Evidence Flo and his staff have potential | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Evidence Flo and his staff have potential

How high can that potential lead us? Who knows...after all Adam Gase was 10-6 his 1st season with us and look at him now.

Now, I've seen some outlandish claims on this site before but this one might honestly take the cake ....I might have to sig this.

Seriously though, What are you smoking?
CORE PLAYERS aka Those Who Are In The Plans Past This Season:

Howard, Baker, McMillan, Wilkins, Godchaux, Deiter (unfortunately), Boehm (start at C next season), William's, Parker, Gesicki.

Hate...ae won our first game today against a team more dysfunctional than your thought process. Let's not give Flores coach of the year just yet. There is still the matter of the previous 6 games where the o-line was practically musical chairs...playing people in positions where they weren't strongest (Davis at LT, Davenport at RT). He had film, training camp, and preseason to iron those kinks out and not use the.regular season as an extended preseason.

That is bad coaching, of which he has improved.
You do understand that this is a 16 week preseason, right?

It was always going to be a rough year and therefore hard to judge both players and coaches, but the gradual improvement and obvious team spirit are a good sign.

Less encouraging is the propensity to **** the bed in the second half of every game, and we only got away with it this week because the Jets shat the bed even more than we do.

The playcalling has been way better this year for sure. Gase was horrible at that, and hes probably the reason we won yesterday. How he is an NFL HC is ming boggling.

The more we see from Gase the more I wonder how he ever managed to get Miami to 10-6 his first season. Think about this. The Jets spent all kinds of money in free agency, while the Dolphins did the opposite trading away many of their players with value (Tunsil, Fitzpatrick, Alonso, Stills, Drake etc.). And yet the Jets offense might be the only one in the NFL worse than Miami's. New York might end up with the #1 overall pick as well. Something else to wonder about.
I think alot of Gase's first year success was due to the fact that the NFL didnt have a book on him yet. Now that teams know his tendencies, his stubbornness, and his inability to deviate from his gameplan, he is done.

That pony only has one trick.

I agree with everything you say apart from the o line.even against the steelers Fitzaverage couldn’t stay in the pocket once from the second quarter onwards and was scrambling everywhere (with some inexplicable passing included). But I don’t expect much from the oline this season and expect us to beef up by start of next campaign. We are in the potential of creating greatness if we pick and trade wisely. We can end 1-15 or go like 1973 (very unlikely) but we will always love our fins.....

You do understand that this is a 16 week preseason, right?
"...not use the.regular season as an extended preseason."

Unfortunately, I do.

That was the same question he was asked every fins presser. Well coached teams commit less penalties. Gase has never coached a team well.
Gase has never coached a whole team. He's still an OC who doesn't seem to care about the defense and this is part of the reason he'll never make it as a "HC".

1 week before the regular season the front office traded away one of our best players, and starting Left tackle on what was already a shaky Oline, and arguably our best receiver. Then they proceeded to churn around 1/3 of the roster on both sides of the ball, shedding a number of players that were pencilled in to get significant playing time and or provide depth to on both sides of the ball and proceeded to replace them with a bunch of cast offs from other teams that had not been in training camp or taught the offensive and defensive schemes. Then we started the very same QB who as a rookie won the first overall pick to the Cardinals and delivered to them Kyler Murray.

Those are very difficult odds to overcome, and the results in the first few games were extremely predictable. However, the past 3 games, the team has demonstrated significant improvement. The team has the fewest penalties in The NFL, or at least we did coming into this game, so that discipline is nice to see. Players like Geiseiki, Williams, Parker, Jenkins, Mark Walton, Taco Charlton, & Vince Biegle have been developing and look like are keepers. The defense has been getting it done with scheme to make up for their lack of pass rush, and fairly solid fundamentals, and the O-line whilst still a weak point on the team has improved significantly from the train wreck that it was in the beginning of the season. The offense has a high conversion rate in the red zone, and the team has improved week after week.

This has been some fine coaching by Flo and his staff overall. There have been some questionable calls, the 8 man blitz last week, going for 2 at the End vs Buffalo and such. But, big picture wise, considering the position/hole CoachFlo started in, the team has not quit on him, plays hard and has improved week after week. That is a good sign.

I still expect us to lose all but a max of 2 more games, but considering the ownership and front office made the conscious decision to tank this year by stripping the roster of talent to stockpile assets for the future, this coaching staff has been showing some reasons for some optimism at least about them In the future with more to work with on the roster.

Really nice post and I agree. I wasn't for Flores, but I have bought in from what I have seen so far. The team has progressed and is playing well not because it has a great roster, but for the first time in a long time this team is well coached. They play disciplined and they play hard. There is ZERO quit in this team and as I have said for years when we see the team quit it is a direct reflection of the coach. There have been rookie mistakes, but that's expected, but Flores and his team has won me over. I'm excited to see what they can do with the influx of talent that will be coming to Miami over the next couple of years.

You know how you can see the staff is doing something right? There has been nothing but negativity coming towards the team. The organization has been called by the media (admittedly from huge Jet fans like Greeny) embarrassments, and they still come in and play tough. Young players on the team after losses come out say we have to be better, and promise the fans things will get better. That seems like a small thing but then you have players from the Browns threatening to kill people after the game and Jet players attacking fans as well.

Back
Top Bottom