ESPN's Chris Mortensen said.............. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN's Chris Mortensen said..............

the only reason to make this move is salary cap savings. if having warner instead of fiedler saves us a bunch then maybe. but otherwize fiedler knows the playbook, the players and coaches and has proven as a starter that he would be an outstanding backup.

do you want his wife calling hank everyday complaining about how kurt isn't getting a fair shake and that god told her that her man would start down in miami

do you want his wife calling hank everyday complaining about how kurt isn't getting a fair shake and that god told her that her man would start down in miami

Who the heck cares? Cats out of the bag on her. We know not to listen to what she says.

I would honestly not mind giving Warner a one year contract for about a million to compete in training camp with both Jay Fiedler and AJ Feeley. What if an injury happens? If we step into the season with Jay Fiedler as our starter and Sage Rosenfels as our backup, you'd be wishing we had Warner just in case he still had some juice left. I wouldn't mind Sage as our direct backup behind Feeley if Jay were to take an injury, in fact I'd prefer it (no I'm not "wishing an injury" on a player so shut your traps before you even start, people)

Muck...I think you hit it right on the head...Warner WAS a great talent...He was also a system qb with many comparisons to Griese's ability...But the issue with Warner is the thumb and the concussions....the thumb, he says, is healed but he could not shake a reporters hand late in the season last year (I forget, but I think it was Jaworski that made the comment about the handshake) and concussions can start to occur at any time. Add these things to joining a new system (perhaps similar), but new terminology, etc and his lack of mobility with our newly assembled OL and it spells disaster. I have been completely turned off of JF as our starter, but think he gives us the best "off the bench" possiblity we could have. Even at the vet minimum, I think we are better off where we are right now....

Oh man...what a combo....Hank and Warner's wife together on the radio....whew..that would be some kind of show, especially after a loss.....I'd like to sign Warner just to hear that conversation.....LOL (just kidding) !

Warner will go to KC if his price drops. end of story.

I would be all for it if we had an o-line, but we don't. He had Pace and Turley on the edeges, and he couldn't get enough time. It would get ugly if he was behind our o-line. I think he deffinitly throws a lot better pass than anyone we have at QB. He might have something left in his tank, but I doubt anyone will find out if he ends up in Miami.

Our QB Squad has a total of 1 career playoff Win. Though AJ has been in the Playoffs, he's been in the reserve role. Warner would come in with a great runningback, great recievers, a great TE. The only thing is, how is he going to like Mr.St.Claire on his right side. Fond memories for Mr.Warner, fond memories.

I would be all for it if we had an o-line, but we don't. He had Pace and Turley on the edeges, and he couldn't get enough time

In his defense, what did he play...one game? It was against the Giants (and Michael Strahan) and he suffered a concussion in the 1st Quarter I believe it was...and Martz's response was to have him throw the ball 54 damn times while rushing Marshall like 9 times. When Martz himself says it was one of the biggest mistakes he's ever made, I think its ok to toss out the game as evidence. Even with a concussion and the one-sided play-calling he managed to toss for a QB rating higher than Jay Fiedler had in 8 of his 12 games.

ckparrothead said:
In his defense, what did he play...one game? It was against the Giants (and Michael Strahan) and he suffered a concussion in the 1st Quarter I believe it was...and Martz's response was to have him throw the ball 54 damn times while rushing Marshall like 9 times. When Martz himself says it was one of the biggest mistakes he's ever made, I think its ok to toss out the game as evidence. Even with a concussion and the one-sided play-calling he managed to toss for a QB rating higher than Jay Fiedler had in 8 of his 12 games.

Ok ... how about his last FIVE starts?

* 4 TDs and 10 interceptions;
* 11 fumbles lost;
* a QB rating in the 67-to 70 range.

I am on record as saying I would welcome Warner. Griese in his best year has never shown the ability that Warner has.

Everyone is down on Warner for his last couple of years but it really isn't fair. That team declined as a whole. Faulk has been injured, they lost WRs to trade and injury, and the guy was hurt. Throw on top of that that he was not right attitude wise because he was not wanted, it happens. Look at Ricky's last year before he became a Fin. He fumbled too much, couldn't break a run, and was a head case. A change of scenery does miracles.

I would give him a shot at the right price. I do know this. If he came in and tried out, I would trust Mark Trestman to make the evaluation. He is about as good a QB guru as there is in the league.

I would have Warner over Fiedler any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Back
Top Bottom