ESPN: Stats say Saints better without Reggie Bush | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN: Stats say Saints better without Reggie Bush

There is no doubt that Reggie Bush is a risk . . . Mark Ingram and his bad knees was a risk . . . Mallet and his character issues that forced a 2 round drop is a risk . . . it is just refreshing for the Fins to roll the dice somewhat in this scenario and hopefully just giving up a special teams guy and/or late round pick with decent compensation thrown only.

They still need to use him right, and that is another question in itself, but atleast we have somebody who has the talent to take it to the house at any given time. We have NOTHING like that on this team right now.

I'll tell you what else is annoying, the "cautious optimism" crowd who applaud every move the Dolphins make either because they don't know enough about the players or details involved, or because they come to the board looking for a bedtime story from Mommy about what a great personnel move the Dolphins just made.

Optimism about everything is optimism about nothing.

Spot on!! I call it fandom. Majority of fans football knowledge fits on the head of a pin in large font.

If you politely suggest its fandom ... they believe they're football gurus.

Wish people took a little time to learn football. They get excited by anyone who has been cut, no matter the price, age, or circumstances. My fav ... They want to sign every WR who's ever lived!! lol Two 7-9 seasons didn't cure them ... they still want more & more WRs!!

Screw a reality show with Marsh, Bush, and VY....a Finheaven house would be pretty entertaining as well.

At the end of the day though none of it matters. Nothing we say on here is worth **** in reality. Besides, wouldn't you rather have a whole heap of positiveness as opposed to a whole bucket full of negativeness?

I would rather not be deluding myself.

There is no doubt that Reggie Bush is a risk . . . Mark Ingram and his bad knees was a risk . . . Mallet and his character issues that forced a 2 round drop is a risk . . . it is just refreshing for the Fins to roll the dice somewhat in this scenario and hopefully just giving up a special teams guy and/or late round pick with decent compensation thrown only.

They still need to use him right, and that is another question in itself, but atleast we have somebody who has the talent to take it to the house at any given time. We have NOTHING like that on this team right now.

I call it risk without reward.

Still cant believe that people would give a 3rd pick for Bush but not Orton. That makes absolutely no sense. Bush is hurt often with low production and low average yards per carry and his numbers have gone down since his rookie year. Orton numbers have increased every year and has great production.

Spot on!! I call it fandom. Majority of fans football knowledge fits on the head of a pin in large font.

If you politely suggest its fandom ... they believe they're football gurus.

Wish people took a little time to learn football. They get excited by anyone who has been cut, no matter the price, age, or circumstances. Then they wouldn't want to sign every WR who's ever lived!! lol Two 7-9 seasons didn't cure them ... they still want more & more WRs!!

Who? All I said is that I simply hate it when people put down every damn move this regime makes. The second this regime is fired, people will bash the new one. It's the same old thing. We could win 5 SBs and people still wouldn't be happy. I grow tired of this fan base. We simply don't deserve a team if we're going to "Suck for Luck" and lose on purpose to fire Sparano. We need some optimism going into the season. We got a lot of talented young players. Call it "blind homerism", but nobody likes ignorant pessimists. I don't like every move either, but we got a play maker finally, and now people aren't happy. WTF?

25.9 points a game with Reggie? What a lead weight! Last time Miami scored points at that rate through a season was 1986.

Who? All I said is that I simply hate it when people put down every damn move this regime makes. The second this regime is fired, people will bash the new one. It's the same old thing. We could win 5 SBs and people still wouldn't be happy. I grow tired of this fan base. We simply don't deserve a team if we're going to "Suck for Luck" and lose on purpose to fire Sparano. We need some optimism going into the season. We got a lot of talented young players. Call it "blind homerism", but nobody likes ignorant pessimists. I don't like every move either, but we got a play maker finally, and now people aren't happy. WTF?

Are you upset because every single move has its supporters and detractors? You demand full 100% support for every move (as long as it's one you also support)?

Reggie Bush's being a play maker is EXACTLY what is in question here. And again I ask, how many touchdowns did Reggie score last year?

I call it risk without reward.

Off topic, but IYO, who have you disliked more this year in regards to potential adds to the Dolphins . . . . Reggie Bush or Jake Locker? The reason I ask is because I didn't think there was anybody that you disliked more than Jake Locker, and that may still be the case, but you really don't have anything positive to say about Reggie Bush :lol:

Are you upset because every single move has its supporters and detractors? You demand full 100% support for every move (as long as it's one you also support)?

Reggie Bush's being a play maker is EXACTLY what is in question here. And again I ask, how many touchdowns did Reggie score last year?

I'm upset because 95% of the people are here are far too negative. I don't mind that people don't like the Bush move because it's risky, but generally every move is bashed. That's my point.

Prediction: Regina Bust, I mean Reggie Bush doesnt make it to week 7 without gettin hurt.

Because it wasn't ONLY them.

First off, we don't even know what that Draft pick was. So hold onto your britches a bit on that front.

Second, it's the $5 million that concerns me more. Put with the $3 million the Dolphins used to re-sign Tony McDaniel, another move I didn't agree with, there's Ahmad Bradshaw's first year salary cap number right there. Done.

Hell, $8 million is all you need for the first year of ANY premium free agent's contract. There are guys sitting out there that could improve this team a hell of a lot more than the most expensive 3rd down back in the NFL will.

Don't agree with this idea at all. 8 million for Bradshaw, who we don't know how would fit into our new system. Instead we get 2 players for 8 mill, both who can contribute immediately.

I'm upset because 95% of the people are here are far too negative. I don't mind that people don't like the Bush move because it's risky, but generally every move is bashed. That's my point.

I don't agree with that. In fact, the majority of posters here have always been far too positive. For example, I remember having to tell people what a joke and pansy Ginnger really was way back in '08 when clueless fanboys would swarm you like an angry mob of yellow jackets to defender her... and tell you how "uneducated" you were.

Same with John Beck, Culpepper, Patrick Turner, Gibril Wilson, Channing Crowder, Pat White, Jake Grove, Phillip Merling, Bill Parcells, Tony Sparano, etc., etc., etc...

What you need to pay attention to is WHO is pessimistic about WHAT... Every move, acquisition, trade, etc.. is going to be criticized by someone who doesn't like it... but it doesn't necessarily mean it's the same people over and over again.

If you're looking for a place where every move made will be met with 100% satisfaction and adoration by the fanbase... you might want to give up the internet all together... because this place is probably as close to that as you're going to get.

Anyone that opposes any signing, trade, acquisition, etc. that the Dolphins make, are only speaking what they truely feel.... that's their reality....

... as opposed to the people who support every single step this organization makes whether they REALLY believe it or not. There's nothing admirable about out-homering a homer. There's nothing admirable about blind faith for sake of attempting to "out-fan" the fanbase...

If you support a move and like it, then say so. If you don't... then say you don't. It's as simple as that.

It's almost as if no amount of grabbing some folks by the collar and shaking the sh*t out of 'em will ever jar them back to reality... but it sure is fun...

Back
Top Bottom