Fangio and Dolphins parting ways. | Page 50 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fangio and Dolphins parting ways.

I said it, and meant it. Look at the majority of NFL teams, their records for the past 5 years and playoff drought. s, you might see (if you pull your head out) that the overall talent has improved to the point of being thought of as a contender to win it all and a playoff team. You don't do that by missing more often than not. Period Re-read your original post, you said it.
Sigh. OK. I'll play. Even though, judging by your "your post is ignorant" and "get your head out" comments you're possibly incapable of intelligent discourse if someone's opinion differs.

Firstly, were we ever really seen as a contender to win it all? Not by most people I don't believe. We were a flat track Bully. Sure, he built a playoff team. A team capable of scraping into the playoffs but not winning a game. He did this with a qb on a cheap rookie deal and by absolutely mortgaging the future. Take a look at the cap hell we're in this off season. We're going to lose some very important pieces. He did all this with huge help from the texans and their incompetence.

Now, go take a temperature check around this forum. I'm not the only one with a, let's say, lukewarm feeling on Chris Grier. How long has he been part of the front office? How long has it been since we had a playoff win?

OK, good for you if you're happy with one and done in playoffs (while going all in, I'll add again). I'm not. I'm happy for you to have your opinion. I don't think you need to get your head out. I don't think your post was ignorant.

Enjoy your day.

Couldn't squeeze out a 4th or 5th round draft pick in a trade? You just had to "do the right thing" and let him go for nothing?

Especially considering they are about to get a few comp picks and would've spared some to get their guy?

Way to be classy instead of competitive.

No point in keeping him if he wanted to leave.

It appears the NFL is looking into this situation.
We may still get a pick at the Eagles expense without raising a finger.

Maybe our FO realized this was likely to occur and anticipate getting a high compensation pick without taking any action at all.

And you thought he would be worth a 4th or a 5th round pick? Leave important decisions to the Big Boys. - LOL

Apparently it was a mutual decision. Quoting Palm Beach Post they allowed too many passing TDs however with the injuries, the met expectations.

"The personality meshing of McDaniel, 40, and Fangio, 65, was not always seamless, league sources indicated throughout the season.

McDaniel is a new-age coach with some quirks.

And Fangio, well, he's a bit old school.

It never seemed to be a long-term marriage."

Age discrimination - LOL

No point in keeping him if he wanted to leave.

It appears the NFL is looking into this situation.
We may still get a pick at the Eagles expense without raising a finger.

Maybe our FO realized this was likely to occur and anticipate getting a high compensation pick without taking any action at all.

And you thought he would be worth a 4th or a 5th round pick? Leave important decisions to the Big Boys. - LOL

We’re not getting squat.

So we'll be on our 3rd defensive coordinator in 3 years. That's not great.

So What!

We improved a lot defensively last year and there is absolutely NO REASON to believe we won't get an even more effective DC for this season, unless you are a "Lemming".

If there is any truth to some of the information coming out now, it looks like he had some defensive players in his doghouse and when we needed them, he didn't put them on the field. We will know that is that's true when those same players show up on the field and play well this upcoming season.

Yes, you are being bated. - LOL

Age wasn't the issue. McDaniel as we know, is a little or a lot quirky, geekish, etc. It was a personality issue. 2 guys just weren't compatible

In either case, Vic didn't "age" well and his expiration date has "expired". - LOL

Oh, will you be ok? Are you sure? Because you seem pretty thin skinned and easily triggered so I just want to make sure that you will be ok. We wouldn't want the Almighty Overlord of Dolphins Mediocre Internet Musings to be upset in any way shape or form.

"Fin-Loco" awarded 1-point!
"Tua all the haters" awarded 1-"Lemming Alert"! - LOL

Ray is Right - again! - LOL

Listening to Vics media clips he indicated the talent he was looking for was not all there yet. Obviously after 1 year. With the free agent exits most likely it's going to get worse

If that was his thinking, then I'm glad he's gone.

Back
Top Bottom