Fact about Marcus Vick..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fact about Marcus Vick.....

THE OG CANEPHINS

formally known as CANEPHINS
Reaction score
Say what you will about giving someone a shot or a chance.....HOWEVER, we have seen this before. Cecil Collins anyone? How about Lawrence Phillips? Lets look a just a little background on Vick.

Ole Marcus gets kicked off the team and spends a year living with his big brother, who has just given a girl an STD and used an Alias when he gave it to her. But I digress...he lives with him for a year. He learns the values of respect, honor, hard work, and comittment. He shadows Michael everywhere. He is learning what it is like to be a pro athlete. He goes everywhere Mike does....he does everything Mike does...he eats, sleeps and does what Mike tells him to do. Mike never lets him out of his sight. Ole Marcus runs a clean ship for a year. He appoligizes to everyone. He says he has grown up. He says he is a man now and no longer the punk kid that got into trouble. They let him back on the team and he commits transgression upon transgression upon...etc. Then when he is kicked off the team again his response was, "that is fine cause I am going to the NFL anyway". YEAH...REAL GOOD CHARACTER PERSON HERE!!!

So now we are at the draft...we see pieces on him all over the coverage. he says he is a top flight QB and has a better arm than Mike and is a more complete QB than his brother. In all honesty...it doesn't take much to be a more complete QB than Mike Vick. This is not a person one would want on their team....any team...and especially this team.

I am tired of being the team that gives the person a chance. All it does it come back to bite us in the *** everytime.

cp, it's a low risk move- it's not like we spent a 1st rounder on him. if he doesn't work out, nothing lost. if he does, we got something for nothing. either he has grown up or he hasn't, and regardless of what he does, it won't even be a skid mark on the underpants of the miami dolphins organization. ;)

exactly marcus vick is nothing but a criminal try hard scum bag i will sream if we sign him i nearly choked when i saw we were gonna give him a try out this can only spell disaster do marcus vick=bad

What I worry about is that he does make the team...

Phishstix said:
cp, it's a low risk move- it's not like we spent a 1st rounder on him. if he doesn't work out, nothing lost. if he does, we got something for nothing. either he has grown up or he hasn't, and regardless of what he does, it won't even be a skid mark on the underpants of the miami dolphins organization. ;)

He sits on the bench for a couple of years and in that time he does, ONCE AGAIN, something stupid that now puts shame on the organization and damages what we are building here under Saban. I agree with the fact that if he doesn't get a contract then it is nothing gained, nothing lost. But I worry when he does get it and then down the line when he gets bored with being a backup QB or developmental QB and then goes out on South Beach and screws up one more time.

Well, obviously I don't post here a lot....

dominizzo said:
cane Phins u ahve been here since 2001 u have only 99 posts wooowww im shocked

But I go way back. I am one of the old school posters from the old boards. As Ohall about me. Work keeps me very busy and on game days I am on my site. I supported AJ back in the day when he was just starting this site up. But, this place is to big for its own good...in my very honest opinion. I pop in every now and then....but not often. If I post it is generaly on DolfanTalk.

I dont think you are going to find too many people that are huge fans of Marcus Vicks behavior. But the light bulb may come on and this is a very very low risk. He is not even under contract yet, and even if Saban signs him, he will not be on the opening day roster, at best a developmental squad guy with hopes of playing in Europe next year. If Harrington is here, then at best you are talking about him on the club in 2 years and that should be enough time for Saban and the organization to see if has grown up or still a spoiled piece of ****. If he does mature turns his life around (and that can happen ask Chris Carter he has said in his younger days he was an ***, hey Irving Fryar's wife STABBED him he was such a turd, now he is a minister and there are people in S Florida can tell you how much he meant to the communinty when he was with us) then with his talent he would most likely be dealt for a future draft pick.

He wasn't even signed as an undrafted free agent. Most fans will accept Ricky but they're close minded about bringing a guy in with no risk?

If anybody is interested, here is my Marcus take:

Stick a number in the 30s on him and replace Travis Minor with him (if he can prove he is a trooper on special teams).

Phishstix said:

You said it.
clear.gif
I just don't understand why people want give him a chance if it doesn't work out; fine, no harm done to us, but if it does work out then we have something special. It would be like Michael Vick being traded to us for a 7 round pick but better because we want have to give up that 7th pick.

dominizzo said:
cane Phins u ahve been here since 2001 u have only 99 posts wooowww im shocked

Maybe he prefers quality not quantity.:wink:

Fact is...Marcus Vick is very good at doing the River Dance :D

Back
Top Bottom