Every time a QB is mentioned | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Every time a QB is mentioned

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
There are the same people knocking him down any chance they get. Always bringing up the same points. "He hasn't played enough. Then why isn't his current coach starting him. He is a college QB so he couldn't lead our team." With that mantality Tom Brady would never be a 2 time superbowl MVP, Trent Green or Matt Hasslebach wouldn't have made the probowl this year, and hell we wouldn't have ever drafted Dan Marino. The fact is we currently have a QB that has been given more than enough chances to stay healthy and take preasure off our running game, and he hasn't done either. We can't get better if we don't take a chance on someone. It would be hard to get any less production from the QB postion, but even if we take the chance and get less I wouldn't care, at least we took a chance.

well said, bottom line is Jay's not the answer.

Actually every time a new quarterback is mentioned the following happens.

No less than 3 people proclaim him our starter of the present and future and express excitement about the prospects of getting him.

No less than 3 people label him a bum for the reasons you specify.

At least 1 person claims he's seen every game the guy has ever played and therefore his opinion on the guy should count more heavily.

2 or 3 people approach it somewhat rationally and mull over some of the finer points of the acquisition.

Another 1 or 2 people begin arguing semantics with the rational people...

...while 2 of the original "All For" and "All Against" guys begin trading barbs in what they think is a round of witty jabs but really ends up being a bunch of blatant personal insults.

What about the one or two clueless people who chip in with

"Nothing wrong with Jay, he has not been treated fair?"

Yeah but those are usually 2 of the guys who initially blast the suggestion for the reasons Dajesus outlined.

Here is my take:

I don't care who we draft!

I don't care who we sign in FA!

I don't care who is released!

I don't care about the QB!

Jus provide all Fin Fans with a quality team!!

JUST WIN!!!!!

I admire your sentiments BigFinFan...but I think in general people come to the boards cuz they're more picky than you are hehe!

Armchair GMs baby.

Originally posted by fin-atic
What about the one or two clueless people who chip in with

"Nothing wrong with Jay, he has not been treated fair?"
Ahh you beat me to it. :lol: I should've known you would chime in with that too. The Jay support is so ridiculous at this point. Let it go people. The Jay experiment is over.

I think most of us Fin fans are so intent on upgrading the QB position on this team, that almost any name that comes up as a possible replacement is intriguing. It's time for a change, 4 years of Fielder is enough, (he's an average Joe), not going to take us where we want to go. There's got to be a QB out there, that can take this team to the next level.

Originally posted by ajdoggie
I think most of us Fin fans are so intent on upgrading the QB position on this team, that almost any name that comes up as a possible replacement is intriguing. It's time for a change, 4 years of Fielder is enough, (he's an average Joe), not going to take us where we want to go. There's got to be a QB out there, that can take this team to the next level.

I agree. I like many of the possibilities that have surfaced. About the only major idea that has been discussed both on the boards and in published articles that I DON'T like is giving up a first-day draft pick for Brunell.

Ok Fin atic How about Jay bashers that will do anything to put sole blame on Jay, including when defense cannot get of fthe field? You know what everyone agrees we need another direction. Why your a hypocrite, because you blast anybody who has any defense for Jay whatsover, yet you do teh exact opposite like that is ok.

Jay is flawed, we have seen that, but he is not soley or majorily teh reason why we have not made the super bowl in his tenure. The big thing is he cannot carry teh offense consistently when forced. Everyone says the ints, well evry qb throws them. Favre throws them, in critical times and has cost the packers games. But instead of addressing that you say you cannot compare Jay to Favre. Not saying Jay is as good as farve, to the contrary, I am saying Favre is head and shoulders above Jay and he still throws crucial ints at crucial times. Yet it is you that thinks Jay is better, why? cause you expect Jay to not to throw crucial ints ever. You accept that Favre is great knowing he throws Ints yet someone you say suks you expect none. What is the diff? Favre has teh skills physically that he will throw as many critical TD s as Ints and that is where Jay lacks, physically he cannot make all the throws and thus limits what he can do when the other facets are stripped as an option.

My point is you want to bash anybody who didnt place 100% blame for our failue on Jay yet dont see your own hypocrisy. I admit that I thought Jay was better than he is, I was wrong. He still is smart and tough, but he is not going to be able to make the throws necessary to succeed consistently. Defense giving consecutive 3rd and 16s is not Jays fault, defenses that are good in teh red zone but allow the opposing offenses to control teh ball and chew up yardage and time limiting the number of opportunties our offense has teh ball is also not Jays fault. Not upgrading an injured o-line is not Jays fault, not getting a solid wr corps is not either. Those are all factors in our failure as well as Jay not getting it done. It aint all Jay, it is partly Jay and other factors.

Last thing to sum up the whole other post. If anyone thinks that simply replacing Jay will get us to teh super bowl, they are kidding themselves. If teh 0line and receivers dont improve, we will not make the playoffs next year regardless of who is qb.

NE aint going anywhere, they will be as tough next year, the jets may be back as well. Who knows with Buffalo. Our schedule will also not be easy so we had better improve all weaknesses or more of teh same, not just qb.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Actually every time a new quarterback is mentioned the following happens.

No less than 3 people proclaim him our starter of the present and future and express excitement about the prospects of getting him.

No less than 3 people label him a bum for the reasons you specify.

At least 1 person claims he's seen every game the guy has ever played and therefore his opinion on the guy should count more heavily.

2 or 3 people approach it somewhat rationally and mull over some of the finer points of the acquisition.

Another 1 or 2 people begin arguing semantics with the rational people...

...while 2 of the original "All For" and "All Against" guys begin trading barbs in what they think is a round of witty jabs but really ends up being a bunch of blatant personal insults.

:lolcry: :couch: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

That it this board to a tee....

Back
Top Bottom