F Dan Patrick, and Peter King | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

F Dan Patrick, and Peter King

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG

Those teams definitely aren't playing the 84 49ers either
yeah, but they did beat the 14-2 2001 Rams...who, if i'm not mistaken, put up more points than those niners.

Didn't we end up going to the Super Bowl this year? Didn't I say Marino had better receivers? All you really did was validate my point there. Also, it took three guys to rush for 350 more yards than one guy up in New England, not exactly the same thing either.

Also, I would take Montana's offense over the Rams one year wonder any day of the week and twice on Sundays. I know you are saying best offense of their respective eras but we both know that the Niners offense was better. Also, the Patriots defense was better than the Dolphins D. You said it yourself.

By the way, put Brady on that 1984 Dolphins club and see how far they go. That is my point. Marino made those numbers. Brayd is a system quarterback ( a good one at that) where as Marino in his prime could basically turn crap into respectability.

Originally posted by Samphin
Didn't we end up going to the Super Bowl this year? Didn't I say Marino had better recievers? All you really did was validate my point there. Also, it took three guys to rush for 350 more yards than one guy up in New England, not exactly the same thing either.

Also, I would take Montana's offense over the Rams one year wonder any day of the week and twice on Sundays. I know you are saying best offense of their respective eras but we both know that the Niners offense was better. Also, the Patriots defense was better than the Dolphins D. You said it yourself.

By the way, put Brady on that 1984 Dolphins club and see how far they go. That is my point. Marino made those numbers. Brayd is a system quarterback ( a good one at that) where as Marino in his prime could basically turn crap into respectability.
lmao...that offense was killer for 3 straight years Sam...one year wonder?...damn, how homeristic can you people get? And by the way, I was disputing Muck's post with those stats. Yards is Yards, and they rushed for the same if not more yards than New England did. Rams, aside from Qb. had better personnel at almost every offensive position than the 84 niner. Holt, Bruce, Faulk were better than Dwight Clark, whoever their RB was(was it Craig yet?), etc.

Circling, you're a bills fan and obviously are skewed on the matter. I can see where you're coming fom I really can, but to say Marino wasn't clutch or didn't come through in big games in ludicrous. To sa that Marino was surrounded by marquee talent is ludicrous. To say that a player is great based only on statistics is ludicrous as well.

Brady is nowhere near Marino, nor will he be even if he wins four rings. Montana was entirely a system QB and I think very overrated. He was clutch at big times though and that's why people think he's better than he is. Just like Brady.

Best QB's? Bart Starr was pretty good if you're going off championships. Marino was great, Montana as well (though numbers say Young was better), Elway was not in Marino's class. No way.

Fun thread though, this is what sports is all about. Everyone has an opinion and it doesn't have to be right or wrong to be fun to talk about.

The 84 49ers are arguably the best team ever.

Noone is putting those 92 Rams in that class.

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
yeah, but they did beat the 14-2 2001 Rams...who, if i'm not mistaken, put up more points than those niners.

Circle, those Dolphin defenses sucked..........they didn't force turnovers and couldn't stop the run.

79-82'..........Good Dolphin D.

83'........Average D

84'- 90'...............Pathetic Dolphin D.

91'- 94'..............good again.

95'-97'.............Crap again.

98'-present......Good to Great D.

Circling, you're a bills fan and obviously are skewed on the matter. I can see where you're coming fom I really can, but to say Marino wasn't clutch or didn't come through in big games in ludicrous. To sa that Marino was surrounded by marquee talent is ludicrous. To say that a player is great based only on statistics is ludicrous as well.

Brady is nowhere near Marino, nor will he be even if he wins four rings. Montana was entirely a system QB and I think very overrated. He was clutch at big times though and that's why people think he's better than he is. Just like Brady.

Best QB's? Bart Starr was pretty good if you're going off championships. Marino was great, Montana as well (though numbers say Young was better), Elway was not in Marino's class. No way.

Fun thread though, this is what sports is all about. Everyone has an opinion and it doesn't have to be right or wrong to be fun to talk about.
I see where you're coming from as well...but I didnt say Brady was better...in fact, I think the only one I've said so far that was better than Dan, was Montana. System qb?...whatever, he won and won and won and won and won. What if Marino had a good running back?...then he wouldnt be holding these damn records most likely....and I also didnt insinuate that Miami had marquee talent--but enough to win a SB. Think of the 85 title game, think of the 92 title game...right were 2 golden opportunites

Circling, I say one hit wonder because, really they only won one championship right :lol: However, its late and I am tired of this pissing ocntest since we are obviously going to just urn in circles here ( Really now, do either of us expect the other to turn around sometime tonight, or ever and say my gosh! You are right!) :lol: So I will just call it a night and leave with my usuall have a nice day. Thanks for the conversation though. Hopefully it was good for you. Perhaps I should rephrase that....nah....

Have a nice day. :)

The snow plow game?!!!! We got ****ed and you know it if you remember that game.

Sure we had opportunties. The Bills team was better that year. I didn't mean to say you said Brady was better, it just came across as Brady being better on my end. I will disagree on Montanta till the end of time though, so we shouldn't get into that. Young, Montana, Garcia all almost the exact same numbers when Walsh and co were around with that offense.

He did win, but he sure had alot of help. Clark got almost twelve feet in the air for that catch. Amazing for a guy that size. Montana is a HOF guy, as are alot of other QB's who aren't in Marino's class.

Originally posted by Samphin
Circling, I say one hit wonder because, really they only won one championship right :lol: However, its late and I am tired of this pissing ocntest since we are obviously going to just urn in circles here ( Really now, do either of us expect the other to turn around sometime tonight, or ever and say my gosh! You are right!) :lol: So I will just call it a night and leave with my usuall have a nice day. Thanks for the conversation though. Hopefully it was good for you. Perhaps I should rephrase that....nah....

Have a nice day. :)
Let's end this conversation the old-fashioned way:

Dolphins Suck:lol:

The snow plow game?!!!! We got ****ed and you know it if you remember that game.

Sure we had opportunties. The Bills team was better that year. I didn't mean to say you said Brady was better, it just came across as Brady being better on my end. I will disagree on Montanta till the end of time though, so we shouldn't get into that. Young, Montana, Garcia all almost the exact same numbers when Walsh and co were around with that offense.

He did win, but he sure had alot of help. Clark got almost twelve feet in the air for that catch. Amazing for a guy that size. Montana is a HOF guy, as are alot of other QB's who aren't in Marino's class.
i thought the snowplow game was just a regular playoff game in the early 80s?

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
i thought the snowplow game was just a regular playoff game in the early 80s?

The Snow Plow game was a game for first place in 82', as it turned out it didn't matter as we avenged that loss in the First Round of the Playoffs in Blow-Out Fashion.

I was very young, so it may have been two years before. But I am almost positive it was the 85 championship game to go the Super Bowl for the Pats.

If not, my childhood memory of my first football game is very skewed

Originally posted by Section126

The Snow Plow game was a game for first place in 82', as it turned out it didn't matter as we avenged that loss in the First Round of the Playoffs in Blow-Out Fashion.

:eek:

Isn't it ironic...

LOL....tells ya why...I would have been three during that game then

Back
Top Bottom