Fangio Gone? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fangio Gone?

It’s probably because Fangio told his bosses one too many times that he doesn’t have the players to be successful. Said so publicly during pre-season and probably every week in staff meetings. Grier will let him go. It’s what Grier does.

This would be idiotic and soooo Dolphins. Where there is smoke there is fire. This question was asked for a reason. Someone must know something. McDaniel's lack of a clear answer also speaks volumes. This is not good. Fangio is obviously one of the best DCs in the NFL. No way to build continuity by just churning through DCs either. Folks were psyched about Fangio's hiring. The Fangio thread probably had a hundred thousand comments about what a huge hire he would be. So after the fact, I don't want to hear, he wasn't so good, bla bla bla. Fangio is obviously good. If the organization parts ways with him, just one more mistake in a long list of mistakes over the last 20 years. All I know is down the stretch and in big games, the defense was a lot better than the offense, and the defensive side of the ball had all the injuries. If Fangio gets fired, then fire Grier, and the whole offensive side of the ball, including the coaches and Tua, because they deserve the sacking more! PS is little baby Grier p'od Fangio wouldn't play Cam Smith? Maybe that is because Cam Smith stinks, because nobody keeps a good player off the field. Hey Grier, how did Iggy work out for you too?

▪ Asked if defensive coordinator Vic Fangio will return in 2024, coach Mike McDaniel didn’t give a direct answer, saying: “We’re still grieving through the process as a coaching staff” after Saturday’s loss.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article284235633.html#storylink=cpy
He is not going to get fired but I heard he was not going to finish contract. It will be hard for him to walk away from all this money so expect him to stay.

He isn’t unhappy but he isn’t happy either it seems. Mostly just because he isn’t a south Florida guy. Remember he delayed signing with us. He wanted another option to work out. This was not his first choice.

Saying all that I think he will stay this year for sure

Maybe Fangio is contemplating retirement? Didn't his girlfriend have to move from the west coast when Fangio was hired? Perhaps she's unsettled and maybe Vic too?

It will all come out in the wash as they say.

Underwhelming hire in my opinion, his defenses got smoked in big games.
Defense was absolutely decimated by injuries. Eg we picked up 3 pass rushing linebackers in the week before the Chiefs game just to have players on the field. Next man up but seriously you can't blame Fangio. Jaelan Phillips, Bradley Chubb, Andrew Van Ginkel, Xavien Howard, Jerome Baker, etc is a lot of the core defensive talent to lose. Fangio has a complex defensive system and it took a while before it came together but I wouldn't replace him.

It’s probably because Fangio told his bosses one too many times that he doesn’t have the players to be successful. Said so publicly during pre-season and probably every week in staff meetings. Grier will let him go. It’s what Grier does.
Can you cite examples of "that's what Grier does" with coaches?

I must be missing something.

Underwhelming hire in my opinion, his defenses got smoked in big games.

While the offense didn’t do him any favors during the 3 game skid, his defense couldn't get off the field against good teams. They didn't play complimentary football.

Fangio goes and mcdoofus keeps crossman

Would be typical

Maybe Fangio doesnt believe in McD and or tua.

Everyone is jumping to conclusions that mcd is firing fangio and if its true at all that fang is on the way out, it just may be fangio wanting out.

Theres a concept.

Back
Top Bottom