Faneca on Fins radar? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Faneca on Fins radar?

a 32 year old G is not that big of a deal I would be comfortable signing him to a 3 year deal for 3.5M a year.

a 32 year old G is not that big of a deal I would be comfortable signing him to a 3 year deal for 3.5M a year.

let me play faneca's agent :sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

He'll want a 3 year deal for 7.0M a year. Still want him?

the up front money is the most important thing, so a 3 year deal won't work for either side

we will need to have at least 6 years on the contract to give him the bonus he will want

I would guess that the bidding will start at 6 years $45 million with $18 guaranteed

the up front money is the most important thing, so a 3 year deal won't work for either side

we will need to have at least 6 years on the contract to give him the bonus he will want

I would guess that the bidding will start at 6 years $45 million with $18 guaranteed

3 years at 3.5m per? Ya maybe if this was the year 2000:lol:

I'd gladly give Alan Faneca a huge deal around 5 years 41m with a 18m signing bonus and shape it like this. Front load the deal heavily so that Alan knows he'll see the hefty part of the base salary early.

I don't want to see us break the bank on a 32 year-old guard.

Good point, and I'am not saying Faneca is washed up, but the Steelers always seem to know when to get rid of a guy at the end of their game.

7 mil a year for a 32 year old very good guard? Tough choices with him and Flozell...

Caught this in Salguero's blog on the Herald.

So you heard it here first (actually I wrote this months ago and am going to repeat it): The Dolphins will very likely chase Pittsburgh guard Alan Faneca. Faneca is a Pro Bowl player and a winner. He is also the guy Bill Parcells told the New York Jets they should sign when he talked to that team's braintrust at times during the 2007 season.

Parcells told the Jets that taking Faneca would bring stability to their offensive line and help turn young tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson and young center Nick Mangold into better players. So now I think Parcells will take his own advice because the Dolphins need a fine guard to bring stability to their young center Samson Satele and their left tackle (whoever that will be).

So Alan Faneca is on Miami's radar for sure.

Not sure how I feel about spending a lot of $$$ on a 32-year old guard, but it is a legit point that he should make the rest of the line better and would be a good example for the young guys.

http://dolphinsindepth.blogspot.com/2008/02/dolphins-rule-roost-on-salary-cap-space.html

Sorry, but calling a guy a "winner", especially a guard, is an empty thing to say. If he's "won" he's just been on a good team. Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas aren't "losers."

Faneca>>Flozell imo, and we will NOT sign both ... One older heavy priced FA OL is fine, 2 is a bit much imo

Anyway. Jake Long/Faneca/Satele/TBA (Mormino?)/Carey

Sorry thats got some good potential right there. Faneca will bring stability and leadership to a YOUNG and talented group of guys there. This could be special ...

Faneca>>Flozell imo, and we will NOT sign both ... One older heavy priced FA OL is fine, 2 is a bit much imo

Anyway. Jake Long/Faneca/Satele/TBA (Mormino?)/Carey

Sorry thats got some good potential right there. Faneca will bring stability and leadership to a YOUNG and talented group of guys there. This could be special ...
I definetly agree that we should go for Faneca over Flozell. A guard can usually play at a higher level when they are in their 30s than a tackle. If we went with Faneca and then drafted one of the top OTs in the draft we would be set for 4-5 years on the left side.

Back
Top Bottom