Every time a QB is mentioned | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Every time a QB is mentioned

Since the information is confidential and personal, there is no link.

You will have to take my word for it - I am his father!

Originally posted by Dajesus
There are the same people knocking him down any chance they get. Always bringing up the same points. "He hasn't played enough. Then why isn't his current coach starting him. He is a college QB so he couldn't lead our team." With that mantality Tom Brady would never be a 2 time superbowl MVP, Trent Green or Matt Hasslebach wouldn't have made the probowl this year, and hell we wouldn't have ever drafted Dan Marino. The fact is we currently have a QB that has been given more than enough chances to stay healthy and take preasure off our running game, and he hasn't done either. We can't get better if we don't take a chance on someone. It would be hard to get any less production from the QB postion, but even if we take the chance and get less I wouldn't care, at least we took a chance.

I am neither a Jay Supporter nor a Jay Basher.

Quite simply, I am of those who doesn't give a rats' *** if Charlie Tuna is QB, as long as he wins games and leads us to the next level.

What I will say is this. If Miami has an opportunity to get a QB who can be groomed for the future, great.

If they can get a QB that has an upside, is a proven starter and can start immediately (Ramsey?), even better yet.

If they stick with Fiedler, and elect to upgrade the OL, while adding another WR to compliment Chambers (Woods?), grand..

I fully comprehend that Fiedler is NOT the long term answer.. Hell, anyone with a comprehensible brain stem could tell you that.. However, what I will say is that regardless of his less than impressive numbers, at least he is functionable, and when it comes to the QBs available, we could do worse.. FAR worse.

As for the QBs in the draft or the hot shot backup QBs (Feeley, Volek) every single time a team takes a gamble like this, there's a 50-50 shot the guy develops in to a star. Whos to say Volek couldn't be the next Matt Hasselbeck and Phillip Rivers the next Tom Brady? Then again, whos to say Volek isn't the next Ray Lucas and Rivers the next Ryan Leaf?

Again, unless the team goes out and gets a Peyton Manning, a Michael Vick, a Tom Brady or a Donovan McNabb, no matter what the team does, its a calculated risk that could either pay off or blow up on them.

Just enjoy the ride.. That's all I can say about it.

We can't upgrade the o-line if we keep Jay. He will count for about 6 mill against the cap this season after his huge roster bonus March 1st. I would rather bring in a big LT, and sign a guy like Volek or a rookie or even let Sage take the helm for 5 times less than Jay will make to throw more ints than TDs, and miss at least 6 games. If were going to have mediocre play at the postion than I would rather have it cost us alot less against the cap, so we can upgrade other needs. Then you also have the hope of not knowing what might happen at the QB postion with a new guy, we know what we will get with Jay...Disapointment and a huge cap #.

Originally posted by Dajesus
We can't upgrade the o-line if we keep Jay. He will count for about 6 mill against the cap this season after his huge roster bonus March 1st. I would rather bring in a big LT, and sign a guy like Volek or a rookie or even let Sage take the helm for 5 times less than Jay will make to throw more ints than TDs, and miss at least 6 games. If were going to have mediocre play at the postion than I would rather have it cost us alot less against the cap, so we can upgrade other needs. Then you also have the hope of not knowing what might happen at the QB postion with a new guy, we know what we will get with Jay...Disapointment and a huge cap #.

He will need ot restructure his contract in order to stay obviusly.

Originally posted by minus

He will need ot restructure his contract in order to stay obviusly.

Either way he will cost atleast 3mill. I would rather see Sage start for 1mill, and use the 2mill to help out oline.

Me too Dajesus just as long as it aint Fiedler. I think I would give Sage a chance now than to have Fiedler back for another year.

Nobody blames Jay soley for our troubles. We just blame him for his part which is plenty.

We blame the coaching and the offensive line and the defense for their parts. But everyone agrees with that. For some reason everyone is willing to give Jay a free pass, but blame everyone else.

But removing Jay and solving our bottom of the league pass offense is priority. I also think everyone is frustrated watching him struggle for four years.

Back
Top Bottom