Every Tannehill Dropback Vs Bucs

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Classic, Aug 10, 2018 at 12:25 PM.

1. Classic

Classic Well-Known Member

2. NYC#1finsfan

NYC#1finsfan #1DandyDanFan Finheaven VIP

The fact that Tanny is healthy again is cause for rejoice!!!!

ANUFan, Vaark and Classic like this.
  3. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer Tape Guys vs Analytics Guys Finheaven VIP Donator

Movement and footwork was good. And that's what I was most concerned about. He also looked extremely comfortable running the offense. Pretty sure the draw play that picked up 10 and a half yards on 3rd and 11 was something he checked into when he saw the defense.

However, he was off-target on those last two throws and that is where we need to see him get more reps and get back in the groove. I honestly disagree with the decision to have him out last night for only one drive. Andrew Luck got two drives and took some hits, and his rehab is honestly more of a concern than Ryan Tannehill's right now.

ANUFan, El Calebra, Travis34 and 3 others like this.
  4. HopaLong

HopaLong Rookie

Good stuff. I heard a bunch of criticism because some(Big fat O) claim he had a terrible throw on 3rd down to Ballage. Two things.
    1. He did hurry the throw a bit, but that is because Tunsil let a rusher get behind him. Tunsil did end up keeping him away from Tannehill, but I don't blame Ryan for getting antsy after all the camp reports of would be sacks.
    2. He threw away from a defender. Ryan knew the play wasn't going to be a first down and saw a defender streaking in. He threw the ball behind Ballage to keep him from getting concussed or Dustin Keller'd in a meaningless game.

It was a small sample size, but overall a great debut back for OUR QB!

Vaark, tay0365, fishfanmiami and 2 others like this.
  5. Danny

Danny Finheaven VIP Finheaven VIP

the one to Amendola wasn't that far off. He just missed him. The one to Ballage was behind him but I think he did very good for his first game back in 2 years

PBay Fin Fan and Classic like this.
  6. finomenal

finomenal FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Orlando has good info sometimes, but he's such an angry, dark cloud. His exact words were, "Tannehill sucked." Yeah, sure buddy.

Vaark and HopaLong like this.
  7. cafinfan408

cafinfan408 Punching Bag

He was 58 coming for the rookie rb late and laid it away.. def tried to save him.

8. djphinfan

djphinfan Perennial All-Pro

I think what you, me and his coaches want him to do in that Dept is critical for the success of our team and critical for him in becoming the best qb he can become, however after 6 years in game situations I have not seen the instinct and conscientious approach to it... which disappoints me.

Classic likes this.
  9. Classic

Classic Well-Known Member

That's the part of his game that disappoints me. Very little improvising, robotic even. Something that can make him so much more dangerous. For someone so athletic, he doesn't use it nearly enough. Scramble more, make the defense pay with your legs

djphinfan likes this.
  10. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer Tape Guys vs Analytics Guys Finheaven VIP Donator

There was no chance he was going to take off with the ball last night. They haven't even figured out how they want him to slide yet.

(And incidentally, why the hell haven't they? That's kind of important.)

Classic likes this.
  11. Coolguy3

Coolguy3 Starter Finheaven VIP

I'm encouraged but the pass protection and the read progressions and footwork of Tannehill. I'm not worried about a couple off throws.

12. Agua

Agua Fighting the media, one lie at a time

"Big O" has always been a loud-mouthed, band wagon jumping guy with a very superficial understanding of football who thinks big names are the answer.

damaster21 and HopaLong like this.
  13. LoneStarPhin

LoneStarPhin FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Im surprised he looked so good. anyone fretting about him missing last 2 passes- get real.

It will likely be 3-5 games in reg season before Tannehill is back to prime- and even then good QBs miss their mark all the time.

GUH-sick-EE likes this.
  14. o0mofo0o

o0mofo0o Member

It didn’t even look like he missed him. It looked more like Tannehill expected Amendola to be there on the replay angle. That’s a chemistry issue moreso than an Amendola or Tannehill issue.

Danny likes this.
  15. Aqua ‘N Orange

Aqua ‘N Orange Well-Known Member

The last throw he’s throwing away from the lb leverage in zone. Doesn’t want to lead ballage into a kill shot. Thus he’s throwing backside.

The throw before the shuffle forward is nice the throw he wants back. It has to be a bullet though cause of the depth defender coming forward.

The timing looks good. In sync with the route combos. Albeit on 6 plays.

fishfanmiami and HopaLong like this.
  16. Bruh Man

Bruh Man Member

Tannehill played a perfect game last night. Any mistakes by the offense were not on him.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018 at 6:58 PM
  17. nick1

nick1 I am Groot Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

Just a little rusty i think. The dump off to Ballage was doomed, defender had him in his sights. Tannehill tried to throw to the side the defender wasn't on but still bad pass

fishfanmiami likes this.
  18. Aqua ‘N Orange

Aqua ‘N Orange Well-Known Member

The ballage ball catchable or not is going nowhere. The defense is giving you that with the coverage call. It’s the dump.

I don’t know what the sticks were but I’d guess it a long down and distance based on the coverage call.

Or it’s just your typical preseason drop out and see how your lbs especially look put it on tape call. How do they look getting depth what’s the awareness etc. preseason par for the course

19. BigNastyFish

BigNastyFish A True Fan

Yea. Reminded me of Marino.

JK.

Actually Joe Montana.

No!

Maybe

Steve Grogan.

Post rehab.

20. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 My f*ck ups be the perfect mistakes Finheaven VIP Donator

I mean he is set to start preseason game 2.

That’s a win in my book.

There was some rust on those last two throws but that is to be expected.

The check in to the draw play was refreshing and a good read by Ryan.

Most importantly the movement was good. Obviously one game doesn’t make it a definitive but from the small sample size I was encouraged.

rent this space and fishfanmiami like this.
  21. Danny

Danny Finheaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I'm just glad that Tannehill is back healthy. Look at the skins

Update: Derrius Guice diagnosed with torn ACL
    [​IMG]
    NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Redskins second-round RB Derrius Guice suffered a torn ACL in Thursday's preseason game against the Patriots.

Just brutal. It was reported earlier that Guice had escaped with just a sprained MCL but an MRI revealed the bad news on Friday. Assuming the usual recovery time, the 21-year-old will miss all of 2018. It's a huge blow to a Redskins running game that was hoping for a lift this year. In his absence, Samaje Perine should be the favorite for early-down carries with Chris Thompson occupying his usual role on passing downs. Rob

22. AdamC13

AdamC13 Awe "Tight End" my favorite position!

Five easy throws, 4 accurate and 1 off target. One throw facing minimal pressure, he did a nice job of stepping up and made a poor throw.

Sometimes the denial of Tannehill’s play is ridiculous. Two poor throws out of six attempts, first live action since 2016 in meaningless game. He’s not going to lose his starting spot because of it. Arguing those weren’t poor throws on his part is analogous to saying it’s not the fault of a Tackle, who’s your favorite player, for getting beat by a DE on his way to the QB because the plan was to let him go by and have a RB block him so it’s the RBs fault despite the RB lined up to help protect the opposite side. In other words, “Don’t believe what you clearly see” and always operate under the premise “It’s not his fault.”

dolphintodd and PBay Fin Fan like this.
  23. TeeMoney

TeeMoney Penny Wise and Dollar Dumb Finheaven VIP

Tannehill regularly misses throws in practice, and that has extended to a live game situation. His problem has forever been consistency regardless of the WR's or Offensive Line players.

24. Geordie

Geordie A True Fan

The main positive is he looked fully recovered and will surely get the chance to prove he is or he's not the answer this year once and for all.

25. RobertHorry

RobertHorry Scout Team

Good notes but he wasn't off target on the last throw. I think he was expecting Ballage to sit since it was zone and Ballage kept running, so he threw it to his back shoulder instead of in front of him and getting him killed.

26. SCLSU Mud Dogs

SCLSU Mud Dogs (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Finheaven VIP Donator

Pretty sure people who listen to him religiously are also prone to give money to Nigerian princes via email

fishfanmiami and finomenal like this.
  27. dolphintodd

dolphintodd FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

total agree, and then Fitzpatrick shreds us with his legs everytime

28. miami365

miami365 Rookie

Tannehill under Gase is a much more dangerous and complete QB than Tannehill under Philbin.

29. Sirspud

Sirspud Pro Bowler

If the worst we are doing is over analyzing two throws that's pretty darn good. He looked to have command of the game and overall his throws looked pretty on point. He didn't look like a guy pressing because it was his first game action in a year and a half.

30. djphinfan

djphinfan Perennial All-Pro

Qbs all over the league are doing it, ryan should not be the exception..Steve young used to say right from the start of the game, if they turned their backs to him in coverage he would tuck and run just to make sure he was in their heads, and if they were gonna play they were gonna have to account for everything while they were in coverage.

Jmo, but no more babysitting this part of the game, a player like tannehill should be averaging at least twice as many carries as he does, a couple of those carries should happen on his own accord to threaten the defense..

Really this seems like a small part to be worried about, however, with our third down conversion rate being so bad the last few years it would really help if we could convert a couple of those in easy fashion, I think they go along way in the outcome of the game because I believe it plants seeds in defenders heads and opens up real estate for others.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018 at 5:53 PM
  31. Eesti

Eesti Rookie Finheaven VIP

someone said it was 606 days since his last live action.....a couple miscues are expected. 606 days! Yikes.

32. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

Is it just me who believes there are so-called "fans" who when it comes to Tannehill automatically sees a more than half-full glass as being 3/4 empty.

.. and are actually rooting for Ryan's failure to bolster up shaky egos by validating the positional hole they've dug themselves into?

Spiff likes this.
  33. jtsacksyou

jtsacksyou FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

For me the questions with tannehill have always been deep ball accuracy and pocket awareness. He addressed the first concern in 2016 by being one of the most accurate deep passers in the league. And his step up in the pocket on his first incompletion was pretty nice. Hopefully that's an area he's been working with Dan on. Hopefully he can show some more progress in that area his year.

Classic likes this.