Explanation Please??? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Explanation Please???

crazy...don't know where its comin from

Who knows but im sure the jets arnt that stupid. They will sign there #1 pick dont worry. They dont have Cheech and Chong doing the math for em.

JEST FAN.....read up on "signing bonuses" or "guaranteed money" and you'll see what I'm talking about.

At #6, the player will be getting a deal worth many millions and most definately a big signing bonus as part of that.

And....what a lot of people don't know is that the bonus IS included as part of the cap but is prorated over the length of the contract. BUT....there is a rule that all bonus money has to be paid within 2 years of the close of the CBA.

Now that there's talk of owner's voiding the new CBA agreement, the JEST are looking to be in big trouble if that happens which it looks like it will.

Yes elandre... I'm sure they'll sign their #1 pick but will they have any $ left to sign the rest??...That was the point I was making..

Of course, they may still restructure/release players to help their cap but in any case they definately OVERPAID so far

JEST FAN.....read up on "signing bonuses" or "guaranteed money" and you'll see what I'm talking about.

At #6, the player will be getting a deal worth many millions and most definately a big signing bonus as part of that.

And....what a lot of people don't know is that the bonus IS included as part of the cap but is prorated over the length of the contract. BUT....there is a rule that all bonus money has to be paid within 2 years of the close of the CBA.

Now that there's talk of owner's voiding the new CBA agreement, the JEST are looking to be in big trouble if that happens which it looks like it will.

If there isn't a new CBA agreement, in an un-capped year, the Jets can cut players without cap repercussions.

And I don't need to read up on signing bonuses or guaranteed money, I included them in the projections. No offense, but I think Mike Tannenbaum knows more about them than either one of us. A lawyer hired by Bill Parcells to handle the cap wouldn't be throwing out all this guaranteed money if he knew it would put them in cap hell. If there's one thing he knows, it's that.

Yes elandre... I'm sure they'll sign their #1 pick but will they have any $ left to sign the rest??...That was the point I was making..

Of course, they may still restructure/release players to help their cap but in any case they definately OVERPAID so far

Hey trust me i hate the jets! Should be interesting what they do about it :D

I'm pretty sure the jets know what they're doing as far as the cap is involved. I don't think we're done either .. it's been a little quiet the past couple days so I feel some good signings are about to happen.

making faneca the best paid lineman in history and overpaying a LB that had one good year in pace has to be a concern . i hope they get in cap hell !!!!!!...... also i hope pace breaks a leg in the first play of preseason and faneca plays like **** all year ...jejejejejejejejej

They were $33M under to start ($28.8M + $4.3M by pushing Abram Elam's money to the '07 cap). They saved $6-8M by cutting McCareins/Clarke/Dyson and trading Vilma. They'll save a little over $8M by trading/cutting D-Rob. Jenkins' cap charge is $6M. The other cap charges for this year aren't out yet, but just going on average, Faneca's base will be low early on and have about a $9-10M cap charge. Averaging out Pace/Woody, they will have a $15M.

Overall, before restructuring a few other contracts and possibly trading Coles, they're anywhere between $15-20M.

They haven't traded D-Rob yet, don't count your chickens before they get traded. So IF you are correct they have around 9-14 Million right now.

They obviously feel they must go full boat in FA and their current talent level is not where they need to be to even sniff the evil empire. All of this and they still have draft picks to sign and pay for. How can they keep the #6 pick? Trading down seems to be part of the plan.

Just because money is available don't mean you throw it around. Signs of desperation and now or never. That kind of attitude has helped plenty(sic).

Build through the draft. If the FAs don't pan out or screw what chemistry they had on that team it could not happen to a better franchise. Unloading Robertson would be a mistake in my opinion and all for it! Screw the Green Sludge. Let's build via the draft and see them throw their money around.

They haven't traded D-Rob yet, don't count your chickens before they get traded. So IF you are correct they have around 9-14 Million right now.

If he's not traded, they'll just release him. They will approach the rest of free agency and the draft knowing $8.3M will be off the books by June 1.

They obviously feel they must go full boat in FA and their current talent level is not where they need to be to even sniff the evil empire. All of this and they still have draft picks to sign and pay for. How can they keep the #6 pick? Trading down seems to be part of the plan.

Just because money is available don't mean you throw it around. Signs of desperation and now or never. That kind of attitude has helped plenty(sic).

Build through the draft. If the FAs don't pan out or screw what chemistry they had on that team it could not happen to a better franchise. Unloading Robertson would be a mistake in my opinion and all for it! Screw the Green Sludge. Let's build via the draft and see them throw their money around.

Your first point is correct, and so then your second point isn't. They have to acquire and overpay for talent, there was a severe lack of it on the team. But they're still going to build through the draft. They just need to get more talent in here ASAP, or else they'll have another 4-5 win season.

If they release robertson id like us to pick him up.

I don't think Parcells would. I'm assuming with Parcells, you'll be running a 3-4. He's not a good fit. His size and technique are average for a NT, and his arms are too short to play DE. He'll end up going to a 4-3 team and be a 3-tech. Even in that position with the Jets, he had 1 good year out of 3.

Back
Top Bottom