ESPN's Mort reports according to another forum.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN's Mort reports according to another forum..

ocdfinsfan said:
Since when did Wayne care? If he's trying to please the fans... He should have done this a while ago... and spend the money on free agent talent :Cough: Edgerrin :Cough:
The empty stadium hurts him in the pocket. If I know rich people (which I ain't at all), losing money is like losing a family member.

FinFan24 said:
I dont kno if Wanny should be fired durring the season. It wont really accomplish anything. Also, say the interm head coach does well(lets say its Trestmen) and win like 90% of his last games. Then HUigzenga and his limited knowledge could be inclined to make him our coach for next year...I dont kno bout u, but i want a relativley all new staff next year.

Exactly right.What will be accomplished by firing him in the middle of the year?

Can we clarify something? What did Chris Mortesen say exactly? The quote first says Wayne visited and WILL fire Dave to make the fans happy. Then someone said they saw it and Wayne was CONTEMPLATING making coaching change. So what is Chris saying and is it definite or just an idea?

i happened to be watching the same thing...it was a sunday morning pre game on espn...he was saying how he wayne had stopped by dolphins facility during the week and that dont be suprised if he fires dave during the season and also he mentioned that dave wouldnt have any objections to this because he understands wayne wants to appease the fan base and he would get an early jump on the college jobs that will be available shortly. they also speculated very briefly about the university of pittsburgh job that dave seems to be the front runner for.

ac_lanham said:
Exactly right.What will be accomplished by firing him in the middle of the year?
It'll make all the fans happy, we know he won't be back next year!

Trestman > Wannestadt at this point. How could it be any worse? How could this TEAM look any worse?

I think replacing Wanny now really might not matter a whole lot. This team has been damaged goods at least offensively. Although I think Wanny has severly handicapped this offense. because i see what old Norv is doing in Oakland. And granted they aren't spectacular but they have a few wins. And they throw the ball a hell of a lot more than we do. I think Wanny was holding Norv back with Fiedler. Because the guy is so limited. I'm sorry to say but my dislike for Wanny has grown too much over the years and it would not hurt me one bit to see him fired by Monday or even on Monday.

TigerJ said:
So, everyone wants to see Wanny fired, and many of you feel that if Miami loses to Buffalo that Wanny will be fired before the next game after that. Well, as a Buffalo fan, let me say we aim to please.

:roflmao:

there is no point in firing a coach mid-season... It doesn't do anything for the "team", they'll do just as bad with anybody else as they're doing with Dave. I think Dave get's till the end of the season, then they rebuild. Why is it that every Phin fan believes Edge will be here? How about this the Phins would be better not to bring him in!! They need to build around there WR. They have the 3 best WR in the AFC East, I know fans will say what about Moulds? But Moulds is washed up, he can't do anything without Peerless Price in the B-Lo. Tom Moore should be the next HC of the Miami Dolphins, his system will fit in perfectly with players the Phins have on offense if they draft a franchise QB....

I will be there watching the 2 worst teams in the NFL this weekend!

marinotoclayton said:
I think replacing Wanny now really might not matter a whole lot. This team has been damaged goods at least offensively. Although I think Wanny has severly handicapped this offense. because i see what old Norv is doing in Oakland. And granted they aren't spectacular but they have a few wins. And they throw the ball a hell of a lot more than we do. I think Wanny was holding Norv back with Fiedler. Because the guy is so limited. I'm sorry to say but my dislike for Wanny has grown too much over the years and it would not hurt me one bit to see him fired by Monday or even on Monday.
Yeah, I think so too, Wannsucka has worn out his welcome. It sux to be fired or laid off, but if your not pulling your weight, somethings gotta be done. Letting Wannstedt might not make any big difference "in the now" but in the long run, it will do wonders!!!

I just hope and pray we get a coach who actually knows what to do with our #1 overall pick!!

:billsbite

won't it just feel wierd not having wanny on the sidelines. He just feels like a sense of comfort in life. When things are down, wanny is always the coach of the dolphins, and that deer in the headlights look is still on his face.

FinFan24 said:
I dont kno if Wanny should be fired durring the season. It wont really accomplish anything. Also, say the interm head coach does well(lets say its Trestmen) and win like 90% of his last games. Then HUigzenga and his limited knowledge could be inclined to make him our coach for next year...I dont kno bout u, but i want a relativley all new staff next year.
At least maybe the new coach will pull Fiedler out and at least see what the crap Feeley can do and if he cant do any good by the end of the year, we go out and get another QB.
Thats my hopes anyway. :D

?WHY? Do everyone(well not every1 but most of the fire wanny poster) think, if Wanny was fire that trestman will take over as
the intern coach.

I bet it will be Jim Bates.imo

ahhhhh this news (hoping is true) is music to my ears...I hope you guys are right and maybe this monday is a WIN/WIN situation...Beat the Bills and its our first victory! lose to the Bills and Wanny is FIRED!!!!! Either way this could be the Sunday that brings us some kind of victory.

psirus716 said:
won't it just feel wierd not having wanny on the sidelines. He just feels like a sense of comfort in life. When things are down, wanny is always the coach of the dolphins, and that deer in the headlights look is still on his face.

That's really touching
:boohoo:

Oh, and this rumor was from before last week's game....This firing should have already taken place.

Back
Top Bottom