ESPN's Chris Mortensen said.............. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN's Chris Mortensen said..............

fin-atic said:
I am on record as saying I would welcome Warner. Griese in his best year has never shown the ability that Warner has.

Everyone is down on Warner for his last couple of years but it really isn't fair. That team declined as a whole. Faulk has been injured, they lost WRs to trade and injury, and the guy was hurt. Throw on top of that that he was not right attitude wise because he was not wanted, it happens. Look at Ricky's last year before he became a Fin. He fumbled too much, couldn't break a run, and was a head case. A change of scenery does miracles.

I would give him a shot at the right price. I do know this. If he came in and tried out, I would trust Mark Trestman to make the evaluation. He is about as good a QB guru as there is in the league.

I would have Warner over Fiedler any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

And I'm on record as saying your record is a broken record. :lol:

Seriously, if you look at the last three years, Fiedler and Warner measure up pretty well against each other statistically. Fiedler knows the offense backwards and forwards. Fiedler's your better backup, at this point.

If someone were silly enough to take Fiedler off our hands in a pre-draft trade, I may reconsider .... nah.

Back
Top Bottom