Examining each of the Miami Dolphins’ receivers and their futures | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Examining each of the Miami Dolphins’ receivers and their futures

Dolph N.Fan

Active Roster
Reaction score
Bowden played better than I thought.

Otherwise, Oof! Great when healthy, but ugly when hampered by injuries.

I hope to see at least 2 new guys added.

Still like Malcolm Perry. Gonna make a gas mask video on Tamorian Terry in hopes of landing him late.

Losing Williams was a huge blow (thanks CW) as it seemed like he was really coming on and developed a rapport with Tua.

The offense was obviously just better with him on the field.

I like Bowden. PW and DP are injury plagued but very good when they are healthy. Aside from that it's like being asked to pick your favorite skunk smell.

I like Bowden. PW and DP are injury plagued but very good when they are healthy. Aside from that it's like being asked to pick your favorite skunk smell.
Best skunk smell gotta be after it’s freshly run over as roadkill and it’s scent organ smashed to release its essence on the whole area.

What type of offense do ya'll think we are going to run? Any chance we move to the spread? If so, we will probably need some of these guys. I would like to see an upgrade with us taking Smith, Chase, Waddle, and/or Pitts however, I could see us holding onto Parker, Williams, Grant, and Bowden.

Basically over the latter part of the season, Bowden was the only decent WR who was healthy. Grant who I consider a lower tier WR was once again injured and was placed on IR. Parker struggled with hamstring issues and just wasn’t able to provide much in the passing game even when he was on the field.

So Tua basically had a rookie WR who was still trying to learn the position as his best WR and a young and injured OL that actually regressed as the season went along. Yet somehow some people see Tua as the problem with the offense. I just don’t understand.

Forget about the draft, and forget about free agency all together for a moment. Discussing our free agent players wouldn't really matter at this point as every free agent listed there won't come back here at all. With that said we can pretend we are getting to the final weeks of training camp, and we are getting ready to make some cuts. The likely receivers that are going to stay would be Parker of course, Preston Williams, and Grant. Anyone that didn't play in 2020 won't come back to this team even if they are still in contract. Is still very possible we can use free agency to lure in people, but we are likely going to find our star receiver in the 2nd round. When Parker is healthy we know he can play, and part of our offensive issues last season were due to the fact that we had a rookie line, and we had a quarterback Carrousel. All battles are won in the trenches, and unless we want to see Tua on his back all the time then we need to start putting a focus in free agency in the offensive line, and use our first pick on Sewell. Assuming that is taken care of this team has a lot of options in the 2nd round to grab a wide receiver as we have two picks to play with in the 2nd round. One of those available will be Terrence Marshall Jr., and he is actually in terms of size and speed very close to Parker. In reality we don't really have a receiver that could navigate in the slot the way I would like, but the draft has unpolished talent that we could further explore. We also don't want to spend the 18th pick on a receiver at all unless by some magic waddle is there, but we also need to draft a linebacker that will stay with us for a while such as Zaven Collins etc.

What type of offense do ya'll think we are going to run? Any chance we move to the spread? If so, we will probably need some of these guys. I would like to see an upgrade with us taking Smith, Chase, Waddle, and/or Pitts however, I could see us holding onto Parker, Williams, Grant, and Bowden.
How many WRs do you think we can realistically carry?

Back
Top Bottom