Everyone Needs To Tap The Brakes And Relax | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Everyone Needs To Tap The Brakes And Relax

I stop reading after " Gase is smarter than anyone on this board and that’s just the truth" I can name a lot of members of this board that are more smarter than that sob.

My **** is smarter than Gase and my **** is ****ing stupid. Gets me in trouble all of the time.

Everybody is acting like this is the worst coach we had. I know people are upset with the season. I blame gase for sticking with tannehill and not fixing the run d (which you think people would be more upset about because we had the number One run d 2014 till we played GASE and he exposed us .
the run d was terrible the rest of the year.

So he knew tannehill was average and knew the run d was terrible. Shoulda been fixed.

Otherwise we shouldn’t have even won 7 games. This roster needed a reset last year. They started it. It was okay but the injuries killed us.

Don’t tell me every team had injuries. I researched it. Redskins Falcons and Miami lost the most starters. I don’t care if the pats stashed half their draft on ir or the Steelers have camp bums on ir. Those are not starters.

Players play hard for him. He wins division games. He wins close games. Those are things that **** face philibin never did.

He is a good leader

Now tell me. The new coach. How long are you giving him to win? If he doesn’t make playoffs after year one like philibin no matter what the schedule, is he on the hot seat ?

Really philibin got 4 years and was a terrible coach. Gase should get 4.

No matter who coaches us next year we will be terrible . We need to find a quarterback
Jets browns bills are all on our schedule with franchise qbs.

The national media picked us to win 3 games this year. Next year they will

Next year miami will prob win 5 games. Brutal schedule and no talent.

Also, the mentality of not trying something new because it might fail is not better than something that is currently failing for the record.

You can't say with certainty that a new coach/gm/vp whatever wouldn't be better or worse without trying said scenario. What we can guarantee is that with the current staff, it will be mediocre. History proves that.

To be totally honest I don't know what the right answer is. I do know that something has to change. I'm so tired of .500.

How long did it take KC to change? Seems less than 3 years to me . But what do I know on my third jack and coke.

Merry Christmas

The idea that “continuity” of bad results is going to lead to good results is laughable.

I agree! It’s loser mentality and makes zero sense. Gase will get us middle of the road but never make us a contender.

Firing everyone is an emotional reaction. It’s what an 8 year old does when they don’t get their way.

Gase didn’t pick the players. I hate some of his decisions but if you think a young coach isn’t going to go through growing pains just wait til you bring in a rookie QB. Lol you guys gonna explode on that poor kid and then Blame that coach.

News flash winning super bowls isn’t easy....elite QB doesn’t guarantee a Super Bowl (see Dan Marino).....not every draft pick is going to work out....sometimes free agents with zero prior health issues get hurt....sometimes free agents continue to get hurt....

Football is tough in the salary cap era. Gase is smarter than anyone on this board and that’s just the truth.

Now yes if Miami can upgrade at QB sure you go for it but there is no coach that would have won more with Miami’s roster this year. No QB is lighting it up with that turd O line. Those are just facts. Doesn’t mean Tannehill is the answer just means you guys aren’t comparing apples to apples when evaluating that position

My issues that I haven’t liked include the following:

TJ McDonald Extension
Jay Cutler at any contract
Not resigning Jarvis Landry
Brock Osweiler in any form
Letting Suh walk with that dead $$$

No matter though I’m a fan and I’m tired of just changing course over and over.

Ever see how many people like Rick Spielman everyone hated go on to be highly successful elsewhere. Players too. How pissed would be to see Gase go elsewhere and dominate. That’s so Dolphin isnt it

Gase knows a roster couldn’t have a tackle make that money’. He hated it from the start.
He was smart to move on from that as soon as he could. The money was not used correctly in terms of players and positions. I am happy he got rid of suh. Run d sucked with him too. He probably couldn’t reset the roster till this year because of salary cap hits and getting to know players like Landry. He needed time to make decisions. I think we were on track to win 9 or 10 game without injuries and their plan. Thing is 9 or 10 isn’t good enough. It would have been another playoff loss round one. Need a qb to make Miami a serious team. Not a team trying to win the 6th seed every year.

Gase isn’t perfect but honestly looking at possible coaches. That list is not very inspiring. Get ready to want to fire the new coach after year one. Cause next year we are going to suck. Need a q.b and there isn’t much choice.

I would hire a new vp of football operations. Let him and new gm decide if they want to fire gase or give him a year. But people want blood now so that probably wouldn’t make people here happy.

My serious concern. It will take a while to get the right front office vp and general manager. Especially with Rooney rules. Time you do first and second rounds interviews for those positions. How long to get the new coach. ? What choices will be left?

I would hire a new vp of football operations. Let him and new gm decide if they want to fire gase or give him a year. But people want blood now so that probably wouldn’t make people here happy.

My serious concern. It will take a while to get the right front office vp and general manager. Especially with Rooney rules. Time you do first and second rounds interviews for those positions. How long to get the new coach. ? What choices will be left?
Here's the pickle though. None of us know the internal workings of the organization. Who is ultimately responsible for drafting decisions, retaining decisions, etc. It's hard to blame one or the other when it comes to Grier or Tannenbaum. One of them is responsible, but who that is, only a handful know.

As for Gase, his record of decisions is out there for everyone to see. It isn't good, I don't think anyone needs to tell you that. But there are others who agree with you, I won't tell you what to think.

In the end decisions need to be made, hard decsisions, friendship ending decisions, short term and long-term decisions. Some of the fanbase will be leaving if they are not made. You can tell by the level of animosity that arises on a weekly basis here.

Did you think the same thing about Cameron or Philbin? Pump the brakes? Miami has been pumping the breaks for years on success. This organization seems clueless. This team has been trash for almost 2 decades now minus a couple years. What I've seen with my own eyes since Gase has been the head coach tells me he is in over his head. With or without Tannehill his team either barely wins or gets blown out. His usage of players is questionable and his playcalling is pathetic. No fan needs to pump the breaks. We're all tired of watching an average team year after year.

in reality, we will like fire Tannenbaum and Burke, make Grier and Gase the heads of this ship going into next year with the responsibility on Gase to find both a real OC and an improved DC.

I also think there is a legit shot that Tannehill is back next year too, with some competition in the form of either Bridgewater or a Day 1-2 pick.

Next year will be the make or break year for this franchise, from the looks of it, especially with the 2020 QB class.

I don't necessarily agree with this method, however I think that it is the direction we are headed.

"injuries", "he's young and still learning", "QB's fault"... whatever the narrative.

It doesn't excuse sitting on the bench ignoring the Defense.

He's the HEAD COACH. His "not my job" routine, blaming the players, blaming the circumstances, coupled with Burke's "it's not the scheme, obviously" excuses, tells me everything I need to know.

He accepted the Ryan Tannehill project. He kicked out the players he didn't like. He accepted the HC position. He hired Burke.

Man the hell up. Take responsibility and own it. I've heard enough of this "not my job" and excuse BS we settle for leadership this day.

Stop trying to escape blame. Stop complaining it's "not fair". The buck stops at your feet, COACH.

Apologist trying to give him the same excuse-ability as a Super Bowl winning HC in a down year. And he hasn't even sniffed a Super Bowl. Stop treating every situation as equal.

There is failure from effort and then there is this. An absentee coach while his defense crumbles on the field. Working on the offense continually with NO IMPROVEMENT to show for all of the adjustments and analysis before the game, after the game and DURING THE GAME.

Gase is a failure of EPIC proportions.

Had he manned up to it and owned it, he would be worthy of our empathy. Instead, he has thrown everyone but himself under the bus. And we have a FO suffering from the same lack of gonads. TB hasn't found a problem yet he can't address with money. Life's easy when you have a billionaire funding your ignorance.

Stop defending a bunch of unworthy motards. Get this clown show out of the building and go get some GROWN MEN.

Back
Top Bottom