Everyone Needs To Tap The Brakes And Relax | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Everyone Needs To Tap The Brakes And Relax

Pump the brakes, my ass. All I need to see is our players have regressed under his leadership. Just this week, the 2nd to the last week until seasons end for us, and Gase still isn't sure what he has in Tannehill. Really?

Not that I agree with that premise, but if that were the only issue, I might be persuaded. Sadly, that is not the case.

Let me ask you this. What, specifically, has Gase done well?

The point I was trying to make was that over-fixating on a single event or a statistic gives you a false premise for analysis. You need to look at as many events and statistics that are relevant to the entire team. Your request for a single item to offset the original misrepresented item is a continuation of nit picking whose only purpose seems to be to justify the emotional venting of a given poster.

If you can provide a broader description of the coaches performance and the limitations he had to work under to be effective, then I would be delighted to follow that post. That's what hoped to find on this board when I joined.

Firing everyone is an emotional reaction. It’s what an 8 year old does when they don’t get their way.

Gase didn’t pick the players. I hate some of his decisions but if you think a young coach isn’t going to go through growing pains just wait til you bring in a rookie QB. Lol you guys gonna explode on that poor kid and then Blame that coach.

News flash winning super bowls isn’t easy....elite QB doesn’t guarantee a Super Bowl (see Dan Marino).....not every draft pick is going to work out....sometimes free agents with zero prior health issues get hurt....sometimes free agents continue to get hurt....

Football is tough in the salary cap era. Gase is smarter than anyone on this board and that’s just the truth.

Now yes if Miami can upgrade at QB sure you go for it but there is no coach that would have won more with Miami’s roster this year. No QB is lighting it up with that turd O line. Those are just facts. Doesn’t mean Tannehill is the answer just means you guys aren’t comparing apples to apples when evaluating that position

My issues that I haven’t liked include the following:

TJ McDonald Extension
Jay Cutler at any contract
Not resigning Jarvis Landry
Brock Osweiler in any form
Letting Suh walk with that dead $$$

No matter though I’m a fan and I’m tired of just changing course over and over.

Ever see how many people like Rick Spielman everyone hated go on to be highly successful elsewhere. Players too. How pissed would be to see Gase go elsewhere and dominate. That’s so Dolphin isnt it

I like posts such as these because I can look at who liked them and know who to not take seriously.

I guess it's just a coincidence that so many of his former players are current players. :lol:

We won't 'explode' on a rook QB. That's reserved for guys who have been in the league 7 years and aren't getting any better. Worse maybe ...

Intelligent people take responsibility. Petulant children blame everyone but themself.

The arrow is pointing straight down. Time to move on.

What GM worth his weight is going to want to come in and be forced to work with Gase. If Gase is retained we may as well retain Tannenbaum and of course 1 more season with Ryan. Gase is right. With the talent along the OL and injuries we can't possibly evaluate Ryan or him and Tannenbaum

The point I was trying to make was that over-fixating on a single event or a statistic gives you a false premise for analysis. You need to look at as many events and statistics that are relevant to the entire team. Your request for a single item to offset the original misrepresented item is a continuation of nit picking whose only purpose seems to be to justify the emotional venting of a given poster.

If you can provide a broader description of the coaches performance and the limitations he had to work under to be effective, then I would be delighted to follow that post. That's what hoped to find on this board when I joined.
I, and many others have been posting specific flaws with Gase for a while now. There is plenty to answer for.

I can only assume that you have no answer for what he does well. It was a pretty basic question to start an in depth back and forth IMO.

The issue for me is Gase and Tannehill for that matter do ok when everything is perfect and we have no injuries. Most all coaches and QB's do. However, injuries in the NFL are part of the game. He has shown that he is not able to adapt the game plan quickly enough to those types of challenges and doesn't have a history of putting our players in a position to succeed when things aren't perfect. We need a coach who is a teacher and can improvise week to week and during the game. I don't think Gase is that guy.

Firing everyone is an emotional reaction. It’s what an 8 year old does when they don’t get their way.

Gase didn’t pick the players. I hate some of his decisions but if you think a young coach isn’t going to go through growing pains just wait til you bring in a rookie QB. Lol you guys gonna explode on that poor kid and then Blame that coach.

News flash winning super bowls isn’t easy....elite QB doesn’t guarantee a Super Bowl (see Dan Marino).....not every draft pick is going to work out....sometimes free agents with zero prior health issues get hurt....sometimes free agents continue to get hurt....

Football is tough in the salary cap era. Gase is smarter than anyone on this board and that’s just the truth.

Now yes if Miami can upgrade at QB sure you go for it but there is no coach that would have won more with Miami’s roster this year. No QB is lighting it up with that turd O line. Those are just facts. Doesn’t mean Tannehill is the answer just means you guys aren’t comparing apples to apples when evaluating that position

My issues that I haven’t liked include the following:

TJ McDonald Extension
Jay Cutler at any contract
Not resigning Jarvis Landry
Brock Osweiler in any form
Letting Suh walk with that dead $$$

No matter though I’m a fan and I’m tired of just changing course over and over.

Ever see how many people like Rick Spielman everyone hated go on to be highly successful elsewhere. Players too. How pissed would be to see Gase go elsewhere and dominate. That’s so Dolphin isnt it

Before I tap my brakes please tell all of us what Gase has done to MERIT another year? His offense has been a complete failure for 3 years. He’s is hard headed and has refused to give up playcalling despite his obvious lack of feel for doing so. He apparently thinks that despite being the head coach he is completely disengaged during games when the D is on the field, sitting on the bench pondering over his clipboard. Lastly, he has inexplicably tied his fortunes to Ryan Tannehill by refusing to draft his successor and doggedly defending his poor play. What does all of this tell me? In his mind Gase is still a coordinator, not the CEO of the Miami Dolphins. After 3 years of this crap, with less than a .500 record and no where near sniffing the playoffs it’s time to move on from this poor, micromanaging leader. Do it Ross

I like, and respect you as a poster, so, on second thought. I will give this a shot.

His game day decisions are baffling, to say the least.

3rd and very short, he has often called "wide", slow developing plays that do not attack the LOS. That is a mistake IMO.

Gase is smarter than everyone on this board?......lol
I'm sure he'd like to think so. He did pick the players. He has final say on the roster. He decided that he could win with Tannehill.
The list of mistakes is long. Just because he's the HC doesn't make him smarter than everyone else.

The issue for me is Gase and Tannehill for that matter do ok when everything is perfect and we have no injuries. Most all coaches and QB's do. However, injuries in the NFL are part of the game. He has shown that he is not able to adapt the game plan quickly enough to those types of challenges and doesn't have a history of putting our players in a position to succeed when things aren't perfect. We need a coach who is a teacher and can improvise week to week and during the game. I don't think Gase is that guy.

Injuries are part of the game, absolutely true, but you have to agree we seemed to have more than our share of injuries (season enders even) this year.

The next point is depth, we all knew that depth was an issue coming into the season- mainly because of years of bad drafting and FA. Im not sure what we were expecting when your signing street FA along the line and at WR and promoting PS WR’s etc

All that said Gase has his flaws that have been more pointed out on the board on several times and instances. It is uncanny how we were able to win all those close games especially when you look at our O and D rankings.

I expect changes are incoming, not exactly sure to what extent though. I look at some of the names of coaches and QB’s though and Im not all that excited, maybe Im reaching apathy.

I would almost rather take a chance on an QB from the draft and a veteran with Falk. The coaching staff is a big question mark to who is quality that even wants to come here, especially with no qb or loads of picks/money.

Injuries are part of the game, absolutely true, but you have to agree we seemed to have more than our share of injuries (season enders even) this year.

The next point is depth, we all knew that depth was an issue coming into the season- mainly because of years of bad drafting and FA. Im not sure what we were expecting when your signing street FA along the line and at WR and promoting PS WR’s etc

All that said Gase has his flaws that have been more pointed out on the board on several times and instances. It is uncanny how we were able to win all those close games especially when you look at our O and D rankings.

I expect changes are incoming, not exactly sure to what extent though. I look at some of the names of coaches and QB’s though and Im not all that excited, maybe Im reaching apathy.

I would almost rather take a chance on an QB from the draft and a veteran with Falk. The coaching staff is a big question mark to who is quality that even wants to come here, especially with no qb or loads of picks/money.
This is why we need a competent GM who is allowed to bring in his HC and is also allowed to actually build the roster. All this talk about "rebuild" is nonsense. This team has been bad for years and years so nothing was ever built in order for is to be rebuilt. A competent GM needs to build the real foundation instead of try to plug holes like this FO/HC have been trying to do.

The real question is how do you split responsibility between the coach and the QB? it is not easy. I have seen enough of Tannehill. Next year I am hoping for a QB room to be Luke Falk / draftpick / cheap vet pretty much in that order. I want to go young I do not want a FA QB next year, I want hope now.

Grier and T Bag got to go. I already no Ross will fire Gase cause he pals with T Bag but he is killing are cap with average players and letting great ones go like Landry.

You might be surprised who you could get if you throw enough money at them, human nature being what it is.

I think finding an experienced DC will be next to impossible if we retain Gase, because it would, in all likelihood, be a one year gig.

Hire a real GM first, that has an actual, realistic plan. Let him hire a HC that owns both sides of the ball, scouting staff etc.

Back
Top Bottom