Expectations for Jordan Howard?

Fin-Loco

Grilling Chicken Little
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
Screen Shot 2020-03-28 at 8.21.15 AM.png
Just like everyone, I remember a dominant Jordan Howard when he was a Bear. Had him on my fantasy teaming '16 and he was killing it. Then the next year he declined just a little but was still 1,122 yds. Then his numbers declined south of 1K in Chicago because the focus shifted to the passing game with Trubisky. In that year he had a lot of short yardage TDs. Then he went to Philly and got a bad stinger that took him out for a while. https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelp...gles-running-backs-miles-sanders-boston-scott

Then he went to Philly and seemed to suffer from the emergence of Miles Sanders who had 818 yds rushing.

So anyways, screw those other teams. Now he's 25 and a Dolphin. What are we thinking we're going to get out of him? Also, are you excited we have him?

I’m not expecting him to be a bell cow or some superstar rb. Just hit the holes and run hard, which seems to be what he can do. I seem to remember him having issues catching the ball at times? I think with another added player we could have a solid backfield

Also anytime a player goes to IU i will root for them even though they aren’t “my team, ND. Have a similar feeling to players from about any Indiana program lol

I'm hoping he can stay healthy and contribute to the team in the same or close to the capacity he's done in the past. Perhaps not the dominant RB in Chicago, but a multi dimensional player who's a threat, when he's on the field.

I think the reason we signed him is because he’s all purpose. Good receiver, blocker and a hard runner. Good in short yardage
We haven't had an all around back like him in some time. I'm hoping he can help develop laird and gaskins with blocking.

I expect us to draft a RB somewhere between picks 26, 39, 56, and 70. I expect Howard to then share the load with whoever we pick. I think Howard may start the season as the number 1, but eventually moves to our number 2 RB. Now I see his stats playing out solely based on who we draft. If we get someone like D.Swift or C.Akers I see Howard probably losing even more touches, as Swift is a threat on 3rd downs. If we get J.Taylor, Howard may still be our feature back on 3rd down.

Agree Ballage needs to go
I agree wholeheartedly @Travis34 . It took a while for the other fans to see what we saw long ago.

I was just about Ballage's only critic before last year. From the moment we drafted him I just didn't see a quality NFL player, and took a lot of abuse. Now that he has been given the limelight, he has shown what I always saw ... a guy who fades in that limelight, because he just has straight ahead speed ... and size, no wiggle, no other RB skills.

Back
Top Bottom