Every Tannehill Dropback Vs Bucs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Every Tannehill Dropback Vs Bucs

Classic

Active Roster
Reaction score
Movement and footwork was good. And that's what I was most concerned about. He also looked extremely comfortable running the offense. Pretty sure the draw play that picked up 10 and a half yards on 3rd and 11 was something he checked into when he saw the defense.

However, he was off-target on those last two throws and that is where we need to see him get more reps and get back in the groove. I honestly disagree with the decision to have him out last night for only one drive. Andrew Luck got two drives and took some hits, and his rehab is honestly more of a concern than Ryan Tannehill's right now.

Good stuff. I heard a bunch of criticism because some(Big fat O) claim he had a terrible throw on 3rd down to Ballage. Two things.
1. He did hurry the throw a bit, but that is because Tunsil let a rusher get behind him. Tunsil did end up keeping him away from Tannehill, but I don't blame Ryan for getting antsy after all the camp reports of would be sacks.
2. He threw away from a defender. Ryan knew the play wasn't going to be a first down and saw a defender streaking in. He threw the ball behind Ballage to keep him from getting concussed or Dustin Keller'd in a meaningless game.

It was a small sample size, but overall a great debut back for OUR QB!

the one to Amendola wasn't that far off. He just missed him. The one to Ballage was behind him but I think he did very good for his first game back in 2 years

Good stuff. I heard a bunch of criticism because some(Big fat O) claim he had a terrible throw on 3rd down to Ballage. Two things.
1. He did hurry the throw a bit, but that is because Tunsil let a rusher get behind him. Tunsil did end up keeping him away from Tannehill, but I don't blame Ryan for getting antsy after all the camp reports of would be sacks.
2. He threw away from a defender. Ryan knew the play wasn't going to be a first down and saw a defender streaking in. He threw the ball behind Ballage to keep him from getting concussed or Dustin Keller'd in a meaningless game.

It was a small sample size, but overall a great debut back for OUR QB!

Orlando has good info sometimes, but he's such an angry, dark cloud. His exact words were, "Tannehill sucked." Yeah, sure buddy.

He was 58 coming for the rookie rb late and laid it away.. def tried to save him.

https://www.miamidolphins.com/video/every-ryan-tannehill-throw-preseason-week-1

Albeit only 6 passes, still awesome to see him out there. Look at that OL! Beautiful pass protection against a talented Bucs front.

Only preseason but I wanna see Tannehill take off more when he notices a lane. That will make him so much more dangerous.
I think what you, me and his coaches want him to do in that Dept is critical for the success of our team and critical for him in becoming the best qb he can become, however after 6 years in game situations I have not seen the instinct and conscientious approach to it... which disappoints me.

I think what you, me and his coaches want him to do in that Dept is critical for the success of our team and critical for him in becoming the best qb he can become, however after 6 years in game situations I have not seen the instinct and conscientious approach to it... which disappoints me.
That's the part of his game that disappoints me. Very little improvising, robotic even. Something that can make him so much more dangerous. For someone so athletic, he doesn't use it nearly enough. Scramble more, make the defense pay with your legs

There was no chance he was going to take off with the ball last night. They haven't even figured out how they want him to slide yet.

(And incidentally, why the hell haven't they? That's kind of important.)

I'm encouraged but the pass protection and the read progressions and footwork of Tannehill. I'm not worried about a couple off throws.

Im surprised he looked so good. anyone fretting about him missing last 2 passes- get real.

It will likely be 3-5 games in reg season before Tannehill is back to prime- and even then good QBs miss their mark all the time.

the one to Amendola wasn't that far off. He just missed him. The one to Ballage was behind him but I think he did very good for his first game back in 2 years

It didn’t even look like he missed him. It looked more like Tannehill expected Amendola to be there on the replay angle. That’s a chemistry issue moreso than an Amendola or Tannehill issue.

The last throw he’s throwing away from the lb leverage in zone. Doesn’t want to lead ballage into a kill shot. Thus he’s throwing backside.

The throw before the shuffle forward is nice the throw he wants back. It has to be a bullet though cause of the depth defender coming forward.

The timing looks good. In sync with the route combos. Albeit on 6 plays.

Back
Top Bottom