Fangio Gone? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fangio Gone?

Reach any further, and you'd have to change your name to Inspector Gadget.

He gave a very similar response to every question about any potential changes, reiterating that the season just ended and that no evaluations have taken place yet.

There's no smoke, other than what's blowing out your arse.
So about what you were saying? This organization is a joke

Just saw this. Not a fan of this move unless he was the one pushing for it of course. The D was playing lights out until the injuries started piling up, without his three best pass rushers at the end, how often did he get to play his first choice secondary? We had better have a replacement in mind that is not a complete bum.

Reach any further, and you'd have to change your name to Inspector Gadget.

He gave a very similar response to every question about any potential changes, reiterating that the season just ended and that no evaluations have taken place yet.

There's no smoke, other than what's blowing out your arse.
This aged in spectacular fashion!

Fangio is not dumb. He would be mad to stay. This team is on a downward trajectory. We have no effective edge rushers with Chubb, Phillips and AVG out injured or going to free agency. The leader of our defense and the guy holding up our defensive line is someone we won't be able to afford and have one reliable healthy linebacker in David Long Jr. We have one reliable cornerback too. We are an almighty mess on D and it will be a miracle with our limited draft options and cap excess if we are able to address these needs. He should get out of town fast because his job is about to get very very difficult, and if he is relying on Grier to give him the tools he needs to succeed then he is doomed.
Prescient

This would be idiotic and soooo Dolphins. Where there is smoke there is fire. This question was asked for a reason. Someone must know something. McDaniel's lack of a clear answer also speaks volumes. This is not good. Fangio is obviously one of the best DCs in the NFL. No way to build continuity by just churning through DCs either. Folks were psyched about Fangio's hiring. The Fangio thread probably had a hundred thousand comments about what a huge hire he would be. So after the fact, I don't want to hear, he wasn't so good, bla bla bla. Fangio is obviously good. If the organization parts ways with him, just one more mistake in a long list of mistakes over the last 20 years. All I know is down the stretch and in big games, the defense was a lot better than the offense, and the defensive side of the ball had all the injuries. If Fangio gets fired, then fire Grier, and the whole offensive side of the ball, including the coaches and Tua, because they deserve the sacking more! PS is little baby Grier p'od Fangio wouldn't play Cam Smith? Maybe that is because Cam Smith stinks, because nobody keeps a good player off the field. Hey Grier, how did Iggy work out for you too?

▪ Asked if defensive coordinator Vic Fangio will return in 2024, coach Mike McDaniel didn’t give a direct answer, saying: “We’re still grieving through the process as a coaching staff” after Saturday’s loss.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article284235633.html#storylink=cpy
Fangio wanted the Eagles DC job last year; but with all the controversy he just parked in sunny FL for a year. Let it all blow over then go to Philly near his family. He was way under the radar in Miami acted like he really didn't want to be there. So Dolphins probably are not running him out out town. It most like more Fangio does not want to be in Miami and WANTS to be in Philly

I'm thinking there was an agreement in place that if certain jobs became available, the Fins would let him pursue it. He was heavily courted by the Eagles and was assisting them when the opportunity came open in Miami. I don't think he was "fired"....we likely just let him walk away from his contract

I do not like it from a consistency sake, which is something we need.....but lets make a good decision on a replacement and continue to improve.

Also a bit telling the reaction from the players. Might have been some bad chemistry behind the curtain....

Fangio wanted the Eagles DC job last year; but with all the controversy he just parked in sunny FL for a year. Let it all blow over then go to Philly near his family. He was way under the radar in Miami acted like he really didn't want to be there. So Dolphins probably are not running him out out town. It most like more Fangio does not want to be in Miami and WANTS to be in Philly
He quit obviously

It seems like it just wasnt a good fit for Fangio.
He seems like an old school type coach. And the lack of discipline on this team and stupid dance crap and the inability to deal with physical games probably did not sit well with him.
The defense was decent for a while then fell apart late in the season.
Even with that the crap offense in the games against winning teams was far worse.

I wouldn't want to be in Miami either after this season.

I don't think the lot of you appreciate how special this team really was, what it took to overcome the curse-like amount of injuries we sustained.

And in the end... the stars? The people we'd put the game in the hands off? Your McDaniel. Your Tua. Your Hill. Couldn't adjust. Couldn't be accurate. Couldn't catch.

I look at the amount of times this talented team beat itself & it's a miracle arrests weren't made for attempted suicide.

Back
Top Bottom