F Dan Patrick, and Peter King | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

F Dan Patrick, and Peter King

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
On espn radio today they were talking about Dan Marino. Patrick posed the question "who would you rather be Dan Marino or Mark Rypien." Talking about how Dan may be the best QB ever, but he is haunted by the fact that he never won the big one. The King chimes in with "Dan Marino is no where near the best QB ever." Then no one chimed in to put up a fight for Dan. The convo instantly went to Elway.

This gets me so angry! Football is the ultimate team sport. Dispite that Marino has one of the best records of the great QBs, and never had a great team. He carried for the most part a mediocre team to something like 11 playoff trips in 16 years. He is 2nd in 4th quarter comebacks. If it wasn't for the strike he would have held the record for most consecutive games played by a QB untill Farve came around. Then you add in the fact that he holds just about every passing record there is. The fact that he didn't have Jerry Rice to throw to or runnings backs like Terrel Davis or Roger Craig and benifitted from amazing defenses does nothing to tarnish his great career. Elways' stats to come close to Marino. Montana's can't even be in the same league with Dan's. Its a joke if you ask me.

Originally posted by Dajesus
On espn radio today they were talking about Dan Marino. Patrick posed the question "who would you rather be Dan Marino or Mark Rypien." Talking about how Dan may be the best QB ever, but he is haunted by the fact that he never won the big one. The King chimes in with "Dan Marino is no where near the best QB ever." Then no one chimed in to put up a fight for Dan. The convo instantly went to Elway.

This gets me so angry! Football is the ultimate team sport. Dispite that Marino has one of the best records of the great QBs, and never had a great team. He carried for the most part a mediocre team to something like 11 playoff trips in 16 years. He is 2nd in 4th quarter comebacks. If it wasn't for the strike he would have held the record for most consecutive games played by a QB untill Farve came around. Then you add in the fact that he holds just about every passing record there is. The fact that he didn't have Jerry Rice to throw to or runnings backs like Terrel Davis or Roger Craig and benifitted from amazing defenses does nothing to tarnish his great career. Elways' stats to come close to Marino. Montana's can't even be in the same league with Dan's. Its a joke if you ask me.
It's all about the ring

How can Elway even be considered the best QB ever with a QB rating below 80 in the modern era is beyond me. He's #5, no higher(Marino, Montana, Unitas, & Favre).

Well, Montana does belong in the same league with Marino. Elway to me has never been the man imo. He is great, but I just don't see him as being one of the greatest ever. Maybe its his horse teeth, I don't know.

Originally posted by Samphin
Well, Montana does belong in the same league with Marino. Elway to me has never been the man imo. He is great, but I just don't see him as being one of the greatest ever. Maybe its his horse teeth, I don't know.
Montana: 4-0 in Superbowls...in those games he's thrown 11tds, and 0 picks.

Enough of the crying about the "lack of talent" Marino had around him. Marino had a whole hell of alot more talent than Brady had on his 2001 team

Originally posted by CirclingWagons

Montana: 4-0 in Superbowls...in those games he's thrown 11tds, and 0 picks.

Enough of the crying about the "lack of talent" Marino had around him. Marino had a whole hell of alot more talent than Brady had on his 2001 team
or this year's as well

Originally posted by Noland
From what I see and Hear There are alot of Dolphins haters that are reporters I don't know why.
probably because they've lost and assload of money betting on you guys to go to the superbowl every year;)

Circling, no way did Marino have more talent as a whole than this Patriots team. The entire time Marino was with Miami, they virtually had no D and running backs who broke 1000 ONCE in his career. The only position (other that qb) that Miami had more talent than New England at was at wide reciever with Duper and Clayton.

There is no way New England goes anywhere if you transfer their current team with any of Miami's teams during the Marino era. By your logic, Trent Dilfer is better than Marino, Vick, Kelly, and a whole bunch others. Please, the ring doesn't mean everything.

or this year's as well

Just one of the best defenses in the league, and the fact that he never throws the ball past 10 yards. Rypien didn't have great players around him, but he was on a great team with great coaching.

Marino had one 1000 yard rusher in his career(Karim Abdul-Jabar 1996) and until JJ got here, horrendous defense most of the time. He's No.3 on my list, behind Montana and Unitas. Elway is 4th, and either Farve or Steve Young is 5th.

probably because they've lost and assload of money betting on you guys to go to the superbowl every year;)

That is probably true they chose the dolphins to win the SB or go to the playoffs and they always under achieve.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom