Everyone Needs To Tap The Brakes And Relax | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Everyone Needs To Tap The Brakes And Relax

100% what gofins posted, how many times this season has Gase mentioned he was surprised that our opponents were more physical then us.

Add in the brutal offensive production, which was supposed to be his area of expertise, and really even if he did pay attention to our defense would we expect any noticeable improvement?

Joe Rose says that isn’t true. Gase told him signing Osweiler was his idea because he knew the playbook and still believed in him.
I like Joe, but he is a total homer. I don't listen to the show much anymore because there are more commercials than content.

As to BO, if Gase didn't want him here, he wouldn't be here.

Philbin is a better coach than Gase, imo. I know that’s not saying much but Gase’s playcalling is the worst I’ve ever seen in Miami.

50 yards in the second half of an important game tells me everything I need to know to axe Gase, Tannehill and Tannenbaum. We need to abandon the finesse style and get a QB like Baker Mayfield or Deshaun Watson who can extend plays. Gase's offense is pure garbage. Tannehill cannot handle the blitz and our receivers do not get separation. It is a perfect storm of ineptitude that the front office knew would likely happen from the 10-6 season where we were dismantled in the wildcard game. We have missed on so many draft picks over the last 10 years that Grier should go even if he hit on obvious picks like Tunsil and Fitz. Ross has had a role in this mess by retaining supervisory control over the head coach and GM. Tannenbaum is not a football guy and not a good cap guy.

If it were only the defense that was bad and the offense was good, or vice versa, than I would say keep Gase. But both are horrible. Gase's complete lack of interest in the defense is not a quality of a competent head coach. Tannebaum also does get a pass. This is poorly run organization. Other teams have injuries too yet they remain relative. Miami remains stuck in mediorcrity and will remain there until Ross is bold enough to make major changes.

My new year slogan...

"MAKE HASTE AND FIRE GASE!"

Billboards,Commercials,side of buses,graffiti on abandoned buildings,banners on planes and of course Twitter

How much do injuries matter?

Ask Kansas City who lost Hunt (not injury related but same difference)

Ask the Rams after losing Kupp.

Neither team has been the same. Injuries do matter and they matter a great deal in a league where salary cap rules the roster.

Yes, like every other team in the league they lost players but the FA replacements on KC and LA have done very well. Also both teams STILL made the playoffs and no one will ever complain about their playcalling. You couldn’t have picked worse examples. Sorry but injuries are just a lame excuse and I can site many examples in Dolphins history where we overcame them and with great coaching still did well. This team has nearly the worst D and O in the league and probably the worst D in Miami history. Gase has done nothing to justify another year, and I would challenge you to site one example where he should. 3 years, under .500 record, two bad losing seasons in a row, no playoffs and least productive team in Miami history. Right. Maybe we should give him a raise. Sorry but if Gase had any other job based on results he’d been fired a long time ago. Plus he’s an arrogant prick which makes it really hard to pull for him.

Yes, like every other team in the league they lost players but the FA replacements on KC and LA have done very well. Also both teams STILL made the playoffs and no one will ever complain about their playcalling. You couldn’t have picked worse examples. Sorry but injuries are just a lame excuse and I can site many examples in Dolphins history where we overcame them and with great coaching still did well. This team has nearly the worst D and O in the league and probably the worst D in Miami history. Gase has done nothing to justify another year, and I would challenge you to site one example where he should. 3 years, under .500 record, two bad losing seasons in a row, no playoffs and least productive team in Miami history. Right. Maybe we should give him a raise. Sorry but if Gase had any other job based on results he’d been fired a long time ago. Plus he’s an arrogant prick which makes it really hard to pull for him.

Outstanding post! I completely agree!

Yeah injuries have dropped Kansas City and the rams offense from extraordinary to league average. They didn’t cause them to go from average to extremely inept like Miami’s.’

We could build the line last year but you realize no Albert Wilson, minkah prolly gets passed up for a lineman as well, etc

Building a team takes time and years and continuity
and there’s the bullseye of our dysfunction. each one of the 3 Dumigos gets a pick or player pickup... there’s no singularity of thought, provoking oneness of direction. the 3x1 format hasn’t worked and will likely continue to circle aimlessly.

this team needs a leader; a rudder; the one voice that commands. someone with the vision for our franchise’s resurrection. Ross has to have a ‘come to jeebus’ moment... or the fan revolt will be epic.

Firing everyone is an emotional reaction. It’s what an 8 year old does when they don’t get their way.

Gase didn’t pick the players. I hate some of his decisions but if you think a young coach isn’t going to go through growing pains just wait til you bring in a rookie QB. Lol you guys gonna explode on that poor kid and then Blame that coach.

News flash winning super bowls isn’t easy....elite QB doesn’t guarantee a Super Bowl (see Dan Marino).....not every draft pick is going to work out....sometimes free agents with zero prior health issues get hurt....sometimes free agents continue to get hurt....

Football is tough in the salary cap era. Gase is smarter than anyone on this board and that’s just the truth.

Now yes if Miami can upgrade at QB sure you go for it but there is no coach that would have won more with Miami’s roster this year. No QB is lighting it up with that turd O line. Those are just facts. Doesn’t mean Tannehill is the answer just means you guys aren’t comparing apples to apples when evaluating that position

My issues that I haven’t liked include the following:

TJ McDonald Extension
Jay Cutler at any contract
Not resigning Jarvis Landry
Brock Osweiler in any form
Letting Suh walk with that dead $$$

No matter though I’m a fan and I’m tired of just changing course over and over.

Ever see how many people like Rick Spielman everyone hated go on to be highly successful elsewhere. Players too. How pissed would be to see Gase go elsewhere and dominate. That’s so Dolphin isnt it
This 100%. After the reading the dredge in this board lately it’s refreshing to read a balanced post.
Merry Xmas fins fans, cos remember that’s what we are.

How much do injuries matter?

Ask Kansas City who lost Hunt (not injury related but same difference)

Ask the Rams after losing Kupp.

Neither team has been the same. Injuries do matter and they matter a great deal in a league where salary cap rules the roster.

The Chiefs since losing Hunt still have the #1 scoring offense, it's the defense that has let them down but they're still the #1 seed

The Rams since losing Kupp have the #4 scoring offense down from #2 and are the #2 seed.

I hope each team can handle such a drastic fall from grace.

Back
Top Bottom