ESPN's Stewart Scott picks Miami to win it all! (merged) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN's Stewart Scott picks Miami to win it all! (merged)

unclemonty

Dolphins, Buckeyes, MMA, and hot chicks
Reaction score
STU SCOTT picks fins

Jaws, Irvin, and T Jackson all pick TAMPA over TENNESSEE
Mort said game in Houston, he picks TENNESSEE over ST. LOUIS
back in studio STU said he thought MORT was picking HOUSTON they all were laughing hysterically HOW rude

then finally STU SCOTT gave his prediction

DOLPHINS OVER PANTHERS

ESPN's Stewart Scott picks Miami to win it all!

Just got done watching Monday Night Countdown on ESPN and throughout the show all the guys were predicting who would win each division. Michael Irvin picked us to win the AFC East while Jaws and Tommy Jackson picked NE. All three of those guys picked Tampa Bay over Tennessee in the Super Bowl. While Stewart Scott didn't pick any division winners, he did pick us to win the SB over his hometown Carolina Panthers

Jaws picked Tampa to win it all...therefore all is right with the world...the laws of physics must be holding well.

jaws also said we have issues at the safety position. except for lack of speed with knight wtf is he talking about?

everyone seems to have a hardon for NE. Last I checked though they have NO FRIGGIN running game. ricky running exclusively backwards with his shoes tied together can do a better job that ain'twain $hit.

i give buffalo some props but does the loss of price hurt them? is their secondary better?

can we do ANYTHING in december?

I'm really going to try hard this year not to get to fired up at a fast start. it all comes down to december so know use getting happy when i get slapped in the face in the final weeks.

Originally posted by InMyChambers
jaws also said we have issues at the safety position. except for lack of speed with knight wtf is he talking about?

everyone seems to have a hardon for NE. Last I checked though they have NO FRIGGIN running game. ricky running exclusively backwards with his shoes tied together can do a better job that ain'twain $hit.

i give buffalo some props but does the loss of price hurt them? is their secondary better?

I'm really going to try hard this year not to get to fired up at a fast start. it all comes down to december so know use getting happy when i get slapped in the face in the final weeks.

what i am hoping is that we will be 12-0 come december. then december becomes a nonfactor.:lol:

Originally posted by InMyChambers

not to mention that seau is a loser now.

Re: ESPN's Stewart Scott picks Miami to win it all!

Originally posted by bdwgroove
Just got done watching Monday Night Countdown on ESPN and throughout the show all the guys were predicting who would win each division. Michael Irvin picked us to win the AFC East while Jaws and Tommy Jackson picked NE. All three of those guys picked Tampa Bay over Tennessee in the Super Bowl. While Stewart Scott didn't pick any division winners, he did pick us to win the SB over his hometown Carolina Panthers

Earlier in the day on ESPNews he was asked which team is the most over rated team in the NFL. Of course his answer was the Miami Dolphins. His reasoning was because of Fiedler's inability to hit big plays, combined with the fact that Griese is down for several weeks with injury and Sage has to be the #2 QB until Griese returns Dolphins would not be able to represent like most are predicting.

My take from what he said was that basically, he feels Fiedler cannot hit the deep ball, and he is fragile and the backup QB will have to see time, and he must feel Fiedler will go down early, because his implication was if Fiedler went down Sage wouldn't be able to make the plays either.

Just thought I'd pass that on to you guys in case you missed his lil segment on ESPNews.

Oliver...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, we must all listen and praise Jaws. For with all his Super Bowl trophies he knows all. You know, since Jay can't hit the big play and isn't the super QB to win the SB like Dilfer was, and Johnson was, and Brady was...you know, those really great gifted QB's that he's speaking of. No wait.....nah, he's half stupid. Nevermind.

Normally, I'd disregard such comments as simple homerism. But the Buccaneers are really good this year. Better than last year. Their OL has vastly improved. And when Jason Whittle heals up, it will get even better.

Why Jaws has a hard-on for the Phins, I don't know. Only thing I can figure is that he's become a true Tampa guy. And with that comes arrogance and blind hatred of the Miami Dolphins. Everything they do, they measure against the Dolphins.

He's right to pick the Bucs. But I also think he's got a little bit of that Tampa spirit in him.

I'm not picking the Bucs for the same reason I didn't pick the Ravens and the Patriots. Can't capture lightning in a bottle twice...not since free agency began. Denver was the last team that could do it and they did it on the coat tails of the last vestiges of a "dynasty" since the advent of free agency.

My best guess actually, could be Philadelphia. They have the leadership and talent to get deep in the playoffs and always be competitive, and I think of all the defenses in the league that could step up and be the next "great" defense...Philly might be the most likely.

I am pretty sure I remember Stuart Scott saying he was a Dolphins fan last year before the Chicago game...

Back
Top Bottom