Fangio and Dolphins parting ways. | Page 51 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fangio and Dolphins parting ways.

Fangio wanted to be near his 94 yo Mother, and wanted the Eagles all along. Players in the secondary didn't like him, and had big communication breakdowns. Which of these were primary? It's not equally "mutual", I don't think. The constant continuity losses year after year sucks. Maybe we get a gem at DC (I do like some of the candidates a lot) but starting the season with no Chubb, no Phillips, and a new DC will suck.

I want no whine until it's time, and it is not yet that time. - LOL

interesting how people like you refer to anything that disagrees with your view as divisive. why is everything these days divisive? i find people tend to accuse others of what they themselves do. ohh and i was right too, again.

Quit plagiarizing my stuff, or at least spell it right!
Ray is Right, again. - LOL

I said it, and meant it. Look at the majority of NFL teams, their records for the past 5 years and playoff drought. s, you might see (if you pull your head out) that the overall talent has improved to the point of being thought of as a contender to win it all and a playoff team. You don't do that by missing more often than not. Period Re-read your original post, you said it.

He can read? - LOL

lemon GIF

Sigh. OK. I'll play. Even though, judging by your "your post is ignorant" and "get your head out" comments you're possibly incapable of intelligent discourse if someone's opinion differs.

Firstly, were we ever really seen as a contender to win it all? Not by most people I don't believe. We were a flat track Bully. Sure, he built a playoff team. A team capable of scraping into the playoffs but not winning a game. He did this with a qb on a cheap rookie deal and by absolutely mortgaging the future. Take a look at the cap hell we're in this off season. We're going to lose some very important pieces. He did all this with huge help from the texans and their incompetence.

Now, go take a temperature check around this forum. I'm not the only one with a, let's say, lukewarm feeling on Chris Grier. How long has he been part of the front office? How long has it been since we had a playoff win?

OK, good for you if you're happy with one and done in playoffs (while going all in, I'll add again). I'm not. I'm happy for you to have your opinion. I don't think you need to get your head out. I don't think your post was ignorant.

Enjoy your day.
OK, fellow Irishman that was perhaps uncalled for. Maybe not, although my reaction score begs to differ. You didn't acknowledge the recent past futility, pre-Grier as GM. You also didn't say the team has gotten any better. Sigh. I'm very unhappy with one and done, and to not be competitive the last 4 games. The team was a 250 to 1 to win it all so expectations nationally and in Vegas were not there, but early season many national pundits jumped on the bandwagon. Injuries played a big part as did bad game planning after teams saw how to defend this Offense, IMHO. Peace!

Last edited:
Holy "I'm in denial" Batman!

Been catching up on posts this morning and have read multiple threads where you do exactly what you are accusing this other posters of doing. You need to get a grip.

Oh, and you are right about one part........this one:

I think you might want to listen to your own comment here
torry i dont accuse anyone of anything....i just comment, and then become right! booya

OK, fellow Irishmen that was perhaps uncalled for. Maybe not, although my reaction score begs to differ. You didn't acknowledge the recent past futility, pre-Grier as GM. You also didn't say the team has gotten any better. Sigh. I'm very unhappy with one and done, and to not be competitive the last 4 games. The team was a 250 to 1 to win it all so expectations nationally and in Vegas were not there, but early season many national pundits jumped on the bandwagon. Injuries played a big part as did bad game planning after teams saw how to defend this Offense, IMHO. Peace!
Oh god yeah, there's been plenty of futility pre grier, would never deny that. Nor would I disagree that he's better than some of the other gms in the league.

But... I think he's had long enough now. He doesn't build a roster that contains punch them in the mouth players, and I think you need that to win in January. It's evidenced by us routinely getting stuffed by tough teams. The baltimore freak comeback the outlier. The team has gotten a bit better. But not massively. This year, won one more game than '20 under Flores. And this year we surely had one of the easiest strength of schedules in the league? I haven't looked the up, but it felt that way. Didn't play many playoff teams.

My thinking.., he went all in. With a qb on a cheap deal. And we were good enough to limp into the playoffs. It's gonna be a worse roster next year, judging by the lack of money. He'll really have to hit on his draft picks. Maybe he can.

You are basically on point except it had nothing to do with McDaniel. I been saying for over a month he might leave. I wrote in some threads and people pm asking how I knew.

He basically just never wanted to be here. It’s as simple as that. Didn’t want to be in Florida. Only took job because we talked him into it and threw boat load of money at him and the eagles job last year got all messed up because of some tampering issue.

Then he decided to just go to the prom with us. Then ditched us at midnight. You anaology is spot on.
Yep, you're both right ( I'd guess McD's style was the opposite of Vic's cup of tea, but didn't matter). And like the hottie bitches in the analogies, it sucks. (Or doesn't suck in the date analogies :lol:) Whatever decent choice we would have made instead of Fangio would at least have familiarity with scheme and style going into next year; foundation laid.

BTW if you're young and dating in the Hollywood/ West LA scene you get the world class/ on steroids version of those analogies. 😭

Listening to Vics media clips he indicated the talent he was looking for was not all there yet. Obviously after 1 year. With the free agent exits most likely it's going to get worse
That’s laughable actually

The team has plenty of diverse talent

Built in excuse in case of failure

Mean old "Lemming". - LOL
Oh god yeah, there's been plenty of futility pre grier, would never deny that. Nor would I disagree that he's better than some of the other gms in the league.

But... I think he's had long enough now. He doesn't build a roster that contains punch them in the mouth players, and I think you need that to win in January. It's evidenced by us routinely getting stuffed by tough teams. The baltimore freak comeback the outlier. The team has gotten a bit better. But not massively. This year, won one more game than '20 under Flores. And this year we surely had one of the easiest strength of schedules in the league? I haven't looked the up, but it felt that way. Didn't play many playoff teams.

My thinking.., he went all in. With a qb on a cheap deal. And we were good enough to limp into the playoffs. It's gonna be a worse roster next year, judging by the lack of money. He'll really have to hit on his draft picks. Maybe he can.
Fair enough.

Back
Top Bottom