Every time a QB is mentioned | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Every time a QB is mentioned

The fact is that people willing to give just about anyone a chance in order to see Jay Fiedler gone who they despise.There were alot rumors going around about a number of QB who are upgrade over Fiedler would have been available but now it seem like that likely won't happen.Now people just throwing out names left and right who hav no experience like the team is on rebuilding mode and some who think a rookie QB could take this team to the playoffs.As much as I think highly of Rivers,there just no way any rookie QB will make immediate impact of that kind.

Originally posted by rickeyrunsover
Last thing to sum up the whole other post. If anyone thinks that simply replacing Jay will get us to teh super bowl, they are kidding themselves. If teh 0line and receivers dont improve, we will not make the playoffs next year regardless of who is qb.

NE aint going anywhere, they will be as tough next year, the jets may be back as well. Who knows with Buffalo. Our schedule will also not be easy so we had better improve all weaknesses or more of teh same, not just qb.

Well said....

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Actually every time a new quarterback is mentioned the following happens.

No less than 3 people proclaim him our starter of the present and future and express excitement about the prospects of getting him.

No less than 3 people label him a bum for the reasons you specify.

At least 1 person claims he's seen every game the guy has ever played and therefore his opinion on the guy should count more heavily.

2 or 3 people approach it somewhat rationally and mull over some of the finer points of the acquisition.

Another 1 or 2 people begin arguing semantics with the rational people...

...while 2 of the original "All For" and "All Against" guys begin trading barbs in what they think is a round of witty jabs but really ends up being a bunch of blatant personal insults.

How about this for an opinion:
if we replace Jay at QB with another vet I want a sure fire upgrade. Not a "maybe he could be better". We go with the same team into next season - no upgrade at OL or WR.

Deal?....so...now give me the sure upgrade considering all other parts of the team equal.

Let me add to that: I saw Jay behind a good OL. First 6 games in 2002. Healthy OL, good OL play....

But I can't envision any QB playing well at all behind our OL from last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
This discussion needs perspective. Those that say that replacing the QB won't get us to the superbowl are correct. However, I feel that those that are for starting a rookie are also correct. Think of it this way: We have admitted that our offense sucks. The FO hasn't come out and said it... but then again they can't. I would much rather start a rookie than Fiedler. Why? Because I only mildly agree with the Win Now attitude. I believe whole-heartedly that we will not go deep into the playoffs this year. The offense just has too many holes. We need to do some MAJOR upgrading at OL, WR, QB. To me, that is just too much to accomplish in FA given our current cap situation. To me, you have to have AT LEAST 1 of those positions filled in with a rookie. Looking from the standpoint that you will win the superbowl this year, maybe you fill the WR or OL with a rookie. I firmly believe that THE skill position on a football team is the QB. If you are aiming for the superbowl next year, IMO you get yourself a leader for your team THIS year. Surround him with good FA talent on the offense in the other positions of need, and you have a good formula for success this year with a formula to have a scarey good offense the next. There IS precedence for inexperienced QB's to go to the superbowl... Heck, look at this year's superbowl: You have Brady (who isn't inexperienced now, but who went to and won the superbowl his first year of starting) and Delhomme who also was in his first year of starting. As for fiedler... I just don't think you can waste another year on a QB who you have decided isn't your QB of the future. If the FO decides that they MUST win this year at the expense of the next... we may well find ourselves in the same boat again.

I agree FFiB......we have got to have an O-line....we have got to get some nasty guys up front to open the holes for ricky to keep the defense honest.......and then with a "decent" quarterback we have a fighting chance..............even with all the damn blunders outside of not showing up against Tenn.............we could have been in the play offs!..............were close.....but we got to make some smart moves and get over this hump!!!!

I think it's a given that every Fin fan knows there are other problems on this team. O-Line, WR's, and yes the D. Right now the topic is the QB.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Actually every time a new quarterback is mentioned the following happens.

No less than 3 people proclaim him our starter of the present and future and express excitement about the prospects of getting him.

No less than 3 people label him a bum for the reasons you specify.

At least 1 person claims he's seen every game the guy has ever played and therefore his opinion on the guy should count more heavily.

2 or 3 people approach it somewhat rationally and mull over some of the finer points of the acquisition.

Another 1 or 2 people begin arguing semantics with the rational people...

...while 2 of the original "All For" and "All Against" guys begin trading barbs in what they think is a round of witty jabs but really ends up being a bunch of blatant personal insults.

OMFG This is so sadly true...

:roflmao:

Originally posted by rickeyrunsover
Last thing to sum up the whole other post. If anyone thinks that simply replacing Jay will get us to teh super bowl, they are kidding themselves. If teh 0line and receivers dont improve, we will not make the playoffs next year regardless of who is qb.

NE aint going anywhere, they will be as tough next year, the jets may be back as well. Who knows with Buffalo. Our schedule will also not be easy so we had better improve all weaknesses or more of teh same, not just qb.

Maybe simply replacing Jay won't get us to the superbowl, but neither will keeping him. They way I look at it is we need guys who don't need justifications or excuses from their fans. We need results. The guy has had four years. FOUR YEARS!!! FOUR! That is long enough for all of this nonsense (Well if he had TO and Randy Moss the guy wouldn't suck...) crap anymore. The guy had his chance and it is over.

I have started pushing my 7 year old son to pick up the old Pigskin a little more.

I have installed several old tires in different locations in my backyard so that he can work on his accuracy.

I have strapped a T-Bone to his back and thrown him over the fence so that he can be chased by the neighbors German Sheppard to improve his foot speed.

I have scolded him numerous times to put down the skateboard and to pick up the Dolphin's Playbook.

He was the Pop Warner MVP this season and he has been touted as the “Most Prolific Passer†in the history of Pop Warner Football.

I ensure that any free time he has, he is watching film of the other 31 NFL teams.

He is the Future QB of the Miami Dolphins!

with the new eligibility rules he should be just about ready to play....

With the 2oth pick, the Miami Dolphins select, form Sunnyville Elementary....QB....LittleBigFinFan......*rousing applause......Kiper faints*.....

LittleBigFinFan, how do you feel about being chosen by the Miami Dolphins?......."I'm 7 years old."

And there you have it Ladies and gentlemen, LittleBigFinFan, is indeed 7 years old.....and the heir to Dan Marino's legacy.

LittleFinFan is excited that the Dolphins have shown so much interest. He has expressed interest in wearing Number 8 (he will turn 8 prior to training camp).

Privately, he has told me that if the 'Phins pick up Mark Brunell; he will not play this year, but instead ride his skateboard hard and continue to throw the Pigskin around. He feels as though it would be an embarrassment to be drafted so highly and then have to ride the pine behind a 33 year old QB.

Back
Top Bottom