Everyone Needs To Tap The Brakes And Relax | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Everyone Needs To Tap The Brakes And Relax

Dolfan4life

Starter
Reaction score
Firing everyone is an emotional reaction. It’s what an 8 year old does when they don’t get their way.

Gase didn’t pick the players. I hate some of his decisions but if you think a young coach isn’t going to go through growing pains just wait til you bring in a rookie QB. Lol you guys gonna explode on that poor kid and then Blame that coach.

News flash winning super bowls isn’t easy....elite QB doesn’t guarantee a Super Bowl (see Dan Marino).....not every draft pick is going to work out....sometimes free agents with zero prior health issues get hurt....sometimes free agents continue to get hurt....

Football is tough in the salary cap era. Gase is smarter than anyone on this board and that’s just the truth.

Now yes if Miami can upgrade at QB sure you go for it but there is no coach that would have won more with Miami’s roster this year. No QB is lighting it up with that turd O line. Those are just facts. Doesn’t mean Tannehill is the answer just means you guys aren’t comparing apples to apples when evaluating that position

My issues that I haven’t liked include the following:

TJ McDonald Extension
Jay Cutler at any contract
Not resigning Jarvis Landry
Brock Osweiler in any form
Letting Suh walk with that dead $$$

No matter though I’m a fan and I’m tired of just changing course over and over.

Ever see how many people like Rick Spielman everyone hated go on to be highly successful elsewhere. Players too. How pissed would be to see Gase go elsewhere and dominate. That’s so Dolphin isnt it

Having say over the final roster and picking the players are 2 completely different things.

But yes he did decide to keep Kenny Stills on the active 53 vs Isaiah Ford. Lol

Firing everyone is an emotional reaction. It’s what an 8 year old does when they don’t get their way.

Gase didn’t pick the players. I hate some of his decisions but if you think a young coach isn’t going to go through growing pains just wait til you bring in a rookie QB. Lol you guys gonna explode on that poor kid and then Blame that coach.

News flash winning super bowls isn’t easy....elite QB doesn’t guarantee a Super Bowl (see Dan Marino).....not every draft pick is going to work out....sometimes free agents with zero prior health issues get hurt....sometimes free agents continue to get hurt....

Football is tough in the salary cap era. Gase is smarter than anyone on this board and that’s just the truth.

Now yes if Miami can upgrade at QB sure you go for it but there is no coach that would have won more with Miami’s roster this year. No QB is lighting it up with that turd O line. Those are just facts. Doesn’t mean Tannehill is the answer just means you guys aren’t comparing apples to apples when evaluating that position

TJ McDonald Extension

Ever see how many people like Rick Spielman everyone hated go on to be highly successful elsewhere. Players too. How pissed would be to see Gase go elsewhere and dominate. That’s so Dolphin isnt it

If you're talking about people who want to literally fire everyone associated with the Dolphins (including the secretaries and security guards), then you are correct - that is an overreaction. But if you're referring to those of us who are tired of seeing Ross fire a GM one season and a head coach the next, and then hire replacements like he's running a Pizza Hut, then you're absolutely wrong. You either do it one of two ways:

1) Hire a GM or President with full-control of the team and then have them hire their hand-picked head coach.

or

2) Hire a head coach and give him full control of football decisions, a la Jimmy Johnson (not my favorite way of doing things).

Having say over the final roster and picking the players are 2 completely different things.

But yes he did decide to keep Kenny Stills on the active 53 vs Isaiah Ford. Lol
This is the description they used for Gase:

“Gase will work hand-in-hand with general manager Chris Grier, but the young coach has final say, something plenty of coaches league-wide lack”

Interpret that as you will

And I know for damn sure that Gase picked Cutler, Osweiler, and Julius Thomas.

Actually the reports in summer were that BO was brought in by Tannenbaum and Gase met with BO because he didn’t like the idea. Supposedly, he had to be convinced.

I’m not saying Gase should be retained. But let’s assign blame where it is firmly due: 3rd down offense, OL play, DC selection, etc

This is the description they used for Gase:

“Gase will work hand-in-hand with general manager Chris Grier, but the young coach has final say, something plenty of coaches league-wide lack”

Interpret that as you will

This is kinda like Grier is the ‘gm’ but they will call Mike when they want to make a trade Etc. lol

I just don’t think we have intimate knowledge of exaclty how it all works with the FO.

I mean does this mean on draft day grier wants player A and Gase wants B Gase gets B everytime? How about FA? Or does it mean that Gase just make the final decisions on the final 53 of players picked etc. Im honestly curious, and at one point word was was Gase was going to get more power- if he had all of the above what other powers would he even get?

3rd and long? 3rd and 1? Gase will call the plays LEAST likely to succeed. He can draw up trick plays, but when it comes to normal football plays he has no clue when to call what plays. Gase is a terrible playcaller, and I wouldn't even hire him as an Offensive Coordinator. But, he's Miami's Head Coach... in name only. During the game, he's too busy sitting on the bench writing to pay any attention to what is happening on the field. Even if you brought in a new GM who could give him a competent o-line, Gase would still call stupid plays guaranteed to fail.

Gase and the Front Office had 3 years to improve this team. What is the result? Still can't build a decent o-line, still have no depth, and the offense and defense were both ranked 29th before the Jacksonville loss. I thought Philbin was bad, but Gase is even worse.

TJ McDonald Extension

He literally picked the players he wanted and got rid of the supposed "malcontents".

He very well could be smarter than 100% of the posters on this board and he could be smarter than everyone in south Florida unfortunately we are not who he's competing against. Fact is he is not smarter than most of the 31 head coaches in the NFL and that's a lot more important than being smarter than folks on a message board.

Last edited:
Teams take time to build add a ton of luck and you get to the Super Bowl and another ton of luck and you win one.

Miami has performed just slightly below what I’d expect.

2 basic rookie linebackers, a slot corner forced outside, a true free safety forced to nickel, your best pass rusher is a fossil, numerous injuries, Brock started 5 games for God’s sake,

Actually the reports in summer were that BO was brought in by Tannenbaum and Gase met with BO because he didn’t like the idea. Supposedly, he had to be convinced.

I’m not saying Gase should be retained. But let’s assign blame where it is firmly due: 3rd down offense, OL play, DC selection, etc
Apparently he hated the idea so much that he wouldn't let Fales see the field.

We could build the line last year but you realize no Albert Wilson, minkah prolly gets passed up for a lineman as well, etc

Building a team takes time and years and continuity

We could build the line last year but you realize no Albert Wilson, minkah prolly gets passed up for a lineman as well, etc

Building a team takes time and years and continuity
3 years with gase and his offense, Miami shouldn’t be having games under 200 yards,let alone 5 of them. It shouldn’t take years and years of continuity to convert a 3rd down or score more than 2 TDs a game on a consistent basis.

Back
Top Bottom