Faneca on Fins radar? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Faneca on Fins radar?

Faneca or Flozell will be in Miami. Doubt we get both. I rather spend the $ on Flozell because Sparano knows him very well and LT is the most important position.

Faneca or Flozell will be in Miami. Doubt we get both. I rather spend the $ on Flozell because Sparano knows him very well and LT is the most important position.

He has bad knees, you can see it when he plays. He doesn't get very far down in his stance and has a tendency to lunge and overextend. Now don't get me wrong, he can engulf guys and shut them down. But, when you look at how he plays now he is not elite, and if that is the case he is in the same category as Carey. Why pay this guy all this money a T commands, then only have to resign our own T next year?

If you want to sign a vet O-lineman out of the two then sign Faneca, if he does slow down it is easier to cover up being he is on the inside. If you slow down on the outside as Flozell already has, then it will be apparent for everyone to see.

that would be Awsome to Have Samson as our Center Alan Fanca as our LG and Vernon Carey as our LT we would have one of the Best Running games in the NFL

OK... now dream a little bigger....

Add one of the most physically dominating LT's in the game, Flozell Adams... one of the most respected LG's in the game, Alan Faneca.... move Vernon Carey back to his Pro Bowl position, RT.... add a budding young center, Samson Satele... and find the missing link at RG.

Ready to play tackle football yet?

We would immediately upgrade to one of the best lines in the league. And, would buy ourselves time to draft 2 or 3 lineman this year to groom behind the elder statesmen.

That's could turning around an OLine in a hurry.

And we finally have people in the Front Office who believe in building from the lines first. Which has always been my belief. Now, I might actually get to see the weakest link in this franchise for over a decade turn into a collection of Pro Bowlers.

Paired with Ronnie, Ricky and Booker..... we just built the best friend a young QB could have. A dominant running game.

BTW... Isn't it wonderful to see an emerging program starting to walk out of the SEC basement? And with Joker Phillips secured for the future... this thing is picking up speed.

C! A! T! S!

CATS! CATS! CATS!

could you imagine that line?

Carey/Long at Left or right tackle
faneca
satele
hadnot

that is an above average line if we can get that to work out for us

I say sign Faneca and get two good linemen in this draft. One left tackle and one guy like the G/T type from Auburn or whatever it was. Get him at 32 if possible and get a sleeper in round 3 at LT like Nicks or some other guys. Parcells is no doubt looking at some no names for round 6.

OK... now dream a little bigger....

Add one of the most physically dominating LT's in the game, Flozell Adams... one of the most respected LG's in the game, Alan Faneca.... move Vernon Carey back to his Pro Bowl position, RT.... add a budding young center, Samson Satele... and find the missing link at RG.

Ready to play tackle football yet?

We would immediately upgrade to one of the best lines in the league. And, would buy ourselves time to draft 2 or 3 lineman this year to groom behind the elder statesmen.

That's could turning around an OLine in a hurry.

And we finally have people in the Front Office who believe in building from the lines first. Which has always been my belief. Now, I might actually get to see the weakest link in this franchise for over a decade turn into a collection of Pro Bowlers.

Paired with Ronnie, Ricky and Booker..... we just built the best friend a young QB could have. A dominant running game.

BTW... Isn't it wonderful to see an emerging program starting to walk out of the SEC basement? And with Joker Phillips secured for the future... this thing is picking up speed.

C! A! T! S!

CATS! CATS! CATS!

This is what I have always felt as well. We need other positions as well but the Oline is where it all starts with controlling the game. Faneca knows his job and is tough and would give any rookie the immediate impact and knowledge to grow in a hurry. pay the man what he is worth and then look for lower priced guys at other positions like TE, WR, S, DL.

If this happens, I think it would be safe to say that we want to start winning immediately. You don't just go out and sign a guard like Faneca and plan to rebuild the team for the next 3-4 years.

I hate to be a doom and gloomer but there are going to be a lot of unhappy Dolphin fans after the free agent signing frenzy is over.

This has Parcells written all over it. He did the same thing with the Cowboys when he brought in Marco Rivera, for the exact same reasons. He wants a veteran in the OL to teach the young guys the "right way" to play in this league and instill attitude and mental toughness in them. Parcells has said that in every great team he's ever coached the offensive line ruled the lockerroom and set a blue collar tone for the entire team.

Don't look for him to bring Flozell to the Dolphins. Flozell was one of Parcells' favorite players with the Cowboys the first couple of years, and Parcells frequently would gush over how great his potential is and proclaim that he could be one of the greats if he put his heart into it. I guess Flozell didn't answer the call, because it seemed like Parcells soured on him his last couple of years in Dallas.

I have a feeling Faneca will be on alot of teams radar.

i dindt say we are, if u read i said I HOPE IT DOES. Thats KEY right there.
I konw you really are against us getting him n' FA so im not surprised. To each their own. :beer1:
The main part of your post that I was replying to was this...

to the ney sayers its ok, we'll pick up a loser for ur likings as well. lerkekrkrkererererer should plz u guys if hes still on teh team eh?

Armando doesn't know anything more than we do, his reference to the Jets is a different situation, we're starting a rebuild and the Jets are trying to retool to win. Huge difference.

To say that the people who want to see the Phins do this rebuild the right way are rooting for Miami to sign losers is ridiculous. Bryant Johnson, Tommy Kelly, Calvin Pace, Madieu Williams, Gibril Wilson, Chad Pennigton, Shaun Rogers, Jacob Bell, etc are not throw away players that can't help a team. They are quality players that will come at a cheaper price than the big name FA's like Faneca, Briggs, Adams, etc.

Would you rather have 2 big name FA's or 4 or 5 next level players that will fill more needs and possibly help us get better faster?

Lets be honest, Faneca isn't worth the Hutchinson money that he'll be seeking, so why should all Miami fans be happy if the team were to sign him for a ridiculous amount? Same with Adams? Briggs and Samuel are system players and wouldn't do as well in Miami as they have in NE/Chicago, why should we be happy if Armando started dropping their names without a clue as to what Parcells and Co. are going to do?

A quick and simple check of Parcells history shows that he doesn't go after the big names, especially in his first year, yet that doesn't stop people from penciling them into our lineup with no regard for salary cap, how they fit into our system or a players character and behavior. That to me is ridiculous and a quick way to handicap ourselves and ruin the team for another half decade. No thanks.

Back
Top Bottom