Fangio and Dolphins parting ways. | Page 52 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fangio and Dolphins parting ways.

If that was his thinking, then I'm glad he's gone.
Not me. Why in 2024 Vic would have had a chance to get more of his players in place to play his defense. The back half of season the defense carried the offense this year imo. Vics defensive resume is one of the best in the NFL.
The rest of what is left over is question marks or very long shots to help this team move forward.
ST Crossman is top of the list.
Grier poor drafts
Cap space exploding
Unknown and new defensive coordinator.
Tua improvement and continue health
McDaniel ability to diverse the offense around other players and make improved adjustments.
If "both" our offense and defense had finished strong and we made it or almost made it to this weekends round of playoffs I would be more hopeful. I just hope McDaniel and Tua can take the next step at this point and we get very very lucky in the other spots.

That’s laughable actually

The team has plenty of diverse talent

Built in excuse in case of failure
I have to disagree with you there. I had no expectations during the offseason because the roster wasn't championship caliber, especially on the defensive side. I've posted that repeatedly. I couldn't think of any example among my favorite teams in any sport that seriously contended for a title with so many mediocrities in starting roles.

I think the Chiefs have demonstrated the gap. That isn't a bully defense. It can translate anywhere. Attack and converge. I didn't watch the first Dolphins/Chiefs game because I was on vacation. But that day when I saw the halftime score of 21-0 I wasn't surprised. And I have no idea how that halftime score was forgotten, to the point the Chiefs were deemed overrated.

There is immense clarity gained via not watching the games. See the scores as they roll in and glance at the key stats. Nobody kids themselves via woulda-coulda.

We actually had posters here kid themselves into Dolphins superior to Chiefs, via watching that regular season game.

The team isn't talented or tough enough on defense, and Tua has athletic/arm limitations. We can change coordinators or play callers every season. Generalities overwhelm specifics.

I have to disagree with you there. I had no expectations during the offseason because the roster wasn't championship caliber, especially on the defensive side. I've posted that repeatedly. I couldn't think of any example among my favorite teams in any sport that seriously contended for a title with so many mediocrities in starting roles.

I think the Chiefs have demonstrated the gap. That isn't a bully defense. It can translate anywhere. Attack and converge. I didn't watch the first Dolphins/Chiefs game because I was on vacation. But that day when I saw the halftime score of 21-0 I wasn't surprised. And I have no idea how that halftime score was forgotten, to the point the Chiefs were deemed overrated.

There is immense clarity gained via not watching the games. See the scores as they roll in and glance at the key stats. Nobody kids themselves via woulda-coulda.

We actually had posters here kid themselves into Dolphins superior to Chiefs, via watching that regular season game.

The team isn't talented or tough enough on defense, and Tua has athletic/arm limitations. We can change coordinators or play callers every season. Generalities overwhelm specifics.

I think we had enough talent on the dline and secondary to make it a good solid defense, Holland, Ramsey, X, wilkins, sieler, chubb, phillips, ginkel, david long

those are above average starters no?

I think we had enough talent on the dline and secondary to make it a good solid defense, Holland, Ramsey, X, wilkins, sieler, chubb, phillips, ginkel, david long

those are above average starters no?
Who in that group is a true difference maker? A guy teams really fear? Ramsey is the only one IMO. I have a feeling you will say Holland and Wilkins. Those guys don't dictate games. Phillips has the ability and the motor but he hasn't put everything together.

Meanwhile look at the Chiefs and Ravens defenses and 49ers. They have guy littered across their defenses that will whip your ass. We really don't have anyone that competes with the Chris Jones, Sneed, Mcduffie, Roquan Smith, Kyle Hamilton, Bosa, Greenlaw, Fred Warner types. Ramsey is it.

Who in that group is a true difference maker? A guy teams really fear? Ramsey is the only one IMO. I have a feeling you will say Holland and Wilkins. Those guys don't dictate games. Phillips has the ability and the motor but he hasn't put everything together.
I do think Ramsey Wilkins and Phillips and Chubb are difference makers, imo enough talent to create a diverse above average scheme with

The Dolphins loss to the Titans this season sealed Fangio's fate with the team.
Yep that right there was the "uh oh" moment that ****ed our season IMO. Everything fell apart after that...don't get me started.

14 up against Mahomes, oops I mean Will Levis at home.... nightmares I tell yah 😂

Meanwhile look at the Chiefs and Ravens defenses and 49ers. They have guy littered across their defenses that will whip your ass. We really don't have anyone that competes with the Chris Jones, Sneed, Mcduffie, Roquan Smith, Kyle Hamilton, Bosa, Greenlaw, Fred Warner types. Ramsey is it.

We don't need players who are "difference makers".

We do need players who "can do their jobs well" and are smart enough to learn the play book, play alert football and stay in shape.

The rest is up to the coaching staff and FO.
This is football 101.

Are you capable of "matriculating" up to that level yet? - LOL

Back
Top Bottom