Fangio and Dolphins parting ways. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fangio and Dolphins parting ways.

Fangio is a reputable coach who has generally done a good job wherever he's been employed. I wager he'll get immediate interest around the NFL and be employed in a matter of days. I'll confess that I don't follow team news and rumor mill as much as I used to, but I'm honestly a little bit stunned to have seen this news today.

"Mutually agreed to part ways" is usually polite code for "We fired him."

It's possible that the team finds a gem and upgrades the coaching staff as a result of this, but I still tend to think that the team's defensive issues are on the personnel side of things.

Seems Eagles is pretty much a done deal already.

He was getting DC interviews though right?
I don’t care, all teams interview everyone, doesn’t mean **** until he has a job and gets judged. Those meetings you saw on hard knocks were cringe worthy

McDaniel for firing Fangio. Dude was coaching the walking wounded and scrubs. His 3 stud pass rushers out, stud corners out, most linebackers out. Yet he got McDaniel and his high powered offense the ball back with 2 minutes to go and a chance to beat or tie Buffalo at home. He held the Cheifs to 16 points in the playoff for most the game. The defense was improving, players were developing.

McDaniel for firing Fangio. Dude was coaching the walking wounded and scrubs. His 3 stud pass rushers out, stud corners out, most linebackers out. Yet he got McDaniel and his high powered offense the ball back with 2 minutes to go and a chance to beat or tie Buffalo at home. He held the Cheifs to 16 points in the playoff for most the game. The defense was improving, players were developing.

Dude, actually read the Tweet.

Why? He has a really good coaching staff now and has many connections with many different coaches from the Shanahan coaching tree.
Fangio was special. you saw it before people started going down. I don’t trust McD with hiring until I see it produce

However, he did a great job hiring Coach Barry. Gotta give him credit there

Fangio wanted to be closer to his family in PA. What was Miami gonna do, say “no?”

They could have. Or demand a pick in a trade. Would likely have hurt reputation around the league though with coaches so probably not worth it for a guy who didn’t want to be there.

Back
Top Bottom