Every year it is the same... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Every year it is the same...

Better yet, who on FinHeaven has interviewed the players, the coaches, the players' family, obtained medical reports, watched EVERY SNAP FROM COLLEGE ALL THE WAY BACK TO HIGH SCHOOL?

zero

Well besides CK and Boomer just kidding
Im sure every team does all that and guess what Aundrey Bruce still gets drafted number one.

Hit the nail on the head, Nubs. Seriously, some of you guys need to stop being a bunch whiney sissy-marys and just let things unfold.

Well besides CK and Boomer just kidding
Im sure every team does all that and guess what Aundrey Bruce still gets drafted number one.

I'm jumping in here late , but i get what you're bickering about...and I totallty agree we've probably spent well over a million bucks if not more on our targeted draftees. I'm gonna have to give them the benefit of the doubt, its what they do to make a living, And imagine.. just to give you're 2 cents to Bill. Maybe they're hiring. i sure could use another career!

Surprisingly enough there are quite a few safetys I would love for us to take a chance on tommorow.

Reshad Jones(Georgia)
Kurt Coleman(Ohio State)
Robert Johnson(Utah)
Jeromy Miles(UMASS)
Shann Schillinger(Montana)

If the FO is looking to draft a safety in the later rounds there are still a number of quality low risk/high reward options.

Another name to remember is Van Eskridge. Miami has shown quiet a bit of interest in him

everybody has their opinions but to complain that someone is complaining makes no sense unless you feel their opinion does not count and that is wrong. Ive seen a lot of mocks and we haven't made any steals more like the FO is trying to pick the safest pick each time and that is my Opinion . But to say one should not complain makes no sense it's not like we draft well or consistently.

Ill jump on the soapbox for this one.
The point he was trying to make was for everyone to step away from the edge of the building and wait, to not complain and to have patience instead of knee jerk reaction. Basically, his opinion was to form educated view on the situation, and not let predetermined favoritism that was built up from watching youtube highlight clips cloud the fact that this front office's job depends on knowing more then the average armchair GM.

These picks might be viewed as "safe" because they are lineman or unheard of yet that is hardly the case. These sort of picks decide games in a week in and week out basis. Would DeMarcus Ware have had 20 sacks without defensive ends eating up blockers? Would Chris Johnson have run for 2k yards without titans(hehe) paving the way? Would Tom Brady have thrown for 50 touchdowns without someone protecting his blindside(see superbowl)?

We are averaging 3 starters a year. In comparison we have 5(?) players still on the team that were drafted by other regimes in the past decade. And thats if you count Channing Crowder(who's mouth makes me automatically ignore him...which works in his favor as he misses tackles). If nothing else, you should be thankful we have a QB for the first time in over a decade...not to mention other cornerstones.
2 years in a row we have been in the playoffs or in contention. That was before this offseason. We can now afford to take picks that dont make immediate sense, we can afford to take Talent over Need in many cases.

I'm jumping in here late , but i get what you're bickering about...and I totallty agree we've probably spent well over a million bucks if not more on our targeted draftees. I'm gonna have to give them the benefit of the doubt, its what they do to make a living, And imagine.. just to give you're 2 cents to Bill. Maybe they're hiring. i sure could use another career!

Well if only for making draftpicks I hit and miss about as much as any team does so why not.

Thanks for stating what we fans who respect the game and trust our FO to do what none of us can come close to doing. Great post Nubs and I hope we see great production from three potential starters.

Nublar7: a refreshing voice of reason in a sea of insanity. :up:

Would Chris Johnson have run for 2k yards without titans(hehe) paving the way?
Iseewhatyoudidthere-1.jpg

Just people with opinions. Lets not act like they hit on all picks. I dont know why the answer to every pick that is not agreed with that these people know more. Im sure Cam Cameron is better at evaluating talent than anybody on this board and yet the 2007 draft existed.

yeah, but i think bill parcells is a better drafter than cam cameron, thats a bad example. the other thing, is no one is ever perfect on draft picks, not the colts, not the eagles, not the patriots. look at all the busts at corner the patriots have had, wheatley and butler are their latest busts.

we could all agree that none of these players are going to be a bust like ted ginn and his family, the good thing is they are too slow to go out of bounds

I'm pretty sure there aren't 3 players in the entire draft that would make 100% of all fans happy

I have my doubts in this FO, Parcells, Nolan and Ireland are suppose to be draft junkies, as everyone has so much faith in them. I question them and I think some of yall have too much faith in them so I will go ahead and say it, our FO is overrated when it comes to drafting prospects.

Last year, Pat White, Patrick Turner, John Nalbone, Chris Clemons, Andrew Gardner, J.D. Folsom

none of those guys show any promise

The year before that 2008, Philip Merling with the 33rd overall pick

I am not impressed with our FO when it comes to drafting, hope they prove me wrong

I have noticed that during the Parcells era I've spent alot of time saying....Who?!

and it has worked out really well so far, so I'm to the point where I just trust in the FO until during the season we can tell picks are total screw ups...

I know they know ALOT more then I'll ever know by watching a few highlights and looking at some stats...

Back
Top Bottom