Evaluating the value of the RB position | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Evaluating the value of the RB position

Any interest in Mark Ingram on a one year stop gap.

he’s getting released from tbe ravens if he hasn’t been already

be cheap too

I will not deny that Harris has defiinetly improved a lot in the pass game. He was a great all around back last year. I'm still not on board with picking him at 18 though.

But I won't criticize u because I don't believe you can handle it 🤐

I'm also questioning how applicable that 6 year study is today. Just doesn't seem like any RB's are playing at a top level for that long recently. Let's see if guys like McCaffrey, Dalvin, and Kamara can make it 2 more years. Henry and Zeke only need 1 more (not optimistic about Zeke right now)

mccaffrey is already showing signs of breaking down

Interesting that a lot of mocks have us picking a WR at 3....they have the same success/bust rates as a RB.

OL (83%) TE (67%) QB (63%) WR (58%) RB (58%)
Exactly correct. And look at what picks the top 10-15 current WRs were drafted at? I think only Amari Cooper was drafted earlier than #20. People lose all objectivity because they fall in love with a players college performance, ignore history, and say things like "if you think he's your guy, just take him regardless of where". That's another way of saying reach.

35 Chubb
45 Henry

That justifies 36.

36 or 50 for me or later and if we miss out for whatever reason then I go sign Mark Ingram who will likely still be on tbe street then on a one year

People keep saying it's a passing league but imagine Mayfield without Chubb, Tannehill without Henry, neither team makes the playoffs without their star RB. Besides that, Harris is freaking unreal!! But take Smith at #3.

My argument for taking Etienne at 18 is that he might not be there at 36.

He's not getting out if the 1st round. I see him on GB causing hell out of the backfield.

We get our impact player (Waddle-4.37) with our early pick and follow that up with Etienne (4.39) and we have a poor man's Chiefs offense.

Hopefully Flores sees it that way as well.

I agree with the people here saying 36 being the sweet spot for running back.

Give me LB or OL at 18 (assuming we take WR at 3) All about who is on the board

JK Dobbins went pick #55, Zach Moss went #85, and James Robinson went undrafted. You also can't judge by one draft class. But I have already admitted I am going to have to be more open to the idea of taking RB's earlier in the 2nd.

This was only meant to be an evaluation of whether RB's were worth it in the 1st (and their value overall). So I kind of regret adding "and I am honestly having trouble justifying taking one before the late 2nd" in the OP.

If we look at the teams that made the playoffs this year, I think you'll see that a RB drafted by the early/mid 2nd is not a necessity...

Packers: Aaron Jones (Round 5, #182)
Saints : Alvin Kamara (Round 3, #67)
Bears: David Montgomery (Round 3, #73)
Seahawks: Chris Carson (Round 7, #249)
Rams: Cam Akers (Round 2, #52)
Washington: Antonio Gibson (Round 3, #66)
Buccaneers: Ronald Jones (Round 2, #38)

Chiefs: Clyde Edwards-Helaire (Round 1, #32)
Colts: Jonathan Taylor (Round 2, #41)
Bills: David Montgomery (Round 3, #73)
Steelers: James Conner (Round 3, #105)
Browns: Nick Chubb (Round 2, #35)
Titans: Derrick Henry (Round 2, #45)
Ravens: JK Dobbins (Round 2, #55)

(And the Dolphins should have substituted a 7th rounder for a 2nd if we didn't have 4 different damn games go against us in the final week. Not trying to manipulate the numbers. That's just me being bitter)

Only one player on that list was a 1st rounder, and it was only by one pick. And it's funny that they are the team that needed the least help on offense. They won the SB with goddam Damien Williams.

But overall, half the players on the list were picked after the 2nd round.
I touched on zach moss when i mentioned the bills. I dont think hes a star rb.

as for akers, i wanted him badly on the fins but he went before we could pick.

and thats the point here. The fins keep just missing on star offensive players in recent drafts. If rectifying that means picking who I believe to be an elite rb in Harris early, thats fine with me.

People keep saying it's a passing league but imagine Mayfield without Chubb, Tannehill without Henry, neither team makes the playoffs without their star RB. Besides that, Harris is freaking unreal!! But take Smith at #3.
Imagine Mahomes without Damien Williams(or Helaire for that matter... same result), Imagine Brady without Ronald Jones, imagine Rodgers without Chris Carson, imagine Allen without Singletary....The list goes on.

Imagine Mahomes without Damien Williams(or Helaire for that matter... same result), Imagine Brady without Ronald Jones, imagine Rodgers without Chris Carson, imagine Allen without Singletary....The list goes on.

those guys aren’t elite though they are just along for the ride

edwards helaire Id say jury still out on rest of em very interchangeable

those guys aren’t elite though they are just along for the ride

edwards helaire Id say jury still out on rest of em very interchangeable
That was my point hoops....

That was my point hoops....

I get your point but elite is elite and you would pay $8 mil for it gladly on a rookie contract if that’s what it cost on a rookie deal regardless of position.

shelf life is a different thing. The rb shelf life thing is legit but most of that kicks in after your rookie deal expires in terms of the downward spiral

I just don't agree with the school of thought that you can plug any RB in there and it makes no difference. Maybe there's something to it but I want an elite RB on this team. Not a couple of JAGS, but a freaking star and a guy who the defense has to worry about on every play. I want Najee Harris.

I just don't agree with the school of thought that you can plug any RB in there and it makes no difference. Maybe there's something to it but I want an elite RB on this team. Not a couple of JAGS, but a freaking star and a guy who the defense has to worry about on every play. I want Najee Harris.
How many NFL snaps has he played in order to be labeled a star/elite RB?

How many NFL DCs stay up ar night to come up with a plan to stop Najee Harris?

Back
Top Bottom