FA who could improve Fins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FA who could improve Fins

hell no on mjd...hes at that stage where backs get dinged up a lot and fall off the table soon...no thanks

Who do you think would be good free agent signings that could improve Miami in the offseason?

Dude!, that's exactly what I have been thinking these last few weeks: FA in the offseason. Talk about a vital time for us to go from good to very good...we cannot screw up then. Fortify our o-line is of prime importance - paramount!

We shared the same wave of thought: FA. (Also give Grimes an extension.)

I agree with this. Adding Mack at center is going to be cheaper than Albert at OT. Move Pouncey to guard, draft a tackle, and sign McKinnie for cheap. All of a sudden this line is a lot better at the cost of one FA and one pick. Maybe someone else steps up like Thomas, Yeatman, or Brenner.

That's ideal.

One good addition on the O line like Mack makes the whole line better and Pouncey can move over.

As far as other free agents...we'll have our hands full keeping our own. Our D is going to be dismantled.

hell no on mjd...hes at that stage where backs get dinged up a lot and fall off the table soon...no thanks

Why not? He can still push a pile. He is of high character. Excellent in pass pro and catching the ball. Yes, he is approaching 30, but he would not be a full time guy. He is good balance off of Miller. Don't sleep on the fact that Miller's development has been stunted by not having a veteran in the RB room to help him along.

Anyone that Ireland doesn't want would help us a lot.

Ozzy rules!!

Ben Tate would be an interesting scenario. But the dude just can't stay healthy

Ben Tate would be an interesting scenario. But the dude just can't stay healthy

yep...and he's gonna get paid like he can...

mjd as a one year rental isn't an awful idea i guess but you better have someone ready to take his place come week 6 when he's missing practices and on the injury report every week...if he doesn't go on ir with something serious...

we need someone though who can handle himself in pass pro in this heavy pass o and run thru freaking contact and make someone miss i know that

I wish we could find a way to keep both Starks and Soliai but it seems to be a foregone conclusion that we lose one of them, likely Starks. Starks is a total stud and you don't build a great team letting them get away. I'm afraid our D tackle situation will go from an excellent strength to middling. In years past, pre Bowens, we had a terrible time developing DTs. I guess I'm still traumatized by trying to rationalize that Chuck Klingbeil and Brian Sochia were good.

Correct me if I am wrong if he's not a FA, but I really do like Giacomini, RT for Seattle.

problem with dts in the draft especially is they are such a dicey position to hit on...very difficult position to evaluate and get right so if you got one you better not let him go...i wouldn't want to be making a high dt pick i know that much

rarely cant miss from that position...so many busts and bums

DT is one of the hardest positions for a rookie to come in and help.

Yeah, but you only need to sign one of Soliai or Starks. Then you'd have the one, Odrick, rookie, and is it Shelby?

I agree. I would sign Soliai of the two and toss Odrick at the other DT spot. It will never happen, but Soliai gives you flexibility to move to a 3-4.

If the Saints don't franchise Graham I can almost guarantee we'll make a run at him.

Back
Top Bottom