Everyone Needs To Tap The Brakes And Relax | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Everyone Needs To Tap The Brakes And Relax

If Gase stays, and Tannehill gets one more year, I can see us going for Todd Bowles as DC, and drafting a **** ton of lineman on both sides.

And I can see us at 7-9 to 9-7, and throwing a crap-ton of bubble screens, ignoring the running game and looking at pre-snap stills on the bench.

My **** is smarter than Gase and my **** is ****ing stupid. Gets me in trouble all of the time.

I would look up the word "narcissist" and check the symptoms. Its rare to be a fully blown one but from what ive seen you fit 3 of the 4 major traits.

"Disregard for other humans feelings" Check.

" sense of entitlement" check. Proved that with your bizarre messages about taking joy in firing other people. Im sorry but there is something incredibly weird and sick going on if you truly take joy out of harming other people's lives

Gase knows a roster couldn’t have a tackle make that money’. He hated it from the start.
He was smart to move on from that as soon as he could. The money was not used correctly in terms of players and positions. I am happy he got rid of suh. Run d sucked with him too. He probably couldn’t reset the roster till this year because of salary cap hits and getting to know players like Landry. He needed time to make decisions. I think we were on track to win 9 or 10 game without injuries and their plan. Thing is 9 or 10 isn’t good enough. It would have been another playoff loss round one. Need a qb to make Miami a serious team. Not a team trying to win the 6th seed every year.

Gase isn’t perfect but honestly looking at possible coaches. That list is not very inspiring. Get ready to want to fire the new coach after year one. Cause next year we are going to suck. Need a q.b and there isn’t much choice.
This is like a battered woman staying witliver husband because he pays all the bills.

Would you tell this woman to hang in there because husbands who are like Ward Cleaver dont just grow on trees?

Players play hard for him. He wins division games. He wins close games.

I agree. Those aspects are being severely undervalued around here. For decades I've expected the Dolphins to lose close games. Under Gase I'm shocked when we don't pull them out.

I don't mind replacing him if we have an excellent candidate in mind. If we change for the sake of change -- like the logo and uniforms -- I'd prefer to keep Gase and allow him to work with a different quarterback.

How is is possible that Gase receives more animosity than Tannehill?

I prefer arrogance to the blank stare and career-long mediocrity. There has to be a reason for that arrogance. If I won so many games I wasn't supposed to win I'd probably be an arrogant coach as well.

How is is possible that Gase receives more animosity than Tannehill?

Failure to fire Burke
Failure to have a pass rush
Failure to stop the run
Failure to ensure and reasonable pass protection
Failure to not call a run play on 2nd and 10
Failure to show any balls in the final 2 series at Indy
Failure by punting down 2 scores on Sunday with 5 minutes left
Failure to not take any personal responsibility for the teams performance
Failure to prepare this team to beat blitzes with adjustments at the O-line
Failure to not have our receivers run hot routes to help his QB beat blitzes
Failure to not handle aggressive personalities well
etc...etc....etc....

You get the idea.

I think Tannehill gets plenty of animosity and grief on this site. Much of it deserved, but some of it not. But Gase just hasn't performed in a lot of areas and deserves his fair share of criticism as well. Additionally, Gase is the man in charge and the idea that he is disinterested in the defensive side of the ball during game days is disappointing to me and our predictability and pedestrian nature on offense is both boring and expected by the defenses we face. If he is a QB guru and an offensive genius......I'm still waiting to see it, because it hasn't materialized yet.

I don't know if Gase is going to get fired or not. There are reasons to let him go and reasons to keep him, but if they do decide to keep him, I would strongly recommend some self reflection because that arrogance you mentioned and seem to like is going to get us similar results moving forward unless he is willing to change.

A case can be made winning those close games are equally over valued.

It really depends on your preference how you "want" to view those games

As a point of basic football strategy miami indeed won a few of those games by coaching theory (play conservative,dont make mistakes & win in the kicking game)

The issue with that approach regarding Miami is they arent good enough to sustain that style for 16 games

Which goes to the choice of roster composition, coaching staff choices and QB ALL Adam Gase held decisions.

Gase playing the injury card, his willingness to toss players under the bus and a constant arrogance with regards to his choices comes off as a lack of leadership
Couple that with his obvious self admitted lack of knowledge and attention to the other aspects of HIS football team (2 side notes here 1- is it any wonder how a coach could be using drugs on the job with such a lack of attention from your boss 2- the HC should always!!!! Be at attention during a game ITS YOUR JOB....HEAD FOOTBALL COACH, ) clearly point to a man not fit for the job.

Merry Christmas everyone,

I am not petitioning to throw Gates out of the office. What I do hope for is there is accountability on the decisions made which only Ross and higher level people will know. I have never thought our GM was a good selection. I think we need to give Gates a bit more time by letting a new GM come in and evaluate personnel including the coaching staff. Remember that Belichick's first head coaching job was not in Boston as I think he was run out of Cleveland. I think they would take him back in a heart beat. What I think has been a drastic mistake by ALL of Dolphins staff is not drafting a future QB in the various drafts. Keep slugging away at a hidden Gem in rounds 2-4. This is another area we have mis-performed in, player evaluations in the draft in free agency and the draft. Have to fix these first if the team is going to turn around as the youth are your cornerstones for the future.

This! I stopped reading after the OP stated that Gase didn’t pick the players. Gase has already benched himself. OP is clearly a Gase supporter and cannot be taken seriously.

anyone Gase doesnt like is instantly gone. suddenly he doesnt pick the players lol

Gase has final say over the 53 man roster...

When you look at mouse and magnify its importance beyond reality you end up with the old definition of an elephant, which is "a mouse built to military specifications".

When you point out that Gase has the final say of the 53 players we keep, you ignore the importance of who selected the group of ninety plus players and how good those players are that Gase had to choose 53 from.

I was hopeful that he would "grow into the job", but that ship has sailed.

Too many game day mistakes that, honestly, would get Division II coach fired.

No intervention, or attention to the defensive side of the ball. He may not be the one who picked Burke, but it's still his responsibility to oversee.

Worst of all, sitting by himself, on the bench, while his team goes down in flames, then pointing fingers while making excuses.

No OP, this is NOT a leader, and NOT a good HC.

I don't want to pump the breaks. I want to Slam them to the floor, and stop the train wreck.

When you look at mouse and magnify its importance beyond reality you end up with the old definition of an elephant, which is "a mouse built to military specifications".

When you point out that Gase has the final say of the 53 players we keep, you ignore the importance of who selected the group of ninety plus players and how good those players are that Gase had to choose 53 from.
Not that I agree with that premise, but if that were the only issue, I might be persuaded. Sadly, that is not the case.

Let me ask you this. What, specifically, has Gase done well?

Back
Top Bottom