FA who could improve Fins | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FA who could improve Fins

If anyone gets a franchise tag it should be Graham. You can't let a game-changing player leave.

It'll be interesting to see how they play it, they are already committed to spending more than they are allowed for next season, meaning they already have to cut some players just to get even, they'll have to cut even more to keep Graham. It'll also be interesting to see if he tries to get tagged as a wide receiver, ironically the Mike Wallace deal could play a role in us getting a crack at Graham if the Saints can't afford to tag him as a WR.

Tagged. The Raiders have a ton of cap room. He is not leaving.

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

I want a veteran RB. MJD interests me. He is a leader. Wants to win. Good in the passing game.

Would love him or Ben Tate. Problem is how much $$$$. Resigning the best talent already here should take priority, as well as improving the Oline. A small splurge on a veteran back is well worth it though. Tate and MJD both have concerns but worth the risk IMO.

Sign

Brent Grimes CB
Chris Clemons S
Paul Soliai DT
Jon Asamoah RG
Breno Giacomini RT
Rodger Saffold LT

Draft

Cyril Richardson LG
Jace Amaro TE
Timmy Jernigan DT
Denzel Perryman ILB
James Wilder Jr. RB
Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB
Brandon Linder OG

Rodger Saffold LT is the only guy right now, I'd consider.

Branden Albert
I second that. If Miami is able to solve the LT position with a proven player like Branden Albert then that really opens up the draft possibilities. The Dolphins wouldn't have to pick an OT in the first, but still could if a good one fell. The team could also take one of the weapons in the passing game like Amaro, Ebron or one of the top receivers. A corner in R1 could also be a possibility and then come back in R2 to get the best offensive lineman.

I wish we could find a way to keep both Starks and Soliai but it seems to be a foregone conclusion that we lose one of them, likely Starks. Starks is a total stud and you don't build a great team letting them get away. I'm afraid our D tackle situation will go from an excellent strength to middling. In years past, pre Bowens, we had a terrible time developing DTs. I guess I'm still traumatized by trying to rationalize that Chuck Klingbeil and Brian Sochia were good.
That's an excellent point. This past offseason was dedicated to getting faster, pressure players on D. That was a good philosophy in many ways, but the team is not as good against the run because of some of those moves (specifically at linebacker).

If Miami loses Starks, I'd look for the team to draft a DT pretty high in the draft. It's definitely a positiion where you want to stay strong -- case in point being NE. The Patriots defensive line has remained a strong suit during their 10 plus years of dominance.

Branden Albert is not worth paying Jake Long type money. No way.

Anthony Collins is a much better solution.

I second that. If Miami is able to solve the LT position with a proven player like Branden Albert then that really opens up the draft possibilities. The Dolphins wouldn't have to pick an OT in the first, but still could if a good one fell. The team could also take one of the weapons in the passing game like Amaro, Ebron or one of the top receivers. A corner in R1 could also be a possibility and then come back in R2 to get the best offensive lineman.
Yup that will open up BPA, an impact player at either side of the ball in the 1st round. Add Albert, MJD/Tate, maybe an upgrade starter at RT or Guard if something worth it is available/affordable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Albert would seem to be the obvious choice, and I did want him last year to protect RT's blind side, and help in his development. I was thinking of one of Ireland's contracts to pay him for 2-3 years and then be able to move on. This year, I don't want him.

Consider the cost this year as opposed to last year in years, and the team's needs vs what he can now provide. He is VG in pass protect in KC. However, KC runs the ball very well, Throws less than 100 times more than us, and does not throw deep. Add in that he is below average in run blocking, and gets called for a lot of penalties (9) in this KC O.

I have to pass. He is not that good, and likely would not be in our O.

IF Tanneill had a run game like KC with Charles, how much of a difference would it make with a much less pricey LT? JMO

OT B. Albert, HB D. McFadden, TE JerMichael Finley

OT Antonio Richardson, WR Kelvin Benjamin, OG Gabe Jackson, MLB Greg Blair, RB D' Anthony Thomas

Back
Top Bottom