Excellent article | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Excellent article

GREAT post. Loved reading it. Thinking Draft wise, if they are following that then pick is definitely Tua as he's by far the most accurate hands down throughout his career.

Whatever..

The real difference is actually being able to TEACH players...
Teaching a young relatively wealthy egocentric super athlete to be a disciplined self motivated worker is very difficult.
Bellicheck understands all of the ingredients necessary to create a culture where his whole staff work with the right kind of guys (who Want to learn) and having a Lawrence Taylor or a Tom Brady or a Kyle Van Noy that keeps guys in line on the field..

Hyde has no idea what he’s talking about...so what if a coach wants a mauler on his o line...we had that with that clown that caused a national headline disaster when that punk screamed he was bullied.

This article is beyond stupid....

we Dolphin fans are collectively traumatized because our jackass owner has no relationship skills - just because you’re rich does not mean you have any clue about human development...

our jackass owner has stumbled on Coach Flores - guys IMO we hit the lottery!

Flores knows how to develop players and cares about people...extremely rare qualities I’m a coach.

Take Devante Parker - tons of natural talent -and before Flores no one around him to help him develop..Flores understands how to help him access his abilities and boom he’s a top receiver....

Flores has what Shula had - the King thing!!!

Take Devante Parker - tons of natural talent -and before Flores no one around him to help him develop..Flores understands how to help him access his abilities and boom he’s a top receiver....

Let’s not forget that DVP also had career-saving incentives to get it going. It starts with a player’s commitment to their craft.

I am sure I am not the first to point this out buuuuuut, 1991 was a long time ago.

Belichick might have adjusted his feelings a little, maybe.

And I am all for copying some of the things the Patriots have done but they are not the only team to win in the last 20 years.

So there is more than one way to do this.

My Patriots playbook would start this way:

Step 1

Luck into a Hall Of Fame QB who consistently takes less money than he could get.

Fantastic article. Thanks @dolphinheel for posting this!

I wanna jump right in, but I'll avoid the urge to break down everything. Of note, the OL and QB positions bear a lot of scrutiny. NONE of the QB's excel in all of the 5 areas. For instance, if I had to guess as to weightings (scales) and a total score, here would be my estimation:

PlayerDecisions 1-10Arm 1-8Size 1-6Toughness -1-5Leadership 1-4Total
Joe Burrow10444426
Tua Tagliavioloa9523423
Justin Herbert6762122
Jacob Eason6864329
Jordan Love3743320

I'm completley making up these scales based on a weighting that does not exist. It could be Decisions is twice as important as anything else, or that the other items are equally weighted ... or something else. And, these are my estimations, and I'm sure all of the snarky people will like to NOT give their own evaluations, but rather just take pot shots at individual people or ratings with which they disagree. But, I'm putting myself out there. using the criteria mentioned in the article, and assigning weights (scales) that assume most important to least important, I'm assigning scores. Personally, these outcomes reflect my opinions on who we should draft and why. Everyone has a different opinion, so please let me know yours ... we're all having a civil discussion, not snarky sniping, so let's all be cordial. :)

NOTE: I graded Toughness for the mental attribute, and did not include durability, which should be calculated in there somewhere as well. Accuracy is not listed anywhere, nor is Precision, but I'm certain they are at the top of mind when considering any QB in this system.

As I said, opinions may differ.

Last edited:
Let’s not forget that DVP also had career-saving incentives to get it going. It starts with a player’s commitment to their craft.
I agree yes but also took a staff to figure out how to connect w him. Something clicked for sure.

I wanna jump right in, but I'll avoid the urge to break down everything. Of note, the OL and QB positions bear a lot of scrutiny. NONE of the QB's excel in all of the 5 areas. For instance, if I had to guess as to weightings (scales) and a total score, here would be my estimation:

Joe Burrow10444426
Tua Tagliavioloa9523423
Justin Herbert6762122
Jacob Eason6864329
Jordan Love3743320

I'm completley making up these scales based on a weighting that does not exist. It could be Decisions is twice as important as anything else, or that the other items are equally weighted ... or something else. And, these are my estimations, and I'm sure all of the snarky people will like to NOT give their own evaluations, but rather just take pot shots at individual people or ratings with which they disagree. But, I'm putting myself out there. using the criteria mentioned in the article, and assigning weights (scales) that assume most important to least important, I'm assigning scores. Personally, these outcomes reflect my opinions on who we should draft and why. Everyone has a different opinion, so please let me know yours ... we're all having a civil discussion, not snarky sniping, so let's all be cordial. :)

NOTE: I graded Toughness for the mental attribute, and did not include durability, which should be calculated in there somewhere as well. Accuracy is not listed anywhere, nor is Precision, but I'm certain they are at the top of mind when considering any QB in this system.

You are very welcome. There are a lot of fans on this forum suffering from the beaten wife syndrome, losing is part of their psyche. Fact is I come to this forum with a little perspective—I’ve been a fan longer than most of these mavens have even been alive—54 years. Yes 54. Anyone who cannot accept BB/Pats recipe for NFL success are complete morons. Like it or not Flo is following that player evaluation plan to a tee in FA and DRAFT, and anyone who cannot see that is willfully blind

Last edited:

Joe Burrow10444426
Tua Tagliavioloa9523423
Justin Herbert6762122
Jacob Eason6864329
Jordan Love3743320

One more thing. Obviously LEADERSHIP is the primary characteristic that Flo and BB value in a QB, over mobilty, arm strength, accuracy, etc. Consider that fact and understand why Rosen isn’t playing and Fitz is, and why we won’t be drafting Herbert. Ignore these facts at your own ignorance

Back
Top Bottom