ESPN's Stewart Scott picks Miami to win it all! (merged) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN's Stewart Scott picks Miami to win it all! (merged)

looks like Stu's smoking last years batch....Carolina?...come on, I've heard of homers, but thats being a dumbass

jaws is just mad because when he signed with us for that one season, he REALLY thought he would replace marino. heh....he just ended up carrying his jock strap. scared him for life...to realize his place in football....lol

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
looks like Stu's smoking last years batch....Carolina?...come on, I've heard of homers, but thats being a dumbass

Alot of people are still sold on what their defense did in the first couple of games.

It was a gimmick. The d-line had no responsibility whatsoever. It was open season on the QB, thus so many sacks. After it got on film enough it was game planned and they started their losing season.

They got talent on D, but as a unit it was vastly overated by the stats put up in the first couple of games.

One other thing.

Discipline. That's what Jaws' picks are based on. They look at the rosters and see a successful unit from last year. Neither team (Tampa or Tennessee) has went scorched earth on their personnel or schemes.

It's homerism to not acknowledge the "new" to our team and the risks involved. Think of all the upside we have cited in what's going to be different about this year.

Player formations, Norv "opening the playbook", Left tackle, Ricky catching passes, commitment to Jay and Chambers hooking up long, no 3rd down Oronde Gadsden....That's all different from what we did last year.

Defense-Seau, Knight, are new to the scheme and we have a new commitment to not look "vanilla".

While it all looks encouraging to us, each change represents risk.

While Tennessee and Tampa had little change and alot of success last year.

We are saying at that we have alot of change from last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by ZOD

Alot of people are still sold on what their defense did in the first couple of games.

It was a gimmick. The d-line had no responsibility whatsoever. It was open season on the QB, thus so many sacks. After it got on film enough it was game planned and they started their losing season.

They got talent on D, but as a unit it was vastly overated by the stats put up in the first couple of games.

Yeah but Peppers was suspended and is coming back. They have the foundation for a great defence.

So Stu is way off but Chris "big butt" Berman who picks the Jills evey year is ok....? Whatever, I think Carolina will have a better record then the Jills,better D......

Originally posted by rickykicks@$$

So Stu is way off but Chris "big butt" Berman who picks the Jills evey year is ok....? Whatever, I think Carolina will have a better record then the Jills,better D......
When did I say Berman was right?..Where did you read that?...here you go little Johnny, just call this number:

1-800-ABCDEFG....be an inspiration to fellow dolfans:lol:

I think Philly gets a wake up call this year they play the AFC east not the AFC south and the NFC east is starting to get better for a change. The Eagles will not have a cake walk this year like the last two years. I also think them not spending any money and giving up on their vets every year while giving them to their rivals will finally catch up to them. Andy Reid is too stubborn to see McNabb is a run and shoot QB, not a west coast QB.

When did I say Berman was right?..Where did you read that?...here you go little Johnny, just call this number:

1-800-ABCDEFG....be an inspiration to fellow dolfans:lol:

I never saw you busting on Berman for such a bias pick you must agree with his views. How can you say Carolina is a homer pick?
Your not paying attetion are you? :confused:

Originally posted by rickykicks@$$

I never saw you busting on Berman for such a bias pick you must agree with his views. How can you say Carolina is a homer pick?
Your not paying attetion are you? :confused:

You never see me bash berman?...well, start a thread about him then you cretin.....Berman just says Bills, cause it's his calling card...I don't particualry like him or hate him, and I certainly never put stock into anyone's picks at ESPN...so stu scott picked you...whoopty frickin doo, want a cookie?

Back
Top Bottom