be all bothered by this thoroughly horrible ranking or I can just enjoy the success of the team that much more when it comes.

I was a Kenyan Drake fan before we selected him so I was always going to believe in his talent. What he did last year affirmed to me that he was exactly who I thought he could be.

If you offered me Chrisitan McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon or Jordan Howard for Drake, I know I'd pass.

McCaffrey hasn't shown much yet imo, watched quite a bit of him last year and he has trouble breaking through ANY type of contact and most of his TDs were just really good play designs where he was wide open and schemed to be that way...

The other 2 Id probably take both over Drake from a neutral standpoint

No disrespect meant to you brother, but I didn't know anyone watched or read ESPN anymore?

I know they've had some controversy lately (which imo could easily be staged publicity stunts), but ESPN is still the #1 sports network in the us, a 40 BILLION dollar company etc... I feel like Fox Sports and NBC SN are both very big sports networks, yet both of them would love to have ESPN's ratings....think they are doing ok still

Even Miami Dolphin fans who are sky high on Drake, like me, must concede to a small sample size. In that stretch he was simply awesome and he was playing with Cutler and a pretty poor o-line. If we project the numbers out he's a top back in the NFL. Projecting is expectations thorny cousin and we all know how if we have huge expectations it can come crashing down on us. The Dolphins have failed over and over for quite a while and the National mind set is that we'll screw up again and fail. I don't blame Vegas or ESPN. The narrative will change when we change it on the field.

But, most of us here in Dolphin land believe in Tannehill, Gase and the stunning make over of the entire roster. I think we'll cruise into the play offs as one of the hot teams going forward but let's tap the breaks until they put pads on!

Opinions, opinions, opinions. Sure there are a number of teams with higher profile backs than Miami. By that I mean backs that are under 30, have either had a decent amount of NFL success or entered the league with a decent amount of draft hype. I'm sure people outside of Miami see Gore as being on his last legs, Drake as a young and unproven prospect and Ballage as a complete wildcard (could be a contributor or non-factor).

I just like that there seems to be no entitled backs or receivers on the roster. Nobody complaining because the team as a whole didn't run the ball enough or they didn't get x number of carries. No receivers complaining about their individual targets, receptions or td opportunities. Just a group players that will let the spotlight shine on different players on a week to week basis. It will make Gase's and Tannehill's job easier.

Agreed. Gase seems to value the interchangeable parts approach a la New England. I wonder if a piece of this has to do with Tannehill's personality-type. Brady doesn't seem to care too much about his receiver's feelings.

They make you pay to read those opinions. That tells you all you need to know and hopefully not many of you do it.

Miami has a lot to prove. The running game was inconsistent last year, but certainly picked up with Drake. That's really a big question this year. Can the running game improve to the point where it's maybe top 10 in the league? I think it can be that good, with the additions of Sitton and Kilgore on the offensive line, plus Gore to complement Drake.

Is this ranking by talent or wokeness. ESPN usually favors wokeness in their rankings

Drake proved to be one of the best (If not the best) RB in the final quarter of last season... Gore will probably be the backup in a sense (He will probably end up with as many touches as Drake by years end) this coming year, even though he again was very effective last year...Ballage has been the talk of camp, and many believe could have been a huge steal for the Dolphins.

Yes, ESPN yet again proving they are actually the last word in sports information....Well actually the last place you should get your sports information.
That's pretty much how I see it as well.

Back
Top Bottom