Every year it is the same... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Every year it is the same...

How many of the people complaining on this board and others have actually studied these draft picks? I'd guarantee you it would be less than 50% of them. It's all about the sexy picks and when the Phins don't go that way, this is what you get.

I dont see it that way because Pat White was a pretty sexy pick as was Ted GInn and people complained bigtime. People just have opinions no matter. Every person is different.

Heck, I remember people bashing the Jake Long pick. One person even said this I remember "Why take him #1? He was going to be around in round 2".

Show due respect! The omniscient Mel Kiper said Jake Long would be a right tackle because of his short arms, and the Debbie Downers couldnt go against the almighty hair jelled one.

I completely agree, the minute a draft pick rolls in that people haven't heard of, the grass is suddenly greener and Cameron doesnt seem to bad. Most telling(see:amusing) example could just be a mere couple weeks ago, where people were demanding Tuna step down because he's lost his grasp on the game. Not 24 hours after the Marshall trade i see threads up voting this offseason the best in franchise history.
Watched the draft with a couple friends that were Bucs, Bills, Cards, and Broncos fans(broncos fan reaction was priceless), and had relief from knowing that our front office wouldnt blunder like so many of theirs have. Its nice to sit back and say "hey, if the trifecta took this player, it must be for a good reason".

Well an undrafted WR has had a bigger impact than any other receiver on our roster that was drafted so of course he could.

You crack me up the way you don't hold back.

Don't ever stop posting. :up:

I think the frustration comes from drafting so many lineman. Fans like the sexy pick. It would be nice to have a balance. Remember how excited everyone got when Miami traded for Marshall? Granted lineman are important and needed, but geez...we have holes everywhere and so far out of three picks Miami picked three lineman.

I personally like our picks but it would be nice to add some skill players. The Pats and Jets and Bills have all added running backs, receivers, and corners that are playmakers. Miami has added 0 playmakers, which means we still just have two in Ronnie and Brandon. IMO, we need another playmaker at receiver, tight end, and safety or we will end up in the cellar in the AFC East. Again, this is just my opinion.

how is ricky williams not a playmaker?

Show due respect! The omniscient Mel Kiper said Jake Long would be a right tackle because of his short arms, and the Debbie Downers couldnt go against the almighty hair jelled one.

I completely agree, the minute a draft pick rolls in that people haven't heard of, the grass is suddenly greener and Cameron doesnt seem to bad. Most telling(see:amusing) example could just be a mere couple weeks ago, where people were demanding Tuna step down because he's lost his grasp on the game. Not 24 hours after the Marshall trade i see threads up voting this offseason the best in franchise history.

I believe Ross forced the Marshall trade though

And Dansby was Nolan's reward

Watched the draft with a couple friends that were Bucs, Bills, Cards, and Broncos fans(broncos fan reaction was priceless), and had relief from knowing that our front office wouldnt blunder like so many of theirs have. Its nice to sit back and say "hey, if the trifecta took this player, it must be for a good reason".

Broncos reaction was probably like ours last year when we took White although they gave up more. Personally I think Tebow may develop into a player unlike White.

Good stuff man.I myself don't like the picks,but I'll trust the FO.They got a plan,I'm sure.I mean,they did get us Marshall for pretty much a 2nd and we needed dire help at WR. I say relax,and let them work their mojo (and hopefully poison pill Atogwe :p)

Broncos reaction was probably like ours last year when we took White although they gave up more. Personally I think Tebow may develop into a player unlike White.
I think neither of them will develop into a full time starter. The Broncos traded 3 picks to reach for Tebow in the first round. They also passed over Dez Bryant, traded their TE, and traded Marshall. It's not a good time to be a Broncos fan. Most of the fans want to run McDaniels out of Denver.

That's why you need to filter certain elements from this site. I understand beforehand that there are the complete Debbie downers and the knee jerk reactionists. I come on this site at this time to hear posters I respect whether I agree or disagree. During the draft I look for posts by hoos tedslim ck awsi among others. If u read the dreck it will only frustrate u. Know what Ur looking for and scroll past all else. I mean do you wanna read five pages of a pissing contest as too who's the best cb between nyjunk and two or three phins fans

March and April, people are talking draft and getting really excited. Certain players have bandwagon fans and everyone thinks we are going to take that certain player. All excitement until the Dolphins make their first pick.

Then the Dolphins pick one player, then their second and third and so on. Suddenly the excitement goes away and dread appears.

"Who is that?"

"What a reach."

"This draft gets a F!!"

"OMG What are we doing?"

"They have no idea what they are doing. Fire them."

"LOL We suck."

......and so on. I remember the Brian Hartline pick last year being blasted with some people saying the Dolphins reached and that he wasn't going to be drafted. Or that he could have been had in much later rounds. What did Hartline do? Went on to become one of our best receivers and will likely start alongside Marshall this season.

Heck, I remember people bashing the Jake Long pick. One person even said this I remember "Why take him #1? He was going to be around in round 2".

Look, I personally can't say the John Jerry pick was an exciting one or that it filled a need, but I do know not to get really attached to players pre-draft or to bash a pick without actually knowing who the player is. Honestly, I never heard of John Jerry before. Started researching him and I can see why the front office likes him.

I think the problem is that fans fall in love with certain prospects and when they don't get picked by the Dolphins, fans start to bash. I would actually be surprised if Miami or any team had a draft where there are not people bashing the pick.

When Miami picks someone that you didn't have as your favorite or someone you haven't heard of. Don't bash right away and go on a rant. Look at the player, research him and have an open mind. Just remember Brian Hartline.

I agree with you, good point. I think what may be bothering some of us is not so much the players taken, but the positions they play versus our perceived needs.

The draft matters and that means all rounds. Miami has picked three players, but don't forget seven more will be coming tomorrow. It isn't over yet.

Surprisingly enough there are quite a few safetys I would love for us to take a chance on tommorow.

Reshad Jones(Georgia)
Kurt Coleman(Ohio State)
Robert Johnson(Utah)
Jeromy Miles(UMASS)
Shann Schillinger(Montana)

If the FO is looking to draft a safety in the later rounds there are still a number of quality low risk/high reward options.

I think neither of them will develop into a full time starter. The Broncos traded 3 picks to reach for Tebow in the first round. They also passed over Dez Bryant, traded their TE, and traded Marshall. It's not a good time to be a Broncos fan. Most of the fans want to run McDaniels out of Denver.

Well If Tebow turns out to be a good NFL qb it may be worth it. I for one would be a mad fan at that trade at this time for sure. Im glad they drafted Tebow because who knows what happens with us maybe taking him lol. The Broncos at least got good value for Marshall and have drafted two wr's early to try to replace him. I liked most of his first draft esp the Moreno pick. I wouldnt jump ship if I was a Broncos fan but the trading of picks for Tebow would have pissed me off big time.

Back
Top Bottom