ESPN's fetish with Roger Clemens disgusts me.. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN's fetish with Roger Clemens disgusts me..

Roger MIGHT be the greatest right handed pitcher that ever lived in the history of the American sport with the longest tradtion and richest history (MLB). He is also a 1st ballot hall of fame player who at 45 is still playing at a high level.

If he was playing for KC, Pittsburgh, Seattle, or Tampa Bay it would be headline news!!!!! Let alone the NY YANKEES!!!!! What the Yanks record is or where they are in the standings isn't the story (which you all seem to miss). It's as if Magic Johnson came out of retierment tomorrow and started playing for the Cavs. The story is that an all-time great is taking the field!! THAT'S THE STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Highly doubtful. I dont seem to recall this rediculous coverage when he decided to come out of retirement last year, same time frame, just different team:wink:

Atleast we wont have to worry about coverage of him pitching in the playoffs. Money well spent lol.

Well considering its always either Basketball, Baseball, or Football season I'd say thats a safe bet.
No crap.I see your not getting the point,though.Give you an example.It's basketball season and I just watched 20 minutes of Kobe crap on espn about him not saying this or that" He's not playing now and we the people have to watch that stuff until the next basketball season.

Highly doubtful. I dont seem to recall this rediculous coverage when he decided to come out of retirement last year, same time frame, just different team:wink:

Every year he does this the story will grow. He's 45 years old for christ sakes!!!! THIS IS UNHEARD OF!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roger MIGHT be the greatest right handed pitcher that ever lived in the history of the American sport with the longest tradtion and richest history (MLB). He is also a 1st ballot hall of fame player who at 45 is still playing at a high level.

If he was playing for KC, Pittsburgh, Seattle, or Tampa Bay it would be headline news!!!!! Let alone the NY YANKEES!!!!! What the Yanks record is or where they are in the standings isn't the story (which you all seem to miss). It's as if Magic Johnson came out of retierment tomorrow and started playing for the Cavs. The story is that an all-time great is taking the field!! THAT'S THE STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe it's b/c you're a Yanks fan that you care about Clemens. I dunno but I can only speak for myself. I don't like the Yankees or Clemens, so our opinions will probably always differ

No crap.I see your not getting the point,though.Give you an example.It's basketball season and I just watched 20 minutes of Kobe crap on espn about him not saying this or that" He's not playing now and we the people have to watch that stuff until the next basketball season.

:rolleyes2 I get your point just fine and its weak IMO, its the same point that all the "ESPN is bias against the Dolphins" crowd try to make. ESPN covers sports news. If one of the highest profile players of any sport is voicing his opinion they are gonna cover it. Don't be so narrow minded. Clinton Portis got all kinds of attention from his comments about Vick too, I guess we should add him to the list cause he's not playing now. Vick's not playing now either. News is News.

:rolleyes2 I get your point just fine and its weak IMO, its the same point that all the "ESPN is bias against the Dolphins" crowd try to make. ESPN covers sports news. If one of the highest profile players of any sport is voicing his opinion they are gonna cover it. Don't be so narrow minded. Clinton Portis got all kinds of attention from his comments about Vick too, I guess we should add him to the list cause he's not playing now. Vick's not playing now either. News is News.
Again here we go.Read my 1st post.ALL YEAR LONG ,everytime I put on sportscenter there is either something about yanks-redsox.Kobe bryant,or the Patriots.ESPN DOES have a man crush on these teams/players.Mabey instead of taking people's posts and making you're OWN observations out of them(and calling those people narrow minded).Try to understand this is what I see,and it's my opinion.Don't augue w/me about it.

Again here we go.Read my 1st post.ALL YEAR LONG ,everytime I put on sportscenter there is either something about yanks-redsox.Kobe bryant,or the Patriots.ESPN DOES have a man crush on these teams/players.Mabey instead of taking people's posts and making you're OWN observations out of them(and calling those people narrow minded).Try to understand this is what I see,and it's my opinion.Don't augue w/me about it.

Calm down, I read your first post.

I'm entitled to my opinion just as much as you are.

I'm not arguing with anyone, just stating my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom