Expectations for Jordan Howard? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Expectations for Jordan Howard?

Howard I like. He may not be the fierce RB he was years ago, but I'm expecting short yardage and grind out games. He should be in a rotation for the majority of the game, and he can be a feature back if our other co-starter at RB gets injured. But all in all, I'm not looking to get bell-cow back carries out of him. RB is a punishing position the way Howard plays, and he may only be 25, but his body has taken a lot of punishment. Let's keep using him in roles for short yardage and killing off games. Work him into the rotation so the other guy is a different style RB. Then if the Dolphins have a shot at the playoffs, Howard can be healthy for the playoffs.

Seems crazy to say Dolphins and Playoffs in the same breath, but hey, so did Brady leaving the Patriots voluntarily a few months ago.

I agree wholeheartedly @Travis34 . It took a while for the other fans to see what we saw long ago.

I was just about Ballage's only critic before last year.

I don't think you were a minority in that assessment at all.

In fact, the knocks on him pre-draft were lack of vision, and playing "smaller" than his size.

Aside from the 1 long run 2 years ago, he has really never shown any exceptional skill.

There were a few delusional blind a$$ fans banging the drum for him, but it was more noise, than quantity.

600 all purpose yards and 3 TDs. I see him splitting with RB TBD in the draft
Only 37.5 ypg average all purpose yards? Really?

Are you thinking he touches the ball less than 10 times/gm?

If that's the case, it was a ridiculously boneheaded signing. If we brought him in behind a top tier back, that's one thing, but as of now he is the best, most experienced guy on the roster.

I'm thinking 1000+ APY, and 8 TDs.

I am of the view that Miami's running game is the key to making significant improvement in terms of wins in 2020 - we basically had zilch in 2019. I happen to think that we should devote a high draft pick to a RB (late 1st or early 2nd) to try to find our stud. I like Swift, Dobbins and Taylor - all look really good to me. However, the acquisition of Jordan Howard was also a great pick up in free agency. I think he is good and when fully healthy a big part of the equation if we roll with RB by committee. Where there was a lot of speculation that we should sign Melvin Gordon at much bigger bucks, Jordan Howard is less drama, better team oriented and lower cost form of insurance.

He’s an average NFL RB. For this team, he’s a monumental upgrade. If paired with the right complimentary rookie we could see an above average yield from that spot. I think it’s very likely we actually draft 2 RBs, probably at 56 or 70 and likely another with one with one of our 5ths. I don’t expect to see a WR in the first 3 rounds despite all the clamoring on this board

More will have to do with health and the OL so predicting numbers isn’t prudent.

Howard is a start to bringing competency to the position. Whatever gets Ballage off the roster faster is a plus in my book.

I’m liking Cam Akers, Edwards-Helaire at 70 and the App State kid, Darrynton Evans, with one of the 5ths.

I think a lot of WRs are going to go higher than they should while a lot of RBs will go lower than they should this year.

I agree wholeheartedly @Travis34 . It took a while for the other fans to see what we saw long ago.

I was just about Ballage's only critic before last year. From the moment we drafted him I just didn't see a quality NFL player, and took a lot of abuse. Now that he has been given the limelight, he has shown what I always saw ... a guy who fades in that limelight, because he just has straight ahead speed ... and size, no wiggle, no other RB skills.
He has zero field vision and no anticipation whatsoever... He lacks that natural instinct, that's why he won't stick much longer. It was clearly evident in the film.

I think he’s the starter Danny but we will draft one and he’ll get a good amount of carries there will be a committee
I think he'll be the started going into "camp" but I'd hope that whoever we draft will be RB1 at some point during the season. I agree that both will play. Very hard to see just one RB carry the load anymore in the NFL

Hey all,
View attachment 42660
Just like everyone, I remember a dominant Jordan Howard when he was a Bear. Had him on my fantasy teaming '16 and he was killing it. Then the next year he declined just a little but was still 1,122 yds. Then his numbers declined south of 1K in Chicago because the focus shifted to the passing game with Trubisky. In that year he had a lot of short yardage TDs. Then he went to Philly and got a bad stinger that took him out for a while. https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelp...gles-running-backs-miles-sanders-boston-scott

Then he went to Philly and seemed to suffer from the emergence of Miles Sanders who had 818 yds rushing.

So anyways, screw those other teams. Now he's 25 and a Dolphin. What are we thinking we're going to get out of him? Also, are you excited we have him?

Short term fix. Miami will draft Dobbins

Back
Top Bottom