Faneca on Fins radar? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Faneca on Fins radar?

finforlife

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Caught this in Salguero's blog on the Herald.

So you heard it here first (actually I wrote this months ago and am going to repeat it): The Dolphins will very likely chase Pittsburgh guard Alan Faneca. Faneca is a Pro Bowl player and a winner. He is also the guy Bill Parcells told the New York Jets they should sign when he talked to that team's braintrust at times during the 2007 season.

Parcells told the Jets that taking Faneca would bring stability to their offensive line and help turn young tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson and young center Nick Mangold into better players. So now I think Parcells will take his own advice because the Dolphins need a fine guard to bring stability to their young center Samson Satele and their left tackle (whoever that will be).

So Alan Faneca is on Miami's radar for sure.

Not sure how I feel about spending a lot of $$$ on a 32-year old guard, but it is a legit point that he should make the rest of the line better and would be a good example for the young guys.

http://dolphinsindepth.blogspot.com/2008/02/dolphins-rule-roost-on-salary-cap-space.html

If the Dolphins are going after Faneca, I don't want too see the team get into some crazy bidding war. This is probably why I've become so gun shy about going after free agents. For years, this team has overpaid for guys WAY TOO OFTEN. Be smart, be sensible, and know your limits!

I would like to have Faneca on this team. I understand he will be 32 by the time the season starts, but dominant guards usually play well until they're about 35-36. I wouldn't mind inking him to a 4 year deal as long as it's not too pricey.

YES BWAHAHHA BEST NEWS YET! IVE BEEN CALLING THIS PICK UP FOR A LONG TIM ENOW! can't wait till it happens (or at least i hope it does) to the ney sayers its ok, we'll pick up a loser for ur likings as well. lerkekrkrkererererer should plz u guys if hes still on teh team eh? great info btw thanks

I would like to have Faneca on this team. I understand he will be 32 by the time the season starts, but dominant guards usually play well until they're about 35-36. I wouldn't mind inking him to a 4 year deal as long as it's not too pricey.

look what kendall is doing for the skins or did actually. how old was he n' hes still performing well and he isnt evne near fanecas level overall.

Faneca would do wonders on this crappy line with carey and satele its beautiful :)

I'm not into spending big on free agents but Fanaca would be worth it as long as is not way too much.I know he's 32 but guard do play into their late 30's sometimes and he's a great player.

Ozzy rules!!

Forget adams i want our OWN ROOKIE LT so he can be here for 10 plus years, we can get a great one at 32

Whats too pricey? 20mil guaranteed like joey? :)

give JP some help esp on that line n he will show u why he is so good. look what he did the 2nd half.

that would be Awsome to Have Samson as our Center Alan Fanca as our LG and Vernon Carey as our LT we would have one of the Best Running games in the NFL

If the Dolphins are going after Faneca, I don't want too see the team get into some crazy bidding war. This is probably why I've become so gun shy about going after free agents. For years, this team has overpaid for guys WAY TOO OFTEN. Be smart, be sensible, and know your limits!

great point on our past... im hoping parcells wont overpay for anybody, lets give him the benefit of the doubt. i feel confident we wont overpay for anyones services

If we can get 3 or 4 years out of him, then that would be great. He's tough, smart & still one o0f the best around. We should also up a tackle/guard with a mid round pick in this years or next years draft, if we dont target one with the 1st couple of picks, and let them learn from him. Rotation rotation rotation.

Back
Top Bottom